Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

How can you be a real life Wizard ? (wise one

wizard magick occult philosophy wisdom

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,781 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 07 June 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Greetings! What I mean by dark ones
are people or groups who contact evil demons , entities etc
and conspire against their fellow man.

Oh you mean fools and idiots, I got one who lives across the street. He does some kind of Cuban Voodoo, I don't remember what he calls it. His kid came to me for help. I told the kid he gets to pick his nursing home. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when that kid grows up.

Are those the same ones beings you have seen?
As far as I know the evil beings just hate humans
and probably even the ones who serve them.

No, when you do Shaman journeys you encounter beings on the other side (dimension), who are for one reason or another don't like us or want to use you. When I do that I have a protector spirit who goes with me. I have learned to be careful of where I go and what I deal with. One time there was some beings binding someone. They ask for my help, I don't know what they were doing, so I just said no and stopped the meditation. They scared me so bad I didn't do it again until I had help from someone more experienced.

What is Jung??? I want to read it.
Carl Jung he was a psychologist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

You are right..you cast out evil it comes back.
That's why I try to only thing..., sing,, write postive... as much as I can.
And manifest good things in my life.
Try to spread knowledge help others etc.

I do energy work it not evil or good. Energy is everywhere at once so if you are sending out something to cause harm what you are sending out you get back. If you are sending something positive like healing you get it back. It can get sticky you might think you are doing good only to find you have altered someones path in away that doesn't help but hurts them.  Ask first, then ask for what is best for that person or you to happen. When my mother was dieing I didn't ask my friends to heal her because it would prolong her suffering. They ask for her passing to be easy. If someone pushes me enough, I won't care what comes back on me and will put out a hurt and just take the hit.  I am I being evil, it is subjective.

I just learn more as I go. I'm still learning everyday, but
one thing the guy in the video said..
if you seek to have power in this life.. when no one else has powers.
that you become very unhappy?
what do you think of that statement?

Maybe, I do magic as a hobby. Power is an ego trap, it can get you in trouble.
"Let the earth bound man be handsome and powerful and rich, and so apt to this world that he may rule the entire human race still there is no envying him, the fool of such lures." Plotinus

That's interesting... you say it could be we see ourselves.
That's one thing I read about. We all have a shadow self.. some hide it,
some embrace. And me I just use it for my art and poetry.
Of course when people let anger and hate take over the shadow does evil things..
that's where we get all the killers, black magickans, child molesters from.
They are very negative.. people with anger, hate...
their shadow self consumed them i believe.

Life isn't that black and white.  Your shadow self is what makes you strong to stand in the face of adversity. Human beings are complex creatures. Any number of things can cause people to do harmful, hateful things. Sometime it just comes down to a wonky brain.  My Druid teacher told me when you open the door you best be able to get what comes through back in. Never leave the door open you don't know what might come through.

I think it is cool you use poetry, song and art, that is a good start. In Druid circles you would be called a Bard.
This guy is my favorite Bard.  My protector spirit is a Selkie.

Edited by Darkwind, 07 June 2013 - 10:16 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#17    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 07 June 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Greetings! What I mean by dark ones
are people or groups who contact evil demons , entities etc
and conspire against their fellow man.

To be clear, one who contacts "evil demons" is not necessarily evil and conspiring against anyone else. Some people believe in balance between good and evil, light and dark etc. What I am talking about is that the use of dark energy in itself is not necessarily an evil thing. What makes the dark energy an evil thing is when it is used in an evil way. I can tell you right now that there are some who do use dark energies to do good things, and others who don't. The bottom line is, it is all about the "wizard" behind the energy, not the energy itself.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#18    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Everyone will define good and evil, dark and light differently, but that is just dualism and dualism is an illusion in my view. We are both and can use both types of energies while doing magic or not. Neutral energy is exists too. Balance is key but that does not mean they are measured the same on the scales or have a consistent weight. Consider me gray.

Edited by The world needs you, 08 June 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#19    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Magic is intent, in order to work magic consistently one must live a mindful and intentional life. Learn all of the ancient lore that is available. Study the herbs and plants. Understand the workings of nature and her creatures. Endeavor to learn from many paths, from them take the laws and practices that speak to your soul.

And when you have done all of this, then you can start practicing to be a wizard. Why do you think they are all shown as greybeards?

#20    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,609 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

Learning from many paths is advisable and incorporating what most speaks to you.

Nature is awesome. Magic can also use urban energies and take urban forms. While being drawn to both there is no doubt I belong in the city.

I prefer simple backyard magic or in my room. Of course walking or cycling through park trails or down the block can be an opportunity to experience flow. Trees and bodies of water are also special in a different way than crossroads or buildings are to me.

Instead of taking anyone's word of what magic is and cannot be just find what works for you.

Edited by The world needs you, 08 June 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#21    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 08 June 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Everyone will define good and evil, dark and light differently, but that is just dualism and dualism is an illusion. We are both and always use both types of energies while doing magic or not. Balance is key but that does not mean they are measured the same on the scales or have a consistent weight. Consider me gray.

I disagree, in my opinion we are neither light nor dark energy,  we are raw energy. We do use both light and dark energies in many things we do, but I also disagree with saying that we always use both types.

Raw energy is not something of the light or the dark, it is just something that is itself. We as humans seems to be this raw energy, we can be influenced by other types... but we are our own form of energy by nature. When you shake your legs out of comfort, this is your using of raw energy  to comfort yourself. This is not an inherently light or dark energy being used. This form of energy is highly volatile, and even small amounts of light or dark energies can heavily influence raw energy. Take that leg shaking thing for example... Now the person sitting next to you is annoying you so you decide to shake your legs harder to annoy them back... Next thing you know you would be shaking your legs as to physically contact them... and that mother****er better not say anything 'cause i'll tell him off!

In the end it truly is about one's perception, what energies he uses, and what his intentions are.

Some people even believe there is no greater evil than a human determined to harm others... ;)

Edited by xFelix, 08 June 2013 - 04:07 AM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

#22    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,609 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

Agreed and edited before you posted to remove the "always" reference and include neutral energy.

Also agreeing with in the end it is about our perceptions and intentions as well.

As an aside paths like Wicca which claim to be all light and doing no wrong seem very meh to me.

#23    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,716 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 08 June 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

As an aside, paths like Wicca which claim to be all light and doing no wrong seem very meh to me.

Not all wiccans make such a claim..mostly just the fluffy-bunnies that spout that sort of trash.
Wiccans, as I recall, seem to hold the idea that energy is to be used and channeled. It is the intent that makes it 'good' or 'bad'.

#24    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,609 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostRyu, on 08 June 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Not all wiccans make such a claim..mostly just the fluffy-bunnies that spout that sort of trash.
Wiccans, as I recall, seem to hold the idea that energy is to be used and channeled. It is the intent that makes it 'good' or 'bad'.

So not all Wiccans follow the Wiccan Rede?

#25    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 08 June 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Nope.

Much the same as not all x following their own beliefs...

Fill in x with any other faith, group, race, or culture and remarkably the statement stays true... This is because there are always bad apples, people who interpret beliefs, people who seek to cause drama, people who want to be different.. all sorts of reasoning behind this...

#26    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,781 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Here is the thing about Earth Base religions and there are a lot of them and they are all different,  They are not for the most part revealed religions were you have guru or a sacred book, Wicca is the about the only one with a source, Gardner. But even that can be iffy depending on the coven.  They are experience religions.  Each person must explore and experience the path in their own way.  Now one would think it is utter chaos, but it is not. You would be surprised most of us come to the same conclusions and have similar experiences.  I circle with Wiccans, Druids, Buddhist, new age and a couple others I can't think of. It works because we all seek a similar goal, honor the Earth and the higher self. We all go about it a little different but we share our experiences and learn from them.  Another thing is there isn't a lot of us out there and if you don't play nice you will find yourself in the woods alone. That works for a lot of people, but it is kind of like trying to play baseball by yourself. In Earth Base religion there is only one sacred book that is the Earth.  Without the Earth we will die. Space is a harsh mistress.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#27    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,716 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 08 June 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

The so-called 'rede' simply states 'do as thou wilt' and yadda-yadda-yadda.
Nothing in there about spouting rainbows from your.....ears. None of this 'happy love and light' stuff.
So long as there is no intentions to do actual damage then do as you see fit.

#28    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,722 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

I am starting to understand witch and wizardry... it really is at our core. I dont know if some are more apt to do it than others for heritary reason or whatever reason but I assume it is for everyone. Its unfortunate christianity has demonized it, although I can see how it can be misued and even perhaps dangerous if you are not balanced but truthfully I would assume people are doing witchcraft everyday, as well as receiving the blessings and backlash associated with it without even knowing it, it is better to be informed and cognicent of your intentions..

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#29    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,781 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I think Doreen Valiente came up with the Wiccan Rede.  Except for the yadda-yadda-yadda.   lol  

It goes like this,  Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill, An it harm none do what ye will.  http://en.wikipedia....iki/Wiccan_Rede

I am not a Wiccan but I have always kind of liked it. Simple and to the point. Harm none part can get pretty sticky. It means you have to stop and think about what you are doing and who it will affect.  When the Christians said there were going to protest our festival the first thing I said to people who were going was bring extra water for them. Don't want anybody dieing in the heat because of what we are doing right or wrong. Blessed Be that looks like it is going to be adverted, the LLL step in and educated some people. After all our money says in, God We Trust, too. All Hail the Lord of Money.

#30    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

I think in the bible it just condems black magic, or curses bindings right?
I never see where it says you can't use supernatural power to heal..
or be positive in unity with nature...

Even Jesus used magic right? Of course they say he got his powers from God etc.
But he did healing.

In the bible is always just talks bad about Sorcery... etc.
But i never saw it say white magic was bad.

Also tagged with wizard, magick, occult, philosophy, wisdom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users