Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help I need answers

Unknown27

I know this may sound crazy but I can't think of the rational reason and i need some open minded spiritual help so I have been waking up with scratches on me they slowly progressed from me laying in bed and getting this weird paranoid scared feeling like something was in the corner of the room watching me. And now i'm waking up with minor scratches on my thigh,belly,back, and my nails aren't long enough to scratch like that to leave a mark and i do not have a cat i have a dog but it doesn't lie with me at night. I'm afraid it is slowly progressing because this only happens in my room at night when i try to sleep and now it seems like i'm starting to hear something and feel its presence again and i'm scared its like possessing my emotions and manipulating me like my body is not possessed it just seems to like influence me to act in a strange in cold in bitter way and i fear it is only getting stronger please give me some insight on this is this like a poltergeist,demonic,ghost? like what is going on and what is happening to me cause this is only happening to me in my room and this started 2-3 in half years ago

• Like 2

Try sleeping in another room and see what happens.

• Like 1

Yes I would try a different room and see what happens or move if it continues. Ever looked up the history of the house to see if anything bad has happened in it or on the property?

Seeing a doctor wouldn't hurt either.

• Like 2

Yes I have slept in other rooms and it does not happen and like my house tends to get cold so I would sleep with hoodies on and it will still happen. And this house has been in my family since the 50's but the house was built in 1924 so before my grandparents bought the house the history before is unknown. But there has been alot of negativity since my family has lived here my grandparents were acholics and would argue all the time and have bad fights. There has seem to have some negativity in the house

Unknown, I wouldn't jump to a haunting conclusion because the house is cold. If you genuinely don't feel safe (this might feel a little silly) but before you sleep, close your eyes and ask in your mind for protection, a bit like praying. Be honest, say what worries you and ask that you be protected from any negative entities or energies. Imagine a white light cloaked around you and filling your entire room. Follow this light in your mind as it fills every room and passage in your house (attic/cellar too if applicable) until the whole house is illuminated with this light. If you like, go a step further and take it outside, wrapping around the structure of your house.

This is the important part: try not to doubt what you've just done. Believe that you are protected and nothing can hurt you nor can anything malevolent be in the house or near you because this white light is stronger, it is your protection. Your will power is what has created this energy. This is a basic protection technique that I've taught people (and indeed something I was taught when I was younger and had some nasty hauntings - it worked!)

My gut says you have nothing to worry about but try this, see if it makes you feel any better :)

That's not crazy at all because I grew up with my mom being really spiritual and talking and telling me about that plus im open to everyone's opinion im pretty sure if it is any sort of entity it is negative but im unsure but I will do this before i go to sleep is think of the white light thanks :)

Yes I have slept in other rooms and it does not happen and like my house tends to get cold so I would sleep with hoodies on and it will still happen. And this house has been in my family since the 50's but the house was built in 1924 so before my grandparents bought the house the history before is unknown. But there has been alot of negativity since my family has lived here my grandparents were acholics and would argue all the time and have bad fights. There has seem to have some negativity in the house

I'm assuming your grandparents are dead. Was there a problem with the house when they, grandparents, lived there or has it manifested itself since then?

you could always try an ouija bord , or try to "summon" whatever it is thats out there... if anything...

personally ouija's scare the crap outta me

Pray... ask god to take it away... simple and very effective.

• Like 1

Pray... ask god to take it away... simple and very effective.

Or tell it to leave if you are non-spiritual, that may have the same effect if you show no fear. But if you have Faith then I agree with SpiritWriter :tu: Keep us posted.

Let your dog or cat sleep with you. They will let you know if something strange is messing with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Or tell it to leave if you are non-spiritual, that may have the same effect if you show no fear. But if you have Faith then I agree with SpiritWriter :tu: Keep us posted.

My dog barely will ever go into my room she goes in almost every room besides that one and sorry i haven't been on here in awhile but the scratches still continue i have a few down my side

Oh it's your guard. It comes out at night. For some reason it is carefully scratching you to let you know in no uncertain terms that you are not alone. It is a gentle being that can act aggressive when it is trying to catch the humans attention. The guard's duty is to keep the soul in the body for the duration of the person's earth life. They usually only create negative things in order to drive the humans away from danger of some kind, or to drive them to religion. Perhaps there is danger in that house? Maybe a loose stair or something that people are just ignoring but which could be fatal? Find the danger & fix it & the being should stop bothering you. Sometimes it's a dangerous well nearby which is the danger, so it doesn't have to be something inside the house.

Simple webcam-ish IR-capable cameras are quite cheap and once attached to a PC/laptop they can be set up to motion detect - in other words as soon as anything in the field of view moves, they will record what happens.. Just set one up and I'll bet that the problem vanishes - or you will very quickly get your answer.

One day, perhaps someone who does this might even report back to us - hasn't happened yet...

Will you, OP?

• Like 2

I understand waking up and sensing a scary presence in the corner of your room at night. It happens to a lot of people. I don't think that there is anything physically there, but it's from your mind. That doesn't make it any less or more real, though, despite materialist claims.

But I lean toward thinking that the scratches are possibly happening to you by normal means throughout the day, yet you noticed one (or a few) at night before upon waking to this presence, and connected the two possibly non related things. And now it's pretty hard not to. You wake up again, look for scratches, and connect the two again.

That aside, don't at all feel a ridiculous need to validate yourself by going out and buy camera equipment, record yourself sleeping, and then come back to prove to some random person who challenges you on an online forum that you have something going on worth noting. Though you probably understand already that in our daily lives we don't do these type of things. We may ask a question online of something that is irking us, but we rarely get the motivation to become Steven Spielberg, visually monitor our sleep, waiting for the chance that we can compile a montage for a forum avatar to critique. Then again, if you feel the personal desire to somehow point a camera close up to your skin at night to witness scratches appear, collect it for Chrizs' use, and present it to him, go for it. But I would be willing to bet that your personal problem will not vanish, and that you will not get any 'quick answer's.

_Only, you are just as random as me..

Further, please do not misrepresent me - this is a public forum, and I suggested to the OP that he do this and bring the results HERE, not to me personally.

Furtherer - everyone is different. I don't have anything annoying me thru the night that I wish to film, but I certainly would set up a camera if there was - and whenever there is something unusual being described or something worthy of investigation, I think it's worthwhile collecting evidence. You don't?

Furthererer - I'm not alone in having politely asked folk with similar issues to think about filming their environment. Yet despite this being asked by me and several others, how many times have you seen anyone do it? Now, is that because they:

- did do it, found out where the problem was, and decided not to return here to discuss it?

- thought about it, but also thought about other possibilities and discovered that the problem either went away or was explained to their satisfaction?

- did not wish to proceed (for other reasons that i will not elaborate upon but that you can probably work out for yourself..)?

To me, while those 'resolutions' may not be very enlightening for the forum, perhaps they are useful to the person concerned.

Anyway, if it's the majority viewpoint, I shall never suggest the evil of using a camera again.. Any other opinions? OP, were you deeply offended by my impertinence?

• Like 2

You should speak to a doctor.

yup

Dermographism

Dermatographic urticaria (also known as dermographism, dermatographism or "skin writing") is a skin disorder seen in 4–5% of the population and is one of the most common types of urticaria,[1] in which the skin becomes raised and inflamed when stroked, scratched, rubbed, and sometimes even slapped.[2] It is most common in young adults, ages 20-30.

800px-Dermatographic_urticaria.jpg

Dermatographic urticaria ("skin writing"). Done by writing the "invisible" letters with an empty ball-point pen and waiting for a couple of minutes.

The term dermographism (or dermatographism) literally means writing on the skin. Firm stroking of the skin produces an initial red line (capillary dilatation), followed by an axon-reflex flare with broadening erythema (arteriolar dilatation) and the formation of a linear wheal (transudation of fluid/edema); these events are collectively termed the triple response of Lewis.

An exaggerated response to this constitutional whealing tendency is seen in approximately 2-5% of the population and is referred to as dermographism. In a minority of people, it is accompanied by itching (symptomatic dermographism).

Dermographism should be distinguished from other types of urticaria. See the following articles:

I am sure this is not " fantastic " enough of a explanation, but it is a real one. If you are not willing to believe facts, and want to think it is some demon or ghost, I know one sure fire way to get rid of it.

Do not believe in it.

• Like 3