Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buddhist Monk Levitation

Xnibiru

Dynamos variation of the Bus levitation, tho same principle and clever editing so you dont see the trick

[media=]

[/media]

Budhist Monks? pft. Get real! Its just trickery :tu:

No videos, for whatever reason. Raise a person off his/her ass? Incentive. Raise a person off his/her economic standing? Capitalism/charlatanism. Raise someone from the dead. . .?

• Like 1

Ok last couple of vids from me

NEW levitation

I'll teach you how to levitate :clap::w00t:

• Like 1

I dunno if he can or he can't, although I doubt it, but it matters not. Buddhism is not about flying abot.

• Like 2

I dunno if he can or he can't, although I doubt it, but it matters not. Buddhism is not about flying abot.

I believe some masters probably can do it just like other things. A few have even demonstrated to researchers at various times... control of body manipulation and function beyond human norm. I highly doubt any you tube or public type magicians since the real masters wouldn't show off to public without a very good unselfish reason.

Edited by White Unicorn

well, just lost one convert then

You, sir, have the sort of keen and discerning mein that tells me you recognize quality, value and economy as well as the mysterious. For such a person as yourself, I have a unrepeatable offer: I can sell you at an amazingly low price that well-known edifice but a few rods from my own home, the Brooklyn Bridge. Yes, the amount of fund necessary to fund this transaction is almost embarassingly low, but, as they say, needs must when the devil drives. Please PM for me additional information so we can make this happen!

--Jaylemurph

Dear Sir,

While the offer was not directed at my humble self, I would very much like to make an offer and trade with a tower in central Paris.

Yours truly,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

What? Doesn't Buddhism teach one should let go of worldly things?

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

And...you who those who believed..... :td:

Edited by The_Spartan
  • Like 1

Sometimes I'm pedantic, so please be patient with this. The law of gravity is part of the world as it exists, and while its fine to use technology to fly about, self-levitation is more of a Hindu than a Buddhist tradition. Buddhism insists on realizing that the world is what it is.

• Like 1

Maybe you don't know there are many monks in ShaoLin temple or Dao cultivators in China with strange abilities.

Yeah I do...I've lived in China 11 years. Strange cultures? Yes. Ability to sell trinkets and buy laptops? Yes. Supernatural powers? No.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

And...you who those who believed..... :td:

Oh, man. Don't treat him like that. Not this case at all because the monk doesnot have any cane.

Oh, man. Don't treat him like that. Not this case at all because the monk doesnot have any cane.

Nor did any of the ever vids I post use a cane, I take it you watched them?

:tu: and to enhance this point

Indian levitation exposed

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSivpBHUmE[/media]

Showed this to my 5 year old. She was quick to want to watch the other videos and try to figure out how they were faking it.

She watched the "New Levitation" video and was like, "He's using some kind of invisible chair." I suggested something coming over the wall behind him, but she thought it was more likely he's sitting on some kind of swing. A transparent swing apparently. She absolutely does NOT believe that fellow was floating however.

• Like 2

I've never seen any such performance in Vietnam. Maybe the authorities would step in and stop it, I don't know, but is certainly not a part of the Buddhism of my experience, nor would any such performance have any effect on me, although my view is that is it probably a trick of some sort. As I said before, I tend to associate such things with Hinduism rather than Buddhism.

One clarification -- a mendicant monk makes his or her living begging for food and is generally provided a bed by the monastery. In some countries begging, even for food, is illegal, hence the trinket business and so on,

Sure I mean. Anything is possible. I'd have to see guy work his magic in person though before coming to a conclusion.

This coming from a guy who claims to being molested by spirits. Not a very auspicious start to your forum career.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want the indian psychic investigator guy to have his own tv series, he looks awesome

he did a series, cant remember the name now, maybe 'investigating the yogi's' but heres a load more of his debunking vids. Feel free to post any good ones for us

https://www.youtube....asava Premanand

heres a wiki

Basava Premanand (17 February 1930 – 4 October 2009) was a skeptic and rationalist from Kerala, India. He has organised many tours around rural India for the promotion of scientific thinking including exposing alleged 'miracles' and scams done by various gurus and also spread awareness against superstition. He was the founder of Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations, the convener of Indian CSICOP and the owner-publisher-editor of the monthly magazine, The Indian Skeptic, which scientifically investigates paranormal occurrences in India. He was known for being one of the most vocal critics against Satya Sai Baba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basava_Premanand

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I suspect Vietnam is probably as superstitious a country as any, but you don't see people making quite as much money off it, since such stuff is underground. My experience with "readers" and "spiritual advisers" is that they have no connection with real religion even though the claim religious freedom, and that they mainly depend on flattery.

OK the series was called 'Guru Busters'

and heres a list of vids in that series

https://www.youtube.com/results?filters=short&search_query=guru+busters&lclk=short

And heres another levitation (poor)

OP:

the camera cuts to the host several times, during those times, something is slid under the monk.

when the levitation begins, no profile shots of the monk are seen. they keep face on to him the entire time so that the plate he's setting on and the arm lifting him from behind aren't seen.

the host, cameramen, and producers are in on it, to increase viewers.

• Like 1