Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will the world end within 100 days ?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#46    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Didn't a guy named JC say something similar more or less 2000 years ago?  He was wrong and then Paul changed things and the prediction was removed.  Oh well

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#47    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm still convinced that our problems are just too many people.  We get in each others way, we get into each others private business.  We need a good "thinning" of the herd so to speak.  I know that sounds pretty harsh, but I have pondered on this many times and always come to the same conclusion...there are too many of us.

I said in my first post that I think the world is capable of ridding itself of us and I believe that is true.  We will dig one foot too deep, cut down just one too many trees....or something...and the planet will recoil and lash out....maybe a virus held dormant in an ancient tree somewhere...cut it down and release it...sad part is, when there is a "thinning" of the herds, it usually takes a lot more in number than is needed...

We almost checked out about 70,000 years ago when Toba blew...they say the genetic bottleneck shows that we dropped to less than 10,000 people on the whole planet....if that were to happen today...the loss of life is unimaginable....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#48    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

These doomsday prophecies are simply attempts to find meaning in time and event. This of course leads to the obvious desire to start anew because life appears to be out of control.

#49    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

View Postcsspwns, on 16 September 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

if the world does end in less than 100 days then im a beaver -_____-

More like a dead Beaver...

View PostParacelse, on 16 September 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Didn't a guy named JC say something similar more or less 2000 years ago?  He was wrong and then Paul changed things and the prediction was removed.  Oh well

JC? Hope your not pointing a finger at Junior Chubb... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 16 September 2012 - 09:11 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#50    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostVein Capital, on 16 September 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

The time period is the same, but time passes more slowly for us because the universe has been expanding. 50 years to us would  equate to hundreds of years for them.

Um, where did you hear that?  Space between galaxies is expanding.  Time is not changing for us.  Fifty years 200 years ago is same as fifty years now.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#51    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 16 September 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Um, where did you hear that?  Space between galaxies is expanding.  Time is not changing for us.  Fifty years 200 years ago is same as fifty years now.

It was just a random thought :)

Posted Image

#52    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostVein Capital, on 17 September 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

It was just a random thought :)

Good, cause that could really screw things up! :w00t:

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#53    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

The other day someone asked me if i believed in this and i said "I am not going to hold my breath and wait for it." then he asked me what i would be doing if i did believe i told him "If i did believe in this i would be working on my bucket list", he wasn't happy with me but really if it is true ( and i don't believe it is) then what can we do about it, we don't even know for sure how it might  happen .

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 17 September 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#54    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

just another end of the world to drink beer through :)

#55    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

I think Edgar Mitchell had a great answer when he was asked this same question about the Mayan calendar...

"... it had to end at some point."

#56    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

It will be the beginning of a new better world.
Obama will have just been voted out of office and that great big mistake will be history.
We will move forward into a prosperous new year with a leader who actually cares.
It has to be this way because Obama being re-elected is in itself a Doomsday scenerio.

#57    Consumer

Consumer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

If I could decide what this would actually end up being, it would be that everyone, every where in the world would just come Aware to themselves.  To who they are, to how selfish everyone is.  The faster we understand that we are all selfish and understand ourselves, then we will understand everyone else.  We can't begin to imagine how to love and have world peace until everyone understands themselves first.  We will never understand anything that we judge.  And we are all so judgmental...but unfortunately all I can change is my own thinking.  If everyone would understand this, then there would be no more fear and worries or beliefs in matters like this would cease to be. That would be a beneficial "Apocalypse", a true unveiling.  No offense to the post above mine but that is part of the problem.  The world will always be wrong or right in our eyes until we stop looking at it like that.  Until we drop the labels and change ourselves everyone and everything other than us will control us, making us happy..making us sad..mad, depressed...Its our own fault for thinking anything or anyone could make us feel these things in the first place.  If we could only start blaming ourselves for everything that happens to us,  then, our view may change. Then our lives would cease to have ups and downs and everything in between.  If there is suffering it's because we have allowed attatchments and labels to define our lives.  The world is all right, reality is all well..the problem exists in the human mind.

Edited by Consumer, 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#58    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I always get that 'let's wait and see' mentality along with a big ol'dose of skepticism. The 'wait and see' mentality seems to frustrate the people who do believe the world will end. 'Why don't you wake up and see what's happening around you?', they say. Well, I've also read about this line of 'it'll end here' and it never happens. What makes each case special? Just the people who believe it.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#59    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yeah yeah yeah, blame it all on politics. I think all of them are crooked, you just need to vote for the lesser of two evils. Personally I believe that the whole world will end when everybody gets along with eachother, which will never happen, so good for us our world will keep on going until the sun kills us yay.

#60    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 17 September 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I think Edgar Mitchell had a great answer when he was asked this same question about the Mayan calendar...

"... it had to end at some point."

Yeah because... the Mayans DIED...

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users