Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

500 detained in China over doomsday rumors

Saru

geez. Weirdos are all over the place even in China. If doomsday does not happen we should all sue the fear mongers for false advertising. I wish it was Friday already as I am sick of all this doom and gloom everywhere scaring the masses with stupid shows about the end of the world and all the propaganda about it. It is everywhere.

• Like 1

geez. Weirdos are all over the place even in China. If doomsday does not happen we should all sue the fear mongers for false advertising. I wish it was Friday already as I am sick of all this doom and gloom everywhere scaring the masses with stupid shows about the end of the world and all the propaganda about it. It is everywhere.

Sue them? not sure they will hang about to get caught once they have gathered up their "buy your doomsday safety helmet here" monies.

Shows how much the World has changed, you would never had heard about this a few years back.

Do you mean we wouldn't have heard about the Doomsday Cults or the government round-ups of dissidents?

Depending on how far back you mean, I know for sure that the cults have made headlines as far back as religion started. Seems like one cult or another has been in the news every year talking about "the end is nigh". Thankfully most have been harmless for the most part but not the likes of Jim Jones, that tennis shoes guy, and David Koresh just to name a few.

Governments around the world, throughout history have done round-ups of peoples they deemed "dissidents" WWI, Japanese Americans were rounded up and put in camps. Although that wasn't a religion example and the latter does not happen, to my knowledge, in free countries.

Christians have been looking for this stupid doomsday to happen just to prove their religion. How petty to get it wrong so many thousands of years so by chance when a calamity does happen, they can feel justified in their beliefs. Unbelievable...

It's all good! The earth will still be orbitting the sun & we will all wake up to the same old routine!

Edited by GirlfromOz