Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Johnny Carson Dies at 79

joc

LOS ANGELES - Johnny Carson, the "Tonight Show" host who served America a smooth nightcap of celebrity banter, droll comedy and heartland charm for 30 years, died Sunday. He was 79. NBC said Carson died of emphysema at his Malibu home.

"Mr. Carson passed away peacefully early Sunday morning," his nephew, Jeff Sotzing, told The Associated Press. "He was surrounded by his family, whose loss will be immeasurable."

Source

The last of the great Television Kings has gone. sad.gif I realize many of you don't even know who Johnny Carson was. For all you 'young-uns', he was the Jay Leno of his time. Actually, Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson when he retired. He will be greatly missed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TooFarGone

• Fluffybunny

• joc

• Subtemperate

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Johnny Carson; I thought he was the best. I doubt that anyone under 35 here is going to have the slightest clue of who he was though...

Im 14, and I know. Im just very wise beyondmy years tongue.gif

Its a real shame. The entertainment industry has suffered a great lose. He will be missed by all.

Im 26...and In australia where I do believe he wasn't shown... and I know who he is...

I agree, this is a sad day for the entertainment world.

Tis ver sad, I never saw one of his shows (only being 16 and all), but I've seen various clips here and there. Very funny guy.

sad.gif

Oh, how sad! I've been offline and out of touch with news for a couple of weeks and this is the first I've heard of this. When I was very small (before school-age) my parents used to let me stay up to listen to his monologue. He was, indeed, a very funny man. crying.gif

today we mourn the loss of Johnny Carson, perhaps the most influential late night host of all time. Anyhow, I remember watching him every once in awhile when I was young, some of it went way over my head, but I remember Ed McMahon's huge laugh and "You ah co-rect, suh!" And the crazy guessing turban thing.

Anyhow, rest in peace, Johnny. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, we will all suffer from this. He was great. Keep those laughs going in the big show in the sky.