Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What might alien life look like ?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I wonder if the Aliens have left this planet due to the lack of 64 oz. drinks in N.Y now ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#62    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Aliens? There is no way to know for certain, they could look like anything and everything, they may not even be organic but have robotic bodies due to their advanced tech. Personally I feel like they would be horrible looking by human standards whatever they look like

#63    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Probably Like Nothing We'll Ever Be Able To Even Imagine ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#64    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I dont know I have a purty futile imagination ! :alien:
Imagine this and it knows how to fly at the Speed of light,and pull the trigger,and Cook Humans!

Attached Files

#65    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Similar to this.

Posted Image

Not the same as the so-called "Grays".

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 16 September 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#66    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

There are photographs similar to those somewhere--black and white photographs--but also drawings and diagrams.  They were small humanoids.

#67    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

To even think that an extraterrestrial species would be humanoid is to enormously underestimate nature's potential for creating body layouts. Even looking at earth will show that a bipedal configuration isn't even close to the most common or most efficient form. By sheer numbers, the primary species on earth all have six legs and an exoskeleton. Our body form is relatively well adapted to the conditions on our planet, but who's to say an alien planet is going to have comparable conditions to earth? There are so many different possibilities for life-supporting planets, the different biological forms we could see are practically infinite. Just some of the conditions influencing what a creature looks like are:
  • Gravity (low gravity would mean taller and thinner)
  • temperature (something adapted for a planet in a perpetual ice age will look significantly different from one adapted for a desert)
  • food supplies
  • surface conditions (water world, tundra, arid, or none at all)

#68    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostRavinoff, on 16 September 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

To even think that an extraterrestrial species would be humanoid is to enormously underestimate nature's potential for creating body layouts. Even looking at earth will show that a bipedal configuration isn't even close to the most common or most efficient form. By sheer numbers, the primary species on earth all have six legs and an exoskeleton. Our body form is relatively well adapted to the conditions on our planet, but who's to say an alien planet is going to have comparable conditions to earth? There are so many different possibilities for life-supporting planets, the different biological forms we could see are practically infinite. Just some of the conditions influencing what a creature looks like are:
  • Gravity (low gravity would mean taller and thinner)
  • temperature (something adapted for a planet in a perpetual ice age will look significantly different from one adapted for a desert)
  • food supplies
  • surface conditions (water world, tundra, arid, or none at all)

I never meant to imply that all ETs were humanoid, and I would be surprised if there wasn't a great deal of variety out there.  Dr. Robert Sarbacher said the ones were came across were more like clones and androids, specially designed for certain tasks in space and so on.

I only saw pictures of ones that looked like three of the small humanoids, and that's all I know.

There are even people who say that their craft are organic, biological and intelligent, or something along those lines, but I don't know that for certain, only what I saw.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 16 September 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#69    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

I always thought that aliens would probably look fuzzy & out of phocus.  :alien:

#70    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 16 September 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

I always thought that aliens would probably look fuzzy & out of phocus.  :alien:
Too funny ! CC like all the videos we have right ! Cant wait until we get a real one !

#71    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

I hope they all look like elves..

#72    Pinguin

Pinguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

This is very interesting. I would have never thought of giant jellyfish floating around through the skies of some planet. I wonder how big they would be, since there would a plenty of "food" around them.

#73    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,525 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

I think MacGuffin has the closest possibility according to what we know about evolution if the life is supposed to be intelligent. If any life then microbes are the most hardy and probably are the most abundant. Water Bears have survived open space itself.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#74    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

I highly recommend this movie to fire up your imagination about the possibilities of lifeforms elsewhere in our Universe.
It's a very creative mix of science and science fiction.

Search Youtube for:
Alien Planet "Full Documentary"

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#75    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,525 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 16 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

I highly recommend this movie to fire up your imagination about the possibilities of lifeforms elsewhere in our Universe.
It's a very creative mix of science and science fiction.

Search Youtube for:
Alien Planet "Full Documentary"

Got it :tu:

If I may further your recommendation, From Wikipedia:

The show uses computer-generated imagery, which is interspersed with interviews from such notables as Stephen Hawking, George Lucas, Michio Kaku and Jack Horner. The show was filmed in Iceland and Mono Lake in California.

Meaning the long and technical explanations are brought down to a very understandable level with great graphics to boot. And I thought the graphics were quite clever.

But it mostly is a variation of life on earth. Quadrupeds, bipeds and flying creatures with wings. Some very massive creatures, as we did have in our past, and the intelligent life from is basically anthropomorphic, they have just replaced the legs with a gas bag, which restricts leverage.

But all in all, a great watch. I also recommend it.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 16 November 2012 - 05:21 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users