Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upswing in Bigfoot activity?

DieChecker

Did a news search on Google for bigfoot tonight and found several articles...

There is the one about the guy, bigfoot and the Winnebago....

Bigfoot vandalizes a Winnebago (and other questionable claims)

This story already has its own thread....

UPDATE: With Bigfoot roaming around upper Dauphin County, how to protect yourself

Now if you ever encounter a Bigfoot, John says it is very important to know how to get away.

Male Bigfoots have an enlarged forehead and have problems looking up. So run uphill if it is a male.

Females are top heavy and have problems running downhill. So that's the best direction to run to survive.

Had to post that quote... LOL... :nw:

Man says Bigfoot is in Texas — and he can prove it.

There's a picture, but all you can see is the top of BFs head.

Anonymous Dallas Businessman Says Bigfoot Threw Enormous Rock At Him

Same story as the last one with the top of BFs head in pic. More pics/vids and commentary though.

In search of Bigfoot - Enthusiasts look for signs of elusive creature

Men followed through the woods at night.

State Police Investigating Bigfoot Sighting

DIMENSIONS: Meteor watchers encounter Bigfoot in Christian County

Subscription required. :td:

Bigfoot Craigslist Ad Plagiarized? Sort Of

And...

Florida Bigfoot Researcher Ad on Craigslist Just A Hilarious Prank

To go with it...

'Bigfoot: The Lost Tapes' : It could've been scary good

A scary (?) monster movie in the "found tape" style.

SO.... Why is Bigfoot so popular all of a sudden? Is it the weather? The time of year? Seasonal delusion? Actual bigfoots moving around getting ready for Winter? (Give me your RV, or Bonk!)

I regularly check Google news for bigfoot stories and usually there is Nothing, nada, zilch...

Curious as to if people have any ideas why the Uptick in news stories?

There are numerous Ghost Hunting shows on TV:

...but only 1 Bigfoot Hunting show: Finding Bigfoot

Given the relative success of that show and that they haven't actually found Bigfoot yet it means there is the opportunity for similar shows. Jockeying for those limited spaces is taking place from among the various amateur Bigfoot research groups and individuals - all hoping that their particular angle will prevail. Exciting times...

Double post removed...

Edited by Night Walker

Does Bigfoot hibernate during the winter ?

There's also what seems to be an upsurge in Bigfoot related websites as well. As it happened I did search tonight and ran across a couple I'd never heard of before.......one of them was rather funny......even reported some people saw a couple of Bigfoots fornicating.........doggy style. No, I'm not making this up, just reporting what someone else is making up.

I posted the link on another thread.

If the law of averages doesn't crap out on us then it's reasonable to expect that we should have a Bigfoot or concrete proof of them soon. Although, I have a feeling the law of averages is going to get crapped on, if you get my drift.

Upsurge in actual activity or just upsurge in reports/news on the internet?

Yes!

Seriously, probably more people are seeing the shows and rerporting seeing a Bigfoot use to get you put on the socially excluded list, now it's more likely to make you a local celebrity.

All these morons crashing through the woods better hope what they're looking for isn't real. Eventually an ape will feel threatened, and suddenly the idiots won't have any arms to hold a camera with.

So for the sake of all the morons out there about to cash-in on the Bigfoot fad, I hope he isn't real.

Would sex with Bigfoot be ethical?

Probably, I've had sex with a lot of women who never trimmed their Sasquatch.

• Like 3

Yes!

Seriously, probably more people are seeing the shows and rerporting seeing a Bigfoot use to get you put on the socially excluded list, now it's more likely to make you a local celebrity.

Oh oh.... That probably means if more Bigfoot shows appear on TV then even more people will start seeing Bigfoot in the weeds and in every shadow in the woods.

Would sex with Bigfoot be ethical?

They would somehow have to provide concent. Since they don't talk and don't write (Probably), they would have to be taught ape sign language. Maybe just the OK symbol with a finger from the other hand poking back and forth? :whistle:

Does BF look hot? and is it a female? Dudes aren't my thing.

I've heard the female Bigfoots are very big in the T&A department, and that their fur is supposed to be very fine.

:no: :no: :w00t:

Bigfoot reports increase during the summer. More people are out in the woods seeing stuff that might pass for Bigfoot. Or maybe Bigfoot really does hibernate during the winter.

UFO reports also increase during the summer. More people are seeing satellites and planes in the sky and more kids are Photoshopping on their computers.

Ghost and alien abduction reports increase during the winter. I'm not sure why. Most reports are from indoors so maybe being indoors is why.

As Halloween and dark winter nights approach, tales of scary monsters become more enjoyable.

In my opinion.

Give the Bigfoot clan a break,they're only getting ready to vote in a few days,then its back to hiding.

• Like 2

I would avoid sex with Big Foot, or any ape for that matter.

We don't need more diseases spreading into the human population.

No sense of adventure I see.

• Like 1

Maybe bigfoot senses the approaching December doomsday and is migrating to his spiritual homeland. (Just a thought).

Well, if you watch "Finding Bigfoot" they make it sound like the big, hairy buggers are everywhere, as a result people who see a bear, or possibly a large deer are fooled into thinking, "I think there's a squtch in these woods."

Believing is seeing. The more people that get convinced via internet and TV shows, the more people who are new adopters of the Bigfoot confirmation bias. The more people out there in the world with the bigfoot confirmation bias, the more people who will eventually mistake something else for what their mind is already primed to see - in this case Bigfoot. We all know firsthand how fervently an eyewitness will stick to his or her guns when it comes to believing that what they say is what they thought they saw. So the reports increase, the interest increases, the websites increase and more people become believers. the cycle then restarts. and Boom. there you have it.

Spike TV has offered a $10 million prize to anyone who can provide irrefutable proof of the existence of Bigfoot, beyond that one time they saw him, and he was totally big and stuff, and they were so excited they forgot to get a picture. The network has already put in an order for 10 episodes of its new reality series 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty, where teams of scientists, zoologists, trackers, and "actual Bigfoot hunters" not currently employed on Animal Planet's Finding Bigfoot will compete in teams to see who can be the first—and only—people to bring back indisputable evidence of the Sasquatch.

http://www.avclub.co...-can-fin,87960/

Does Bigfoot hibernate during the winter ?

Bigfoot (if it's real), has to be a hominid and therefore does not have the physiological ability to hibernate.

I always thought that trends in cryptid sightings were because one person said they saw something and/or recorded something, so this causes others to come out with their sightings/recordings.

And all this talk about Bigfoot sex is unsettling to me.