Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diana's been erased from history?

Still Waters

Walking through Hyde Park the other day, I was stopped by a group of young Japanese tourists who asked where the Diana memorial was.

I told them they’d just passed it — the ‘fountain’ that looks like an industrial storm drain.

They were shocked at the lack of respect and that our ‘famous Princess’ should be honoured in such a way. Or rather, dishonoured.

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident. As the PR agent Mark Borkowski observed this week, the Firm has sidelined Diana as part of a slick rebranding exercise.

‘The emphasis is on the young Royals,’ he said. ‘Diana has been quietly airbrushed out.’

http://www.dailymail...ed-history.html

She was a lovely lady imo. It doesn't feel like 15 years has passed. I did notice there didn't seem to be much mentioned about her anniversary in the media yesterday. That said, probably the only reason I remember the date (31st August) is because it's also my late brother's birthday. I'm wondering how many people do remember Diana died on 31st August? unless like me you have a reason for bringing it to mind.

• Like 4

Walking through Hyde Park the other day, I was stopped by a group of young Japanese tourists who asked where the Diana memorial was.

I told them they’d just passed it — the ‘fountain’ that looks like an industrial storm drain.

They were shocked at the lack of respect and that our ‘famous Princess’ should be honoured in such a way. Or rather, dishonoured.

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident. As the PR agent Mark Borkowski observed this week, the Firm has sidelined Diana as part of a slick rebranding exercise.

‘The emphasis is on the young Royals,’ he said. ‘Diana has been quietly airbrushed out.’

She was a lovely lady imo. It doesn't feel like 15 years has passed. I did notice there didn't seem to be much mentioned about her anniversary in the media yesterday. That said, probably the only reason I remember the date (31st August) is because it's also my late brother's birthday. I'm wondering how many people do remember Diana died on 31st August? unless like me you have a reason for bringing it to mind.

I'm not surprised she was snubbed out (or shall I say died in a car crash!)

Comparing a picture of James Hewitt (one of Dianas affairs) to a photo of Prince Harry is even more suspicious than comparing a picture of Peter Schemical to Rooneys son and thats say something lol

She had it coming to her and she doesnt deserve the poor monument she has now.

• Like 1

And, indeed, so should we be. Diana died 15 years ago yesterday, and has since been all but written out of the script. And it has not been by accident.

She'll be back in the history books, when William wears The Crown.

:)

• Like 9

Diana had it coming to her? What planet are you from dude?

I'm amazed how little there has been about Diana. Yes, I agree, there appears to be an attempt to airbrush her out of history. I think Charlie boy would be so happy to have Camilla as Wills and Harry's Mummy and they could all be one big happy family.

Diana was the best thing that happened to that family and she will not be forgotten, for all the Windsors' attempts.

• Like 9

She'll be back in the history books, when William wears The Crown.

:)

Yeah, I think you're right. Kate is wearing that engagement ring for a reason.

• Like 6

She is still lovely. I adore her.

These Japanse tourists should have instead visited Althorp estate to view the Princess Diana exhibit. Plenty of her dresses and other items on display. Although the exhibit has closed for the year there and is coming back to continue touring America. I want to visit one day. It will be sacred.

I'm not surprised she was snubbed out (or shall I say died in a car crash!)

Comparing a picture of James Hewitt (one of Dianas affairs) to a photo of Prince Harry is even more suspicious than comparing a picture of Peter Schemical to Rooneys son and thats say something lol

She had it coming to her and she doesnt deserve the poor monument she has now.

Where is the dislike button?

• Like 5

Diana was the best thing that happened to that family and she will not be forgotten, for all the Windsors' attempts.

Yeah, and how many affairs did she have?

Here is James Hewitt - http://www.telegraph...fghanistan.html

Who's the daddy? Sure looks like Hewitt to me and I've watched enough Maury Show to now when something isnt right regardless of the official story. Cheating on the future King of England, getting pregnant off her lover and then finding a Eygptian boyfriend. If it was in the Middle Ages it would be off with her head never mind a nice concrete pillar in a French tunnel.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

I think she was lovely as well. It makes me sad to think of her being figuratively brushed under the rug :( She died when I was rather young. I came to know who she was through my grandmother, who had always been fascinated with royal families and their history. When I'd watch her on tv as a little girl, I thought she was the most graceful lady I had ever seen.

• Like 4

I think she was lovely as well. It makes me sad to think of her being figuratively brushed under the rug :( She died when I was rather young. I came to know who she was through my grandmother, who had always been fascinated with royal families and their history. When I'd watch her on tv as a little girl, I thought she was the most graceful lady I had ever seen.

She was a narcissist that craved attention.

Charles didnt give it to her so she went through affair after affair until she met her end. I highly suspect Harry isnt the son of Charles and following her Eygptian boyfriend no more could be tolerated.

I don't agree with Right Wing's views.... But I gotta say, it's pretty obvious who harry's real father is if you really look at the photo's. He even knows, it's probably why he rebels so much.

She was a narcissist that craved attention.

Charles didnt give it to her so she went through affair after affair until she met her end. I highly suspect Harry isnt the son of Charles and following her Eygptian boyfriend no more could be tolerated.

rofl and the royal men through time has behaved soooooooooooo much better! *rolls eyes*

• Like 5

Who's the daddy? Sure looks like Hewitt to me and I've watched enough Maury Show to now when something isnt right regardless of the official story. Cheating on the future King of England, getting pregnant off her lover and then finding a Eygptian boyfriend. If it was in the Middle Ages it would be off with her head never mind a nice concrete pillar in a French tunnel.

first of all, i wouldn't be bragging about watching maury and then expect to be taken seriously if i were you...but hey that's just me...

anyway,

i looked at that pic of hewitt and then a pic of harry. first of all the eyes are completely different, the mouth also is different. the only similarity i see is in the head shape and hair color.

then i look at a pic of prince charles oh yes there are those nasty close set eyes. the mouth and nose definitely diana.

so you see your jealous rant is not so clever, mr 'right out in left field for a right winger'.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

Let's not forget that Charles was having an affair with Camilla before he was married(when she was still married), and that affair never stopped right through Charles' marriage to Diana!

• Like 5

I don't agree with Right Wing's views.... But I gotta say, it's pretty obvious who harry's real father is if you really look at the photo's. He even knows, it's probably why he rebels so much.

I seem to recall someone saying that Harry looks like a young Prince Philip...

• Like 1

I seem to recall someone saying that Harry looks like a young Prince Philip...

i have looked at pictures from both sides of the family, and i think harry resembles both sides quite nicely. I see Charles and Phillip in him, as well as his mother! when he starts balding, he will look even more like Charles and Phillip.

Let us hope he keeps his hair longer, though I do notice it is beginnign to thin out. Will and Harry will be thin on top.

I haven't forgotten . I adored her. I miss her.Just reading about what was going on with her .

They hated that she wielded so much influence .

She can be airbrushed out,her legacy will always remain .

• Like 2

Harry looks just like his dad,prince Charles .And she had affairs because she was used like a lamb to slaughter as a figure head,whom they wanted to just stand there and be their toy,while Charles carries on with the Rottweiler ,as Diana called her .

Please .....she was supposed to just be a figurehead,and spit out kids,because he could not be with Camilla

His family forced him Into it,and she had no idea what a sham it all was,until she was treated like garbage,for having a thiught of her own .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I am an ignorant American when it comes to British Royals so I have to ask. Why, oh why, did he choose Camilla over Diana????

And I agree, if we ignored all world leaders who've had affairs our history books would be quite sparse, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I am an ignorant American when it comes to British Royals so I have to ask. Why, oh why, did he choose Camilla over Diana????

Because he genuinely loved Camilla?

The marriage to Diana was probably done for reasons of "jiving up the Royal Image".

Camilla was already married (and had kids) when Charles took up with her....not a suitable choice to bear royal heirs. Diana was 19 years old and quite ignorant of what was going down. Basically, Diana was selected as little more than a brood mare. The marriage was a 'set up' from the get go....poor Diana didn't stand a chance. Little wonder she developed mental health issues. The fact that Diana was eventually able to adapt to the harsh reality and stand up for herself is to her credit.

• Like 7

Actually, I believe Charles and Camilla were old flames before either of them were married, although Camilla may have been divorced at the time? Fact is, Charles wanted to marry her in the first instance but she was considered an innappropriate choice by the firm. It was well known where Charles' heart was by everyone except poor young naive Diana - she was sold a lemon, imagining her Prince was in love with her when he was just going through the motions. Could anything be more ugly to a young romantic minded woman?

Being made a public figure and losing all privacy for the sake of a fraud perpetrated on her? I don't blame her for any bitterness she may have held or for her seeking a genuine intimacy elsewhere, we all deserve to experience real love, she basically had that ripped out from under her as if it was of no consequence.

She will never be forgotten, she showed the world the strengths and weaknesses within a soul subjected to such a life and wore her scars with style and grace in the end.

• Like 5