Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#736    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Wow, a 2 day holiday from meditating seems to have helped. thanks notyalcamas.

Last night I tried a different grounding technique "tree grounding" and was quite surprised by how much old energy I've accumulated.. Am pretty sure I unblocked my crown because I ended up having something like a vortex running through my body. It was verry cool, and I felt a bigger connection to the sky.
I shifted my Intention from Just meditating last night to trying to OBE, and had some success.. Vibrations were almost back to where they were when I first started this six months ago, and I could feel the energies and shifts in gravity.. Basically it was awesome... The Weird thing about this was as I was trying to exit the bed I was laying on started to split in half.. I felt myself slowly slipping into the crack and knew I was about to fall.. Unfortunately, it was at that point that mr ego said "oh stuff this!" and ruined the whole session...

So, question, Is falling a good exit strategy?

#737    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,206 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 16 December 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Last night I tried a different grounding technique "tree grounding" and was quite surprised by how much old energy I've accumulated.. Am pretty sure I unblocked my crown because I ended up having something like a vortex running through my body. It was verry cool, and I felt a bigger connection to the sky.
I shifted my Intention from Just meditating last night to trying to OBE, and had some success.. Vibrations were almost back to where they were when I first started this six months ago, and I could feel the energies and shifts in gravity.. Basically it was awesome... The Weird thing about this was as I was trying to exit the bed I was laying on started to split in half.. I felt myself slowly slipping into the crack and knew I was about to fall.. Unfortunately, it was at that point that mr ego said "oh stuff this!" and ruined the whole session...

So, question, Is falling a good exit strategy?
I used to roll off my bed as an exit.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#738    Kevin K

Kevin K

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Ugh still can't do it! Though my lucid dreams are becoming more lucid. Do you guys AP sleeping on pillows or without? Trying to see if that does anything...

#739    notyalcmas93

notyalcmas93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 16 December 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Glad i could help. Explain this tree grounding? Im interested.

#740    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

View Postnotyalcmas93, on 18 December 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Glad i could help. Explain this tree grounding? Im interested.

Darn, I can't find the site that showed this, but a google search for Tree Grounding brings up all sorts..
Some of them say you should be seated, but I did this standing, outside, in bare feet & on the grass.
There's all sorts of different techniques, I usually take the best of a few and mix em up to suit me.
Here's a good one that's similar..
http://www.wicca-spi...meditation.html

I stood  with my leg's slightly apart and basically thought like a tree. (by thinking like a tree I mean legs hard, firm, unmoving and connected to the earth, body and arms, trunk & limbs, and head, crown.) My roots went down into the earth to ground me, my arms raised horizonatlly to feel the air and sky. Now here's the deeply personal bit, don't know if everyone knows how to do this or are capable, but the next this I did was raise energy into my upper body, then release it down into the earth to send cold shivers and pin's & needles down my spine, legs, and into the earth.. Basically pushing energy down.. it takes a bit of effort..
The results were quite startling. I could feel old/hard energy that's accumulated in my crown release and flow downwards, which makes me think I unblocked my crown.. I felt this connection to the earth, but an even greater connection to the sky and stars.. There was a vortex like feel flowing down from crown to root, not a dramatic vortex, just a sensation of flow from the stars to the earth with my body being a conduit.

I did it again last night, with a similar but not so intense result. Is recon it's worth a crack if you want to just try something new, but I guess Tree trounding isn't for everyone..

#741    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Two questions. For all. Especially experts.
While you are in astral travel, out of body expirience did you ever been so high to see earth below? How did Earth look like? What was different from pictures we usually see?
Second. Did you ever feel that entities you met have others motives then you? What were those motives? Did you ever have impression that you met other people who are in astral travel?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#742    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,206 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Two questions. For all. Especially experts.
While you are in astral travel, out of body expirience did you ever been so high to see earth below? How did Earth look like? What was different from pictures we usually see?
Second. Did you ever feel that entities you met have others motives then you? What were those motives? Did you ever have impression that you met other people who are in astral travel?
Yes. The same as in pictures. Nothing ... Besides a few currents. Yes. Benevolant... Trying as hard as they can to get me to understand. We all astral travel... I have been aware mostly of my family and some neibours, and my neighbors dog... Who looks after me as his instinct.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#743    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,639 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Week four

Not a ap yet. been kind of lazy on the meditation. I have started to work on lucid dreaming and remembering my dreams though. I felt like trying from acouple avenues would be smart.

I had a dream about trying to AP though lol

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#744    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

If this hasn't already been posted, "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce is a free .pdf which is a great step by step 'course'.
It even includes techniques for conditioning yourself (preperation) for AP.

:)

#745    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 December 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Yes. The same as in pictures. Nothing ... Besides a few currents. Yes. Benevolant... Trying as hard as they can to get me to understand. We all astral travel... I have been aware mostly of my family and some neibours, and my neighbors dog... Who looks after me as his instinct.

Did you ever seen blue lights in your Astral travels? If so where?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#746    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View Postthe L, on 19 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Did you ever seen blue lights in your Astral travels? If so where?
Blue currents run through trees.And when you touch them, they will crackle up your arm and it kind of tickles.

Edited by Seeker79, 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#747    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Haven't been here in quite a while, I've literally made no progress since a year ago (But I never really bothered trying)

I have a lot of issues;
1. Is it a must to stay still? I'm a very unsteady person and am often scratching myself etc.
2. How 'tired' does one have to be to do this easily?
3. How do I know if my mind is clear?

#748    silicasecrets

silicasecrets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Verry informative information

The 1st page holds a dangerous key that I used and Its very simple

Focus on the blackness behind your eyes and try to keep a clear mind.You start to see colors and shapes and then...<my words ,The invitations come>.
He says to focus on that 1st picture you see and grab hold of it, it kind of starts to bring you into an interactive place. I call them invatations.The problem,why I stopped,is cause these invatations,I never knew where they were taking me.
I didnt know where I was going.It got to be very scary cause I was landing into bad situations.

I began experiencing thru other peoples bodies,while being inside,I would keep quiet,That is something I felt was wrong and the situations could be fun or drasticly and desperatly scary to near death experience in the astral.

For me,its CONTROL I seek to UNDERSTAND
Always, I was aware that I could awaken at any moment from this virtual reality.
Sometimes I have had days and days worth of situations pushing it when I was in a bad situation to see how far it would go.<meanwhile it was 2 or 3 hours in reality>
I would wake up back into my body simply by closing my eyes.Knowing,I can escape this at any second if it gets 2bad.

Coming back into my body with the relieved feeling that Im not in that astral rhelm situation started to be too common.Like its being polluted w/negativity now somehow.

Its like a crap shoot. I could be flying laughing ,feeling this incredible sense of sharp awareness and control with freedom to go as high up into the sky as I want.Or to manifest whatever I wanted ,like a location and situation.

Ive had nightmares,which I seperate from astral trips.I astral surf while conscious and awake.

Just recently,I got back into a test or two to see how it went. First while conscious in the astral,I seen a foot in my face of a female,she wanted to know information.I followed her back to where she was watching me from and I seen her sitting at a desk with electrodes attached with a notebook and said .You dont have to invade my privacy,Ill answer any questions you have.
And she had alot of questions. This specific situation had made me feel like I was in a RV session.And it felt very real.
I kept getting questions in the form a picture,and I knew exactly what they meant.

I dont want to fear monger.This is just my personal situation.
QUESTION > everyone else is having good astral experiences at this point in time? Never scary,or any problems?

My dreams have been good,my gf says I giggle and talk in my sleep almost every other night and Ive woke myself up laughing quite a few times.Theres a distinct difference between my astral and dreams.

I do not remember my dreams.Maybe little pieces but t hey are quickly forgotten.

I reccomend.........If you wish to astral surf..to do just what I said about the 1st posters 1st page focusing on your darkness behind your eyes and look upward and wait for a picture and grab hold of it by focusing on it till it clears up more and more and more until you go interactive.See where the invatation brings you.
Sometimes it will only be like slides of pictures and you just cant get interactive.
But dont get upset,your on your way!
You will be aware that you can get back into body.SO dont be scared.I PROMISE you.You wont die or get hurt cause your only a live thought thats going to be back into body no matter what you experience.

Ive done this for a long long time.But as I said,my experiences are either becomming too strong ie>landing in others bodies.And they are scary to ME for lack of control.
OR
Im not understanding exactly how to control myself.

As a sidenote.   Television in the backround is the absolute worst thing you can have on,especially commercials,it influences your thoughts. As does,music. The sound of rain is an absolute erotic hightener for me.Especially a real rainstorm.I go superconductive when it rains.

Last sidenote.  Being real tired is very effective for me. I can sgo from situation to situation until I get one I think is going to positive.

Im trying to learn how to control it more before I start again.For now dreaming is working out better than MY astral experiences.

If anyone has any advice I really would appreciate it,you dont have to sugarcoat it.
Thanks
WOw that was long sry..

Edited by silicasecrets, 20 December 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#749    notyalcmas93

notyalcmas93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 18 December 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Darn, I can't find the site that showed this, but a google search for Tree Grounding brings up all sorts..
Some of them say you should be seated, but I did this standing, outside, in bare feet & on the grass.
There's all sorts of different techniques, I usually take the best of a few and mix em up to suit me.
Here's a good one that's similar..
http://www.wicca-spi...meditation.html

I did it again last night, with a similar but not so intense result. Is recon it's worth a crack if you want to just try something new, but I guess Tree trounding isn't for everyone..

What do you mean not for everyone? Thanks for the link, i would try it but there is snow on the ground here! :/

#750    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

No one able to give me any advice?

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users