Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] UFO picture taken in Seattle

OverSword

its people who make pictures and fake videos of these that really p*** me off, why do it when you know its gonna be debunked and find out that you lie to everyone this pic does look like the real deal but thanks to romierome44 he showed how easy it is to do it, its sad and frustrating because were trying to find what we can and these d********s are out there ******* everything ffs get a life

its people who make pictures and fake videos of these that really p...

{expletives and angry text snipped}

Why would it upset you so much? It's a free world, and if anything, the new ease of fakery has hopefully taught at least *some* people that any given incident should not be judged on just one aspect, eg the image/s. In every case we need to look at the total package - the images, the story, the provenance, the corroboration, the source... The increase in fakery has helped make that obvious.. And frankly, whining about it is even worse than raging at the tide - you can yell all you want, but if anything your complaints will just egg people on..

In a case like this (which doesn't appear to involve fakery anyway!!), I just shake my head in amazement that someone could look at that image and think UFO before doing the very obvious and simple check of the surrounds. Gee, what else could possibly be in the sky from that vantage point.. Is that rocket science?

OK, maybe it's only photography geeks like me that know how 'blooming' in an overexposed area can wipe out thin details (although you can see that happening in other areas of the same shot..) But for heaven's sake - there's a very obvious lightpost there! As soon as I glanced at it, I knew what it was, even though my local streetlighting isn't the same... What happened to common sense?

BTW, there's another ludicrous example of this sort of complete lack of common sense here. Look and WEEP at this 'funnel cloud with strange light'...

waterspoutweb.jpg

For heaven's sake, it's a blurred streetlamp!!! Despite me politely showing the site owner that the shape of the local streetlamps is EXACTLY the same as the 'funnel', and explaining how, like the tree, it has been blurred by the motion of the car, the site owner leaves it there...

That's ufology for you...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...