Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer

RavenHawk

We've all heard Andrew Cuomo say this line during the state of the State address on 9 Jan but sounding more like something from a 1930s era German-American Bund Rally. The question I want to ask is, how many bullets are needed to bring down a tyrannical government?

• Like 3

• Like 1

A friend of mine did his patriotic duty...when they put the limit to handgun magazines at 10 (years ago), he went and sold all his 7 round 1911 magazines and bought 10 round ones for it. :w00t:

• Like 1

If you can't kill the critters with 1 shot you should go to practice a little. That you want to eat deer does not mean that you should torture it first.

• Like 5

It may take me 10 bullets to kill an intruder. Just to be sure.

With a castrated AR for sure, they were designed to injure, not to kill.

wait so do we get 1 shot or 10 shots to castrate the deer intruder ? Im confused. Because I thought Bucks had the balls in the deer family.

• Like 3

It may take me 10 bullets to kill an intruder. Just to be sure.

Killed many intruders lately ?

• Like 1

no one needs a 6000lb suv, to get around, they are dangerous in crashes, a 5000sqft house, also no one needs, ppl live for years in 8x12 cells, and 30 pairs of shoes??? why support slave labour in china, that makes these shoes??

actually it takes 1 (one) bullet to kill deer.

bears and javelines however will tear you to shreads if you don't kill them with 1 shot and p*** them off, even 20 might not be enough when hurt angry javeline\bear goes at you.

• Like 1

No one's tried breaking in. Lucky for them.

Funny , the way you guys go on about needing assult rifles one would think that you get broken into all the time .

Have you or do you know anyone that has killed an intruder with a gun ?

TiP.

Funny , the way you guys go on about needing assult rifles one would think that you get broken into all the time .

TiP.

I know someone who lives very near me that shot and killed two home invaders. I, myself, was not raped by three men when I was hiking in the woods because I had a gun and a big dog.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

TiP.

Shot, yes. I don't think he died.

it just takes once, and assult rifles aren't the best for that anyway, they wil go thru entire house, and kill someone in 2 houses down the street, our houses are plywoood and cardboard.but there are other perfectly valid reasons to have assult rifle look alike. (which they all are, look alikes)

TiP.

Heh, no guns... But today I had to call the sheriff because my neighbors house was being cased- we live in a rural area. We think they took off because they realized my hubby was watching them. The week before Christmas my sister saw a man trying to break in her neighbors house- she lives in an urban area. And we live in two different states.

Personally, I don't use firearms for home defense. I have other weapons for that.

• Like 2

We've all heard Andrew Cuomo say this line during the state of the State address on 9 Jan but sounding more like something from a 1930s era German-American Bund Rally. The question I want to ask is, how many bullets are needed to bring down a tyrannical government?

More than 10.

Shot, yes. I don't think he died.

Fair enough .

I’m just trying to understand where you guys are coming from .

I know you guys aren’t real interested in the what the rest of the world think about your gun laws and rules and that's fair enough but I would like to share something with you from an alternative perspective ....

I guess it would be 15 years or more now since they enacted our reformed gun laws , at the time I had a 12G pump action ( registered ) , a 30/30 lever ( registered ) and an SKS ( un- registered ) .

I was totally devastated that I had to hand over my pump action , it was my pride and joy :cry: , the SKS on the other hand I wasn't all that worried about , it was hard to ammo for it and to be honest It was totally useless when it came to hunting and being un-registered I was talking a huge risk . Luckily they had an amnesty and a buy back scheme , I got $1200 for the SKS and $800 for the pump action :-*

I used the money to buy a new D/B under/over and a .22 magnum , got to keep the 30/30 .

I guess my point is that although I lost my assault rifle and pump action I didn't lose my right to have a gun or go hunting , just the ability to let off 25 rounds in 5 seconds !

For home protection , besides having a dog , how is a double barrel shotgun not good enough ?

TiP.

• Like 2

I had never heard of this: The Battle of Athens, TN. I'm sure it's not taught in schools. No wonder Obama and his ilk are pushing gun bans.

• Like 6

I had never heard of this: The Battle of Athens, TN. I'm sure it's not taught in schools. No wonder Obama and his ilk are pushing gun bans.

[media=]

Great clip! I believe that there were more than 10 bullets used. Plus, this is why I think that the military will go with the people. That is why Obama wants a NCSF. That is why Napolitano has stated that vets, people with guns, and those that believe in GOD are a threat to the state – because we are. The state is a threat to the Constitution. When I took the oath to defend this nation from all enemies foreign and domestic, that oath didn't end when I mustered out.

• Like 5

Ha, it's funny...the new laws in New York did not excempt police officers from having guns in their homes and now they are breaking the law. :D

• Like 4

If you can't kill the critters with 1 shot you should go to practice a little. That you want to eat deer does not mean that you should torture it first.

What if the 'critter' isn't a deer? What if the critter is actually 3 guys breaking into your house in a home invasion? I know, I know, that only happens in the movies....but what if it really happened, and it happened to you?

Would you want the Government infinging on your right to protect yourself against a gang of intruders?

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

And this is why we need the Second Amendment.

• Like 3

lol i remember when deer hunting was a BIG deal around here. But it was often about half hunting and half about deer camp, beer drinking, and card playing and beer drinking and hunting and beer drinking. It usually took 10 beers to kill a deer.

* i didn't participate.. just observed the festivities

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

RavenHawk: for somebody so obsessed with rights you seem pretty eager to deny people their right to life.