Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Women Need AR-15 (Scary Looking Guns)

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

The better question is, which wasn't answered in the last thread featuring the OP in it, why do you need an assault rifle? Why does anyone outside of law enforcement and the military need an assault rifle?

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#62    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 14 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

The better question is, which wasn't answered in the last thread featuring the OP in it, why do you need an assault rifle? Why does anyone outside of law enforcement and the military need an assault rifle?

why do you need a 6000lb, pick up truck, outside farm and construction business? 20 pair of shoes, you only have 2 feet or 3000sq ft house, ppl live for years in 8x12 cell with a room mate???

it is rally irrelevant why I need something, there is no reason why I should not have ar15 if I want to. you don't decide what I need,

next thing you'll ask why do I need two guns? or 100 rounds of ammo, or 2 cans of gas in my garage.

Edited by aztek, 14 February 2013 - 12:30 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#63    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 14 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Hey Michael. Would you be surprised is i told you one of my friends who lives in New Zealand has an AK47, AR15 and a combat shotgun. All this in a place where owning a firearm isn't a right. Why don't you try and change your own countries laws instead of advocating for restricting the rights of Americans?

#64    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

it isn't about guns anymore, it is about SOMEONE decide what I need based on THEIR perception of needs.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#65    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

View Postaztek, on 14 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

. you don't decide what I need,

the government decides that all the time. What is for the good of the society we live in.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#66    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

View Postninjadude, on 14 February 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

the government decides that all the time. What is for the good of the society we live in.
Yea like slavery and Jim Crow, and "civil unions" whatever that is.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#67    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postninjadude, on 14 February 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

it does??? lol,  in your dreams, maybe

the more it decides, the worst off society is,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#68    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 14 February 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Hey Michael. Would you be surprised is i told you one of my friends who lives in New Zealand has an AK47, AR15 and a combat shotgun. All this in a place where owning a firearm isn't a right. Why don't you try and change your own countries laws instead of advocating for restricting the rights of Americans?

One of my relatives has an FAL and two M16's, although this may be down to his involvement in the military than a need for an large weapon.

And how exactly am I "restricting the rights of Americans"? As far as I am concerned, no one has given me a legitimate answer to the question I posed. And as for your ideas about "changing the laws in my own country", I am satisfied with the current regulations. It's certainly better than allowing people to buy or sell firearms like guitars.

why do you need a 6000lb, pick up truck, outside farm and construction business?

I don't. I have a small car which is economical because fuel is expensive and public transport is crap.

20 pair of shoes,

I have three pairs of shoes (two for everyday use and a pair for special occasions) and a pair of flip flops which act more like summer slippers than anything else.

it is rally irrelevant why I need something, there is no reason why I should not have ar15 if I want to. you don't decide what I need,

Of course I don't. That's what we have the government for.

next thing you'll ask why do I need two guns? or 100 rounds of ammo, or 2 cans of gas in my garage.

Indeed, why do you need multiple weapons, more ammunition than most African militaries and two cans of gas? You planning on blowing up something? You planning on going on a shooting spree to prove that loonies with multiple firearms are harmless?

#69    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostYamato, on 14 February 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Yea like slavery and Jim Crow, and "civil unions" whatever that is.

You against gay people, Yamato?

#70    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 14 February 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

You against gay people, Yamato?
No I think gay people should have the same rights I do.  The EXACT same rights I do.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#71    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 14 February 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

And how exactly am I "restricting the rights of Americans"?

you don't you can't, lol, but keep talking it is entertaining,

And as for your ideas about "changing the laws in my own country", I am satisfied with the current regulations. It's certainly better than allowing people to buy or sell firearms like guitars.

awesome, that you're satisfied with your laws, however  we are not talking about your laws,  lol but I guess it is better  than allowing people to buy or sell firearms like guitars, where ppl have this mentality,  (see the quote below) let it not change, lol would not trust much paranoid individuals, with pov like that; (again, see the quote below) to have guns, you'd shoot when you'd see someone putting hand in the inside pocket, thinking he is going for the gun, while he went for his valet,

Indeed, why do you need multiple weapons, more ammunition than most African militaries and two cans of gas? You planning on blowing up something? You planning on going on a shooting spree to prove that loonies with multiple firearms are harmless? .

we go to shooting ranges spend thousands of rounds to shoot paper, no one gets hurt, I know, it is hard to compreheand by some one with mentality like that; (see the quote below)

why do you need multiple weapons, more ammunition than most African militaries and two cans of gas? You planning on blowing up something? You planning on going on a shooting spree to prove that loonies with multiple firearms are harmless? .

I don't. I have a small car which is economical because fuel is expensive and public transport is crap.
I have three pairs of shoes (two for everyday use and a pair for special occasions) and a pair of flip flops which act more like summer slippers than anything else.

see, again you measuring the world by your personal standards, that is exactly my point.

neither I care, nor I asked what you personally drive, or how many shoes you personally have, you should work on better telling apart rhetorical questions from literal.

btw, your, and our, gvmnt should  ban small cars, I don't care how many stars its crash rating is, they are death traps,i've seen enough crashes to know it, I was involved in lethal crash myself, I was passenger in Lincoln mark 7 and we t-boned, Toyota corolla, she ran a light, guess which car had fatalities.

stay safe bro.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#72    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

why do you need a 6000lb, pick up truck, outside farm and construction business? 20 pair of shoes, you only have 2 feet or 3000sq ft house, ppl live for years in 8x12 cell with a room mate???

Your freedom to own an ar-15 infringes on my right to feel safe if you are not trained and have a very intense background check

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#73    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Your freedom to own an ar-15 infringes on my right to feel safe if you are not trained and have a very intense background check

lmao, anyone's safety take precedence, over your right to FEEL safe, even if such right existed, but it doesn't, lol.
a privilege to drive infringes on your life, and should scare you  a lot more than any gun, look at statistics , you are a lot more likely to be killed by a car, that by any gun, this is a fact. you can't deny it.

lol,  I personally  do have traning and intensive background check done, more intensive than you can ever imagine.
but don't mind me ,  you still have no point here
no amount of  traing or most intensive background checks, will prevent accidents, that is a fact too, there are plenty of them in police, and especially in the  army, you have no idea how many accidents trained professionals have. nothing you can do about it, that is also a fact, unless you are taking every gun away from everyone, but you are not suggesting that, are you?

also ppl with clean records and enough training, sometimes flip and go postal there would be no reason for you to take their guns away even by your proposed laws.
and you have absolutely no idea, who will snap and who wont, who is to say you personally wont flip and go postal in 3 months???? no one. (even if you don't have a gun, you have a car and can drive, raod rage, and vehicular homicide are not that uncommon,)

again you have to take every single gun away to be remotely confident (don't forget, illegal guns will always be there, and gangs will always have them, that is a fact too), but neither you realistically can do it, nor you campaign for that, or are you???

Edited by aztek, 14 February 2013 - 06:07 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#74    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

The liberal's so-called "assault" rifles were used in 0.6% of gun homicides in 2011.   If the 0.6% makes you feel unsafe and the 99.4% doesn't, you might wind up taking the liberal bait and worrying over AR-15 background checks.   Acknowledging that hand guns are used in nearly all gun crimes is difficult for a liberal to do because it's not as easy to infringe on our right to bear hand guns.   Bullying the spooky looking black plastic rifle is so much easier in lib social circles I'm sure.

#75    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostYamato, on 14 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

The liberal's so-called "assault" rifles were used in 0.6% of gun homicides in 2011.   If the 0.6% makes you feel unsafe and the 99.4% doesn't, you might wind up taking the liberal bait and worrying over AR-15 background checks.   Acknowledging that hand guns are used in nearly all gun crimes is difficult for a liberal to do because it's not as easy to infringe on our right to bear hand guns.   Bullying the spooky looking black plastic rifle is so much easier in lib social circles I'm sure.

Tell me how many ar-15 stoped home envasions if you think they are so needed or how many rapes were prevented due to an ar-15.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users