Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#361    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postquillius, on 09 October 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Chrlz,Boon and Euphorbia,

apologies for not responding to posts a few days back, I feel any response now is 'out of date' to an extent.

I would finish my participation to say at least Chrlz has provided an argument against the analysis itself, I for one do not have the time let alone the ability to scrutinise Chrlz analysis, but hope someone with a greater knowledge does so.

I can understand why McG makes the comments he does regarding trust, in the same way a majority of skeptics did not accept the analysis of a random internet poster (mainly due to the tone being in favour of true UFO), likewise many here do not wish to take the word of another random internet poster (Chrlz, with all due respect) whos tone/outcome favours a more mundane possibilty to the object.

Overall I agree there is probably little more to be said on this photo and its down to us all to think as we will......

Excellent post!...Once again , showing yourself to be 'the voice of reason' Quillius! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#362    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 09 October 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Frankly, I couldn't care less what you believe.

But the fact of the matter is that the evidence of ET visitation is non-existent and that is the basis from which I discuss. The day when (if ever) that changes the discussion will change.

You dig at me a lot, and I'm not timid about responding, so you care that much.  What you're saying about evidence is totally false, too, although you do ignore or dismiss all of it.

#363    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

@ OP

To me it seem's fake.... it seem's that it was cloned into the photo (in my opinion)

Seeing as it is a clear blue sky I would of thought they would of noticed something like that in the sky at the time of taking the photo

Posted Image

#364    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 10 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

You dig at me a lot, and I'm not timid about responding, so you care that much.  What you're saying about evidence is totally false, too, although you do ignore or dismiss all of it.

Having read enough of badeskov's posts over the years I can tell you that he only cares about how the evidence is portrayed and interpreted (as well as whether or not something constitutes as evidence in the first place). Your interpretations aren't nearly as solid as you seem to believe, hence the 'rivalry'. Your polarizing view over something as simple as a difference of opinion is telling however. With you it seems to be 'us versus them' which is practically the definition of bias. Be careful or you may become that which you rail so fervently against... if you haven't already.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#365    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

View Post1963, on 09 October 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Excellent post!...Once again , showing yourself to be 'the voice of reason' Quillius! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

:blush: Thanks 1963, although you seem to always add a nice 'balance' to any heavily one sided debates,  :tu:

#366    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,802 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Wouldn't it be luverly if the correctness and verifiability of the information one posted was the only criteria for whether someone should be listened to..  you could even add their willingness to debate and back up their comments with cites and examples - I find that quite a good guide..

Anyone here who wishes to debate the facts and analyses, such as they stand?

And may I ask of the ufo=et crowd, who would you trust as an analyst, and why?  Do such analysts post here and properly debate their information, and if not, why not?

BTW, I'd be quite happy to go through the Ritzmann analysis point by point if anyone thinks that would help, but it seems that interest has now dropped off both here and at ATS.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#367    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 10 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be luverly if the correctness and verifiability of the information one posted was the only criteria for whether someone should be listened to..  you could even add their willingness to debate and back up their comments with cites and examples - I find that quite a good guide..

Anyone here who wishes to debate the facts and analyses, such as they stand?

And may I ask of the ufo=et crowd, who would you trust as an analyst, and why?  Do such analysts post here and properly debate their information, and if not, why not?

BTW, I'd be quite happy to go through the Ritzmann analysis point by point if anyone thinks that would help, but it seems that interest has now dropped off both here and at ATS.
Personally, I feel this photo has been analyzed sufficiently to conclude it's impossible to determine what that object is.  Although I am part of the "ET crowd", I don't blindly equate UFO's to ETV's.  I keep an open mind, but it seems to me all the UFO pictures and video's I have seen over many years now are either debunked or are found to be inconclusive.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#368    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Personally, I feel this photo has been analyzed sufficiently to conclude it's impossible to determine what that object is.  Although I am part of the "ET crowd", I don't blindly equate UFO's to ETV's.  I keep an open mind, but it seems to me all the UFO pictures and video's I have seen over many years now are either debunked or are found to be inconclusive.

I agree with the most part, and would add that any videos or pictures would always be inconclusive at least as far as scientific evidence goes

#369    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

I agree with the most part, and would add that any videos or pictures would always be inconclusive at least as far as scientific evidence goes
Within the "inconclusive" category, there's enough of them that I still think "maybe".

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#370    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Within the "inconclusive" category, there's enough of them that I still think "maybe".

that makes two of us

Edited by quillius, 10 October 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#371    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Another idea: it's a pearl inside a ring on which edge a couple of gems are set, and the whole thing as a pendant on a necklace. The only part of the necklace that's still visible (= not erased) is the shackle:

Posted Image

Go to Google Images, and enter:

pearl setting 'inside the ring" necklace

or:

pearl setting 'inside the ring" necklace silver

https://www.google.n...2O-mq0AW_jYGQDQ

Just AN example:

Posted Image

http://www.illuminat.../116/image/531/

#372    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just for poops and chuckles I did a Google image search on a close up of the UFO in the goat picture...

I got one image of a set of keys on a blue background.

And I got 15 images of modern aircraft against a blue sky.

Conclusion:  It's a grey/blue object with bright reflections on a blue-sky background. :clap:

edit:  It seems unusual that I didn't get a return on the original image, considering I've seen it blasted all over the internet since it first appeared.

Edited by synchronomy, 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#373    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Another idea: it's a pearl inside a ring on which edge a couple of gems are set, and the whole thing as a pendant on a necklace. The only part of the necklace that's still visible (= not erased) is the shackle:

Posted Image

Go to Google Images, and enter:

pearl setting 'inside the ring" necklace

or:

pearl setting 'inside the ring" necklace silver

https://www.google.n...2O-mq0AW_jYGQDQ

Just AN example:

Posted Image

http://www.illuminat.../116/image/531/
Conclusion all UFO photos are just a pearl thrown to the swine?  LOL

#374    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,068 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

that makes two of us

Better make that the 3 of us , I'm not sold on this particular item being ET , the claims for and against are all valid due to the inconclusive nature of the picture .

Im happy to say that it's a " maybe "  ( until or if more information comes to light )

TiP.

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#375    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 10 October 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

Having read enough of badeskov's posts over the years I can tell you that he only cares about how the evidence is portrayed and interpreted (as well as whether or not something constitutes as evidence in the first place).

I don't think that's true at all.  At least it's not my experience--not in any way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users