Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Assassination attempt on Live-TV

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,686 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Heartstopping moment would-be assassin aims gun at Bulgarian opposition leader's head and pulls the trigger

A Bulgarian politician today survived an extraordinary assassination attempt when a man stormed the stage and held a gun to his head as he was giving a speech.
Fortunately for Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, the weapon misfired giving him time to react and hit the would-be assassin's hand out of the way.
Before he could attempt a second shot the unidentified suspect was tackled to the ground by security guards and delegates attending the conference in Sofia.

Television footage showed the man jumping out of the audience and interrupting a speech by 58-year-old Dogan, who has led the party for almost a quarter of a century.
In a split second, he raises the gun to Mr Dogan's head but it appeared to misfire.
The politician then knocked the gun away and fell to the floor as he attempted to flee.
Security guards and delegates rushed onto the stage where they wrestled the attacker to the ground.

http://www.dailymail...ch-live-TV.html

Posted Image

The guy was in for a real ass-whooping. Viewer discretion is advised.

Edited by EllJay, 19 January 2013 - 09:36 PM.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,904 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Saw this on the news, reckon the politician will be requesting tighter security in future!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,900 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hey OP.... when ever a post is edited that contains a youtube video the video will disappear.... it's a glitch.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#4    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Quick reactions by the politician. Reminds me of John Prescott

:D

#5    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,686 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postacidhead, on 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hey OP.... when ever a post is edited that contains a youtube video the video will disappear.... it's a glitch.

Yeah I noticed, so I had to edit it again. It should be there now.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#6    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,900 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Savages..... a of them... complete animals.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#7    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

That totally looks staged. There's no way grandpa could take out some guy like that, who's twice his size, especially with a gun. Publicity stunt methinks.

#8    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

If you had read, Wolverine, you would have found that the gun misfired. The guy would no doubt have taken the wee politician 1v1, but he was too focused on trying to shoot his face when the man was resisting.

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostEllJay, on 19 January 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

The guy was in for a real ass-whooping. Viewer discretion is advised.

Holy crap on a cracker They didn't half kick the living crap out of him.. If this comes out in court, heads will roll .. I know he did wrong attempting to shoot but what they did once it failed may not make it any better for their case..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 20 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Holy crap on a cracker They didn't half kick the living crap out of him.. If this comes out in court, heads will roll ..   I know he did wrong attempting to shoot but what they did once it failed may not make it any better for their case..

I would agree if it hadn't taken place in Bulgaria.

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,007 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Yup...that's a beat down if I ever saw one.  And he's probably in for more of the same in custody - he made a poor career choice.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 20 January 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

I would agree if it hadn't taken place in Bulgaria.

You're probably right...Man it was one heck of a kicking ..!!

#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 19 January 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Quick reactions by the politician. Reminds me of John Prescott

:D

For some reason I found that video funny  lol

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Holy crap on a cracker They didn't half kick the living crap out of him.. If this comes out in court, heads will roll .. I know he did wrong attempting to shoot but what they did once it failed may not make it any better for their case..
They'll all plead temporary insanity and provocation. I think both those were there too.  They were all almost witness to the murder of a man they loved.  They were all in shock and rage that someone got that close and nearly succeeded in an assassination.  The culprit is lucky, if he had succeeded they would have shot him on the spot too.  Of course, you don't go do that if you are not prepared to die so getting beat up would probably be a poor second in his mind anyway.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,065 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Only the lady who does Mr.Dogan's laundry knows just how scared he was! Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users