Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woman with "Visions" Amazes Detective

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    rustygh

rustygh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• “For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
    ― Carl Sagan

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

View Postpallidin, on 13 July 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Good. I'm OK with that too, though for myself I do believe in the paranormal.

Thanks, and believe me I will eat the crow if you can prove any paranormal true. :)

I will "debunk", as there is a lot of crap out there, but I am not a 100% debunker, at all. And this case seems appealing and worthy of further investigation of her.

So true, i think it makes me more skeptic when I see all this garbage ghost hunters and total scam physic's

I know that news changes very quickly anymore, but I hope that some type of full follow-up is done on her "visions", either to established fraud, complicity or whatever, or, to establish that this might actually be one of those rare, truly unexplainable events.

I definitely hope for an update. I can foresee some story where this person interacted with someone who leaked the info (location)

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Its not this Pam Ragland is it? http://www.pamragland.com/

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#18    DonaldBarnebey

DonaldBarnebey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

The detective, John Powers, found it "extremely bizarre".  Really?  And really now, those that think that this psychic may be the killer:  Are you for real?  Everyone has the potential for such intuitive/psychic awareness.  Just because you're in denial of your own deeper abilities, please don't "shoot the messenger".  Get a life and stop scoffing at the grander universal truths.  Instead of "blaming or discounting her", you should be ashamed at your own inadequacy in this department.

#19    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,483 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Why do people want 100 % performance from them with insight ? No one can maintain that no matter who or what you do in life .   So she had a hit . Let her have her moment .

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#20    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

I don't get this. It says a volunteer found them, Not a detective or a physic.

http://www.dispatch....hers-death.html

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#21    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

http://www.nbclosang...-215168941.html

So,

The police did NOT confirm she did find the body.

Also, She didn't find the body.

Her story is she asked to checked the area and saw the fence, he kids went snooping and found the shallow grave.

So question my is this, did she really have a vision or went snooping? Her story didn't mention a detective either like the first article that started this thread.

Edited by Brian Topp, 15 July 2013 - 04:52 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#22    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 15 July 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

http://www.nbclosang...-215168941.html

So,

Her story is she asked to checked the area and saw the fence, he kids went snooping and found the shallow grave.

So question my is this, did she really have a vision or went snooping? Her story didn't mention a detective either like the first article that started this thread.

It looks like only one officer has made the claims as opposed to an 'official statement' claiming she helped. All of the interviews are her making the claims, not the police.

I really do not see this as anything more than another psychic trying to take credit for other peoples work. It would be amazing if she did discover the body after a vision, but I think if it was that black and white she would be on the Police pay roll by now.

View PostDonaldBarnebey, on 14 July 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Really?  And really now, those that think that this psychic may be the killer:  Are you for real?  Everyone has the potential for such intuitive/psychic awareness.  Just because you're in denial of your own deeper abilities, please don't "shoot the messenger".  Get a life and stop scoffing at the grander universal truths.  Instead of "blaming or discounting her", you should be ashamed at your own inadequacy in this department.

Ooooh touched a nerve? ;)

Welcome to UM Donald. :)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 15 July 2013 - 10:55 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#23    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 15 July 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

I guess she didn't do it.

#24    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

"Art is what you can get away with." Andy Warhol.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 13 July 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

That is how religionists believe in miracles. Ridiculous.

For your own education you would do well to read up on the miracle at Fatima, in Portugal, that occurred in the year 1917 and that was witnessed by approx. 70,000 people including atheists and sceptics. There certainly wasn't anything ridiculous about the fact that every person there who was sick or handicapped in any way was instantly cured and atheists were converted to the Catholic faith. Ridiculous? :no:

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#25    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,025 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostTechnocrat, on 23 September 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

For your own education you would do well to read up on the miracle at Fatima, in Portugal, that occurred in the year 1917 and that was witnessed by approx. 70,000 people including atheists and sceptics. There certainly wasn't anything ridiculous about the fact that every person there who was sick or handicapped in any way was instantly cured and atheists were converted to the Catholic faith. Ridiculous?
Citation needed.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#26    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

For your own education you would do well to read up on the miracle at Fatima, in Portugal, that occurred in the year 1917 and that was witnessed by approx. 70,000 people including atheists and sceptics. There certainly wasn't anything ridiculous about the fact that every person there who was sick or handicapped in any way was instantly cured and atheists were converted to the Catholic faith. Ridiculous? :no:

Hahaha, what? Yes, that is quite ridiculous, who makes these ridiculous claims? I'll tell you who, gullible catholics who ignore the existence of mass hysteria and prefer to think that the sun really did change colour and boogied around the sky without the entire rest of world noticing. Hah.

But let's think about it for a minute, what kind of a miracle is that anyway? In the real world, making the sun change colour or move closer/further away from the earth would result in the extinction of the entire planet's life. SNIP

Edited by Lilly, 02 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.
removed snide remark

Posted Image

#27    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

I checked this guys previous posts, he rarely responds to people and mostly ignores people asking him to back up his claims.

#28    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 26 September 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hahaha, what? Yes, that is quite ridiculous, who makes these ridiculous claims? I'll tell you who, gullible catholics who ignore the existence of mass hysteria and prefer to think that the sun really did change colour and boogied around the sky without the entire rest of world noticing. Hah.

But let's think about it for a minute, what kind of a miracle is that anyway? In the real world, making the sun change colour or move closer/further away from the earth would result in the extinction of the entire planet's life. Gee, thanks for that Maria.

"Hahaha, what? Yes, that is quite ridiculous, who makes these ridiculous claims?"
You think they are ridiculous claims do you? Do you not know that they are historical fact? Why don't you read up on them?

"I'll tell you who, gullible catholics who ignore the existence of mass hysteria and prefer to think that the sun really did change colour and boogied around the sky without the entire rest of world noticing. Hah."
Around 70,000 plus people witnessed the events including (gullible) journalists as well as (gullible) atheists and sceptics who turned up to mock the visionaries if the promised miracle didn't happen. The miraculous events were also witnessed up to 40Km from the site. The sign that the dancing sun was intended to be was seen at the designated site and surrounding area only and not over the entire world. If God had wanted it to be seen over the whole world He would have made that happen.

"But let's think about it for a minute, what kind of a miracle is that anyway? In the real world, making the sun change colour or move closer/further away from the earth would result in the extinction of the entire planet's life. Gee, thanks for that Maria."
You don't seem to have any concept of miracles. The fact that the 70,000 plus crowd witnessed the sun dancing about in the sky without destroying the world is evidence of God's almighty power.

Further to the above: The dancing of the sun was intended to be a sign to the faithful and to the church that the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary that the visionaries had previously received were real and that her wishes should be respected and granted.

Some extra information: There was very heavy and continuous rain all of the previous night right up to minutes before the designated time of the miracle and by that time the people were soaked to the skin and the ground had turned to mud. The miraculous events lasted for 10 minutes and when they ended not only were the people's clothes dry but the ground around them was completely dry as well. Scientists have stated that the amount of energy that would be required to cause that to happen would need to be in the order of an atomic bomb.

Finally, my name is James, not Maria! :no:

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#29    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 23 September 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Citation needed.

Why don't you just Google it? :yes:

View PostBrian Topp, on 26 September 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I checked this guys previous posts, he rarely responds to people and mostly ignores people asking him to back up his claims.

See my pm.

Posted Image

#30    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

The Fatima hoax

http://www.jesus-is-...y_of_fatima.htm

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users