Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Another shooting involving AR-15 and teenager

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 20 January 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I think you have a point, but...

After re watching this documentary i think its safe to assume the drugs help to disconnect kids from emotions/others/themselves and consequences of their actions. It seems to be an "easy option" (as admitted by one of the Doctors in the documentary) that parents are more willing to take rather than traditional behaviour modification techniques.

I also think your points are valid, without a doubt. Still, it would have to be judged on an individual basis, and there is also the view that their suppressed emotions for a time may be a good thing. It may make them less likely to act due to anger or any other emotion.

I still believe that we don't know enough about the subject to judge it definitively one way or another. Me, you, or the medical professionals.

#62    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,740 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

The pharm companies have been pushing these drugs on kids through the schools, and through counclers. There are so many people on these drugs for little to no reason at all. Suicide among these kids, now begining to enter adulthood is a epidemic. I have to confirm this, but I heard the other day that suicide is now the number 1 cause of death in America.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#63    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,740 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1909772.html

Yea its true. But you will never hear these gun grabbers talk about that, cause the drug companies own them.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#64    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Big Pharm is more or as much culpable for these shootings as the killers themselves. They know there product is capable of these type of incidents yet they continue to sell it to our children it more then crack dealers sell crack to kids.

#65    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Well after reading some of the comments on these gun control threads american enthusiasm for killing each other knows no bounds. As i've said before, as long as americans would rather their children are shot to pieces than have their guns confiscated then this will just continue. As long as you're all happy with that, carry on.

Too bad gun confiscation is a sham and the warning of a police state.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#66    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,384 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I got a question for you then, what happens if all guns in the United States is taken away from home owners who are responsible and lawful citizens? What then? We become much more vulnerable to break ins, murders, rapes, and homicides because criminals will get their guns one way or another, rather you like it or not. Most people own guns to protect their family from these types of criminals. There is nothing there to deter them, there is nothing there to stop them from committing these types of crimes. Death toll will be much larger than it is today. People are less likely to be killed by an gun than it is likely be killed in a car crash. Those who advocate guns to be taken away will change their minds real quick when the bullets start flying.

Teaching your child how to proper handle and understand a gun is one thing, but to actively try to make them into a deadly person is another thing. It is his or her choice how to use his knowledge, rather he wants to be a person who to be feared or a person who can be trusted to protect his family and others. Which one would you be proud of?
This is the concept that made me finally stop trying to explain the gun ownership reasoning to non - American citizens.  It's obvious that they either do not understand how things are here OR they really don't care whether we are jeopardizing our safety.  The guns do not threaten them in any way, yet they find fault with people an ocean away for how they manage their own lives and business.  Singularly odd way to behave imo.  It's none of my business how a Canadian or a Briton live their lives day to day.  I wouldn't dream of castigating them for their choices - even if I considered those choices to be self destructive.  Freedom, you know?  It's what we have in common.  Americans have always had the right to possess firearms.  We conquered a wild country with them and built one of the most prosperous nations in the history of the world - and now, imo, liberal ideologies and hand wringing and lack of education about firearms is leading us to consider throwing away our right to self protection from tyrannical government.  I'm sorry that 20 children died at the hands of a crazy person in Connecticut.  I'm even more sorry that 55 MILLION children have been denied access to a life due to abortion.  But taking away my right when I did nothing to cause their deaths is wrong and I won't accept it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#67    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

The pharm companies have been pushing these drugs on kids through the schools, and through counclers. There are so many people on these drugs for little to no reason at all. Suicide among these kids, now begining to enter adulthood is a epidemic. I have to confirm this, but I heard the other day that suicide is now the number 1 cause of death in America.

But then suicide was already at an 'epidemic' amongst the depressed, wasn't it? How can you say for certain that the depression itself is not the main cause? None of us really can in my opinion.

#68    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

see below

Edited by watoom, 21 January 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#69    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostEonwe, on 20 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Too bad gun confiscation is a sham and the warning of a police state.

View Postand then, on 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

This is the concept that made me finally stop trying to explain the gun ownership reasoning to non - American citizens.  It's obvious that they either do not understand how things are here OR they really don't care whether we are jeopardizing our safety.  The guns do not threaten them in any way, yet they find fault with people an ocean away for how they manage their own lives and business.  Singularly odd way to behave imo.  It's none of my business how a Canadian or a Briton live their lives day to day.  I wouldn't dream of castigating them for their choices - even if I considered those choices to be self destructive.  Freedom, you know?  It's what we have in common.  Americans have always had the right to possess firearms.  We conquered a wild country with them and built one of the most prosperous nations in the history of the world - and now, imo, liberal ideologies and hand wringing and lack of education about firearms is leading us to consider throwing away our right to self protection from tyrannical government.  I'm sorry that 20 children died at the hands of a crazy person in Connecticut.  I'm even more sorry that 55 MILLION children have been denied access to a life due to abortion.  But taking away my right when I did nothing to cause their deaths is wrong and I won't accept it.

There is so much wrong with this:

America in the current economic climate != prosperous.
Conquered a wild country = slaughtering the native inhabitants
Tyrannical government - slightly paranoid?
Abortion - people have a right to decide.

and then the overall theme of the post of not telling people how to live their lives is a bit steep coming from an American, how many countries are the US trying to dictate how they should live their lives??

#70    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,425 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

We can fantasize all day long over this issue.  It's not going away.  And it will only get worse the more the GOV intervenes.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#71    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

View Postwatoom, on 21 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

There is so much wrong with this:

America in the current economic climate != prosperous.
Conquered a wild country = slaughtering the native inhabitants
Tyrannical government - slightly paranoid?
Abortion - people have a right to decide.

and then the overall theme of the post of not telling people how to live their lives is a bit steep coming from an American, how many countries are the US trying to dictate how they should live their lives??

Thanks for the remark.

The logical answer is Obama would call in the UN, which was also created with the purpose of not having a military.

The Department of Homeland Security is also armed to the teeth.

Would this happen? I don't know. I can't say. You are right, America's economic climate has stagnated.

But when America was founded to be anti-tyrannical and to be a Republic where all are represented, it is sort of absurd to shudder at the idea of tyranny and regard it as folly. Common sense and history prove other wise. We have to humble ourselves and examine reality. Our rights are slowly being depleted and we exist in a police state that has a militarized police force, surveillance, the NSA wiretapping everyone, bugged buses in California, the NDAA, H.R. 347 that negates our First Amendment, a senseless perpetual war - aka "The War on Terror"; and a "War on Drugs" to boot. If anything, cancelling both the wars would be financially responsible, considering we have a retarded amount of debt that is continually collected at a rapid rate..

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#72    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Before I could own a gun and acquire a hunting license when I was a youth back in the 70's, Kids had to take a hunter safety class.
A local gun shop owner and a game warden taught the class the fundamentals of gun safety and even took us out in the country
to shoot clay targets. I remember the motto they taught us. "Know And Respect The Gun". I don't know if they still teach youth today
on Gun Safety but if they don't then they should start.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#73    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 20 January 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

we need to make it mandatory to see if potential gun owners have both the ability and the character to not to pose a threat with their guns.
Potential gun owners?   You mean the legal upstanding people who can buy guns in the future under today's laws?  That's the problem now?  

Okay then, how are you gonna "see"?   Are you going to march down to your city hall and ask to speak to your Mayor?   Are you going to make telephone calls to high minded intellectuals in your community who can parse together the most intricate details of such a plan?   Or are you going to lay down and agree with whatever Obama comes up with, which will be a load of hay having nothing to do with what you just said "we need".   Let's start with the most basic of all questions.  Who's going to pay for this new initiative and who's going to administer it?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#74    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,400 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Well, this thread is no longer about the shootings.  I'll have cops in and out of here today, I'll see if they know something about it that the news hasn't reported.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#75    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,400 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Here's the latest:

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Shock and disbelief continue to shake the city of Albuquerque in the wake of a horrific shooting that left a well known chaplain, his wife and their three young children dead. Officials say the carnage was at the hands of the 15-year-old son.

Nehemiah Griego, 15 , is behind bars after deputies say he shot and killed his parents and three siblings inside the family home Saturday night.  Griego told deputies that at the time of the killings he had been having homicidal and suicidal thoughts along with anger problems and had been upset with his mother.

Investigators say after the killings he told someone at his church that his family was dead.  He allegedly offered up several stories before finally confessing to shooting his mother, Sara Griego and young siblings, Jael, Angelina and Zephania.  The teen said he waiting for his dad, Greg Griego , to come home from work hours later and then fatally shot him.

On Sunday Sheriff Dan Houston said he wanted more time before sharing out more details on the crime.  There will be a press conference held Tuesday at 10 a.m. where more information is expected to be released.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 21 January 2013 - 07:23 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users