Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

We're all going on a - Ghost Hunt

ghostsevp investigation

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostMurk, on 11 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Ah yes I know it :) Its just across from the Maids Head hotel. I go past that every day on the way to work. Its a medieval building and its still as skewed now, if there weren'y buildings around it, it would have fallen over by now! I hadn't heard about that particular story though, it does sounds very similar to a house about 400 yards away which apparently regularly changes hands due to the activity there. But then there are about 6-8 ghost stories within a mile of that place, maybe more. Norwich is a very old place, if you are going to catch anything you would think it would be a prime location!

Haha you must live pretty damn close to me, I live near Magdalen street.

Maids head hotel, yeah that's the one. I think it was on Most haunted as well, I know one of them in Norwich was.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,222 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostMurk, on 11 April 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Thanks Sakari, I think the psychological side of it will be the most challenging part about it. We are all very level headed so I'm not anticipating us over-reacting. I have had unexplained events happen to me when I was young, most of which I can rationalise and explain, but one event I cannot. Hence the curiousity. Whatever we do discover I will put up here for scrutiny.

So if you were trying to capture physical evidence, such as anything you could present to academics, what would you suggest?

As i said. Good pictures, good video, and good recordings. Clear, not " sounds like, or looks like ".

A POV camera would be nice. One that is filming directly where you are looking. Then, when someone says " I just saw " then the camera will have the proof if it is in the mind or not.

Same for recordings..." did you hear that "......Well, if you did, a micraphone would also.

Now, something else, as evidence. There are so many places claimed to be " one of the most haunted ", and when anyone goes there to ghost hunt, they get " results ". If this were true ( and not in the mind ), there would be evidence, and enough to get Universities and such to start investigating.

Also, some have investigated, to a point. Duke University had, but shut it down after some years of nothing. ( studied the Paranormal )......UCLA had.

For the rest, it is studies in sounds, and dark, and how things effect our minds. Even how our minds can be fed just a tiny bit of information ( I heard that place is haunted ) and make us think anything is true.

I had seen a study on sound, high and low frequencies, that we can not hear, and how they effect people " looking for ghosts "......Was quite convincing actually. And sounds that occur all around us.

So, if you can find things that are convincing enough, and that are not random, then you can present them to a University.

Do not say " hey, this place is haunted, we looked ".......You would need " we have gone 5 times, and every time, these are the results we get "

Edited by Sakari, 11 April 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostSakari, on 11 April 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

As i said. Good pictures, good video, and good recordings. Clear, not " sounds like, or looks like ".

A POV camera would be nice. One that is filming directly where you are looking. Then, when someone says " I just saw " then the camera will have the proof if it is in the mind or not.

Same for recordings..." did you hear that "......Well, if you did, a micraphone would also.

Now, something else, as evidence. There are so many places claimed to be " one of the most haunted ", and when anyone goes there to ghost hunt, they get " results ". If this were true ( and not in the mind ), there would be evidence, and enough to get Universities and such to start investigating.

Also, some have investigated, to a point. Duke University had, but shut it down after some years of nothing. ( studied the Paranormal )......UCLA had.

For the rest, it is studies in sounds, and dark, and how things effect our minds. Even how our minds can be fed just a tiny bit of information ( I heard that place is haunted ) and make us think anything is true.

I had seen a study on sound, high and low frequencies, that we can not hear, and how they effect people " looking for ghosts "......Was quite convincing actually. And sounds that occur all around us.

So, if you can find things that are convincing enough, and that are not random, then you can present them to a University.

Do not say " hey, this place is haunted, we looked ".......You would need " we have gone 5 times, and every time, these are the results we get "

Good advice, although I'm not going to lay out a huge expense to begin with, but I'm prepared to should we experience/encounter anything on our first few "hunts". A voice recorder and decent camera to begin with, then take it from there.

I completely get where you are coming from - evidence needs to be repeatable. But I will say, from the past experiences I've had, that may not be possible but will be fascinating to try,

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#19    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostCoffey, on 11 April 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Haha you must live pretty damn close to me, I live near Magdalen street.

Maids head hotel, yeah that's the one. I think it was on Most haunted as well, I know one of them in Norwich was.

Yeah you are very close! We should go for beers in the Wild Man or the Adam and Eve, both are supposed to be haunted :tu:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,222 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostMurk, on 11 April 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Good advice, although I'm not going to lay out a huge expense to begin with, but I'm prepared to should we experience/encounter anything on our first few "hunts". A voice recorder and decent camera to begin with, then take it from there.

I completely get where you are coming from - evidence needs to be repeatable. But I will say, from the past experiences I've had, that may not be possible but will be fascinating to try,

I have experienced some strange things ( posted on this site ) I still can not easily explain......But....

You are all ready going into this with some " blind faith ", and with that " seed " planted.

The best way to go into a " investigation " of any kind, is to just be going in to investigate. I wish I could go. As I am saying, you need to go in with a :

" what makes people think this or that ( sounds, movement ) is a ghost? "

" what is it that is making those things, the mind, something natural? "

When you go in " believing ", you will find something to back up that belief, anything will be used as " evidence " to back up that belief, and prove to others your belief is fact.

That is where everyone goes wrong.

When one of your friends says " did you hear that, or did you see that ", they are planting that seed in your head. If you did not, do not try to convince yourself you did.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostMurk, on 11 April 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Yeah you are very close! We should go for beers in the Wild Man or the Adam and Eve, both are supposed to be haunted :tu:

Yeah mate definitely. I'll give you a shout sometime, might not be soon though got loads going on at the minute and I'm off the drink for a while. Got kidney problems so I detox a lot. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostMurk, on 11 April 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I saw a ghost but only once here in my house.  So even if I had gotten a video of her it doesn't look like its ever going to happen again.  So repeats aren't always possible.

#23    IPR

IPR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• im a keen paranormal investigator and love everything paranormal or unexplained,

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

if anybody lives in cumbria moresby hall is a good location we investigated it bk in 2005 and are looking to go bk this summer      

#24    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostSakari, on 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I have experienced some strange things ( posted on this site ) I still can not easily explain......But....

You are all ready going into this with some " blind faith ", and with that " seed " planted.

The best way to go into a " investigation " of any kind, is to just be going in to investigate. I wish I could go. As I am saying, you need to go in with a :

" what makes people think this or that ( sounds, movement ) is a ghost? "

" what is it that is making those things, the mind, something natural? "

When you go in " believing ", you will find something to back up that belief, anything will be used as " evidence " to back up that belief, and prove to others your belief is fact.

That is where everyone goes wrong.

When one of your friends says " did you hear that, or did you see that ", they are planting that seed in your head. If you did not, do not try to convince yourself you did.

Completely agree with this approach, I'm already starting to get into that kind of mindset in preparation. We have a meeting with the venue manager next week to go through her concerns - one of which is us not being hurt by one of the "nasties" that are there (her words) so that should be an interesting interview. I shall keep you posted with developments, hopefully will be in there in 2-3 weeks time.

View PostCoffey, on 11 April 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yeah mate definitely. I'll give you a shout sometime, might not be soon though got loads going on at the minute and I'm off the drink for a while. Got kidney problems so I detox a lot. lol

Yeah PM me when you are up for a bevvy :) Im not free lots due to work/family/gf commitments but can always make time!

Also tagged with ghostsevp, investigation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users