Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

LIst of crapulance

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:32 AM

I thought we should make a list of government programs in the US ( or outside the US , if you want ) That our taxdollar is paying for , yet obviously are not helping anyone or doing their job ... or in other words they are but drains on the economy that should have been terminated a long time ago .

Be sure to include a reason why it doesnt work , and what it is just in case someone doesnt know . The purpose of this being to see just how many programs are out their that dont mean anything .

DARE - the program made to keep kids off drugs . Its statistically proven that areas that have DARE in them end up having higher teen alcholhol / drug use then elsewhere ... Bet you can guess how good that programs working ...  

Posted Image

#2    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:46 AM

Government subsidies to tobacco farmers... blink.gif

Government helium storage.  blink.gif  blink.gif

There are so many to list...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#3    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:12 AM

100,000 to help scientists find out why we like fruit pastells (a candy/sweet)

Farmers subsidies

The Millenium Dome    whistling2.gif (a building shaped like an upside sown bowl that cost more than the Sydney Opera House, St. Pauls Cathedral and the Manchester Commonwealth Games, and nobody wanted it and nobody went, then they sold it for about 30p) crying.gif

And a taskforce  huh.gif for every pointless thing you've ever heard in your life.  

Posted Image

#4    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:42 AM

The Scottish parlimant building tongue.gif Which is now going to cost some...six or seven times what it was estimated to I believe tongue.gif I think it's well into the hundred millions by now, but I can't remember the exact figure tongue.gif

Talk about a waste of cash for a glorified regional council tongue.gif

edit: Hey...my little tongue.gif got themselves in formation grin2.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#5    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:50 AM

Way to many to get into, and I know I'm only half informed, so instead of saying something that will be corrected and have my fur singed for it...

I'll just ask, Why do you like fruit pastells?

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#6    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:54 AM

100K first!  There is probably a reason for the research like why are we all putting on weight in this country or something like that! But even so it's sounds a bit dodgy.
whistling2.gif  

Posted Image

#7    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:55 AM

I'll just ask, Why do you like fruit pastells?

Because they taste good huh.gif I must admit, I think that 'study' is just an excuse by some people to eat fruit pastels, and get paid for it tongue.gif

*thinks she'll start a study on "why we like holidays to Spain" and ask for 100'000 grant to find out tongue.gif*

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#8    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:18 AM

Seraphina , how many times have you blobbed your tongue out!

Put it away!  tongue.gif  ...Oops! I'm doing it now.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#9    geeohn

geeohn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• The truth is out there...I hope.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:10 AM

DARE a failure. wow i did not know this, perhaps the children who took part in the DARE program became interested in drugs afterwards. some children would ask odd questions in regards to drugs and other thing. such question would be "am i a drug user if i sniff whiteout?"

However, some children already knew about the drugs before DARE, so it depends on the area which the program is trying to reduce the drug use.

wacko.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  blink.gif  

#10    Amygdala

Amygdala

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:22 PM

In my country two things spring to mind;

giving illegal immigrants a pat on the back....

giving workshy (US equivalent = welfare) dole queuing proletariat scum handout after handout....

Bring back Maggie!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users