Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

By 2045 Top Species Will No Longer Be Humans

Still Waters

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be. If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the timeframe most experts predict. From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

http://www.businessi...gularity-2014-7

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Gromdor

• Frank Merton

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is how it will turn out. So far no machine has imagined itself self-willed or been aware of sentience or qualia or even fussed any when someone rebooted it.

My view is that we will evolve into part machine as we more and more use computing power to supplement our own abilities. I wouldn't mind having a little box somewhere inside me that tells me the precise time, my exact location, the news and all that stuff and lets me have a quiet chat with my grand-daughter that no one else can hear.

I agree, technology is going to help us "Evolve" past our current limitations or give us "Children" that replaces homo sapiens in the not so distant future.