Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Siberia:Divers find mystery jaws and skeleton

Still Waters

Unknown remains of a large creature have been found in Lake Labynkyr, say the first divers to ever reach its floor

A dozen divers braved legends of monsters and the coldest winter temperatures in a venture that is likely to go into the Guinness World Book of Records.

Using an underwater scanner they discovered a jaw and skeletal remains that might be the notorious 'Devil' that was first reported by locals in the 19th century, it was claimed on 1 February.

http://siberiantimes...ious-loch-ness/

• Like 2

Definitely interesting, but it's not the first time we've heard things from Russia that end up going silent.

Anyone remember that UFO that they found, the one that sounded like a silo roof? lol

• Like 5

story is worthless without photographs

• Like 3

Hmmm... interesting article. Curious how the lake does not freeze as much as it supposedly should.

Were the divers unable to retrieve at least part of the skeletal remains because of depth?

I guess if the skeletal remains are in that deep underwater fissue, an aqua-lung might not be sufficient to protect the divers?

Oh well, who knows. Like Coffey said, we may never hear about this again.

• Like 1

story is worthless without photographs

Yes, but look at the bright side. We now know there's an online newspaper called "The Siberian Times". Can't wait for tomorrow's edition.

• Like 5

Just google the divers name, or this guy Viktor Tverdokhlebov

Bogus story.....

• Like 1

Just google the divers name, or this guy Viktor Tverdokhlebov

Bogus story.....

Let me guess these are the same people that are going to publish the Ketchum paper?

• Like 4

I thought it might be when they didn't have a picture or bring up anything for anyone to look at, seems Russia has it's own version of charlatanism.

• Like 1

Yeah, how do you say "pics or ****" in Russian?

Unfortunately so true. Russia is world central of scam now.

• Like 1

I thought it might be when they didn't have a picture or bring up anything for anyone to look at, seems Russia has it's own version of charlatanism.

IDK. But sure those Siberian yetis' stories don't help them either.

• Like 1

True, but give them credit, they did find some mammoths frozen in the tundra.........they almost killed a helicopter crew recovering it, but they did get it.

• Like 2

Unfortunately so true. Russia is world central of scam now.

God yes, the scariest thing in the world is when I'm surfing the web and some damned old Russian website pops up. They almost all have viruses or extortion software on them.

• Like 1

Yeah, but they still have a lot of nut jobs running around.

What no photos no fool. I think therre is something fishy in Russia .

Never forget, that with the amount of truth that is out there, there is just as much BS floating around as well.

It might be real or it might be a fake.

I guess we are going to have to wait and see :)

No photos = fail .

And after the virgin princess Egyptian necklace debacle ,I'm dubious as to wether or not these Russian scientists know their **** from their elbow .

Maybe it is a large sturgeon?

1000_lb_sturgeon.jpg

If I saw one of those in a lake without knowing what it was, it would sure scare the heck out of me.

• Like 1

Where's the proof? They said they "found" the jaw, well where is it? Did they bring it up, sample it and photo it? What a load of crap.

I think so, a giant toothy sturgeon to be more exact. I mentioned it in a previous thread about the Lake Labynskyr.