Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i need tips on how2 find ghosts........badly......

ghostseeker1

One day i might just become a paranormal investigator but ive never seen anyfing.

If u have any idea watsoever on how to find them or where, tell me.I already know quite a bit and i dont wanna try a ouja(not spelled rite)board cos it'll get me in trouble.

Tank u.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WorkMonkey

• Babs

• Aslan

• aquatus1

First off, work on your spelling and grammar. Not meant to offend, just makes it easier and more desirable to respond.

To "find" a ghost or spirit or "paranormal" phenomenon, there isn't really a method to it that I have heard of (and I read a lot) other than methods that I personally dissapprove of (seance, ouija boards, etc). As far as haunted places go, depending on where you live, go to the popular attractions for haunting, ie the Queen Mary. Most towns, citys, or counties have a haunted house or road or bridge or something. Look around, odds are there is someplace right under your nose.

Also, there is the distinct possibility that the ghost/spirit that you are desperately seeking is desperately trying to AVOID you. My mother lived in a house that had an evil spirit within it (another term is malevolent entity), it would manifest itself to her, but when my father would show up it would leave. The movies like The Haunting, or House on Haunted Hill are not anything like what a ghost/spirit are like. Some seek company, are merely lonely, others are confused, and others are upset at their situation, frustraited and turn to physical violent manifestations.

Whatever you do, read about ghost/paranormal experiences before you try to do anything. You might end up not liking what you thought you did.

Chris

Well if you lived in Australia, it's not that hard to find ghosts. There is a TV show here called 'Scream Test' in which contestants have to spend one night in a haunted building. You have to go to each of the rooms and solve a puzzle and if you get it right you go to the next room and the first person to solve all the puzzles wins.

The producer of the show also puts fake ghosts in the house (make something move like it's being moved by a ghost) just to scare the **** out of them and it's funny when it happens but sometimes the contestants here footsteps that the producers didn't do (they are also given equipment to try and see if it's really a ghost there) and then they show their equipment on the place they heard the footsteps and the temperature is -2 degrees celcius. That gets them even more scared and it's even more funny  ;D ;D

Getting in touch with ghosts is not hard but it's not easy. In my experience it's like having dreams: the more you pay attention to them, the more you have them. You have to be open to all your senses, eg. when you go into a house, pay attention to what your eyes tell you, what you can hear, what you can smell, what the objects/surfaces in the house feel like etc. That way, you train yourself to notice everything that's there. If you do this long enough, you will start to become more open to spirits. They know who is receptive to them and that attracts them. Soon you will be noticing things you have never noticed before...

This is me(the starter of this thread) and i just gotta say thati hate the way ppl asscociate ghosts etc with God. I dont believe in it and think its done quite badly in history.

Anyway, i live in the most haunted isle in the world and i have never seen any.

I would go by myself to all the places i do know but its more fun with a mate and  the places i can go are like miles away.

• 2 years later...

I see why you don't get spirit responses with a thread like that on the LORD..

Unfortunetely, before you can become adept at finding ghosts, you have to be adept at telling ghosts apart from regular explainable phenomena and outright trickery from your fellow man. Since there is not yet any scientific method for detecting spectres, you will have to focus on being able to disprove all other possible reasons that a phenomena occurred until the only explanation left is a ghost.

Along with all the scientific research, you will also have to do a great deal of historical and social research, to track the history of the site, the history of the haunting, the people that experienced it, and whether or not a hauting occured in the first place.

I wish you the best of luck in your studies.

As far as im aware.....ghosts dont *actually* exist, so how can someone tell you how to see one.

As far as im aware.....ghosts dont *actually* exist, so how can someone tell you how to see one.

Well, WorkMonkey, this is *actually* the Unexplained Mysteries site, where ghosts, ghouls, wights, demons, devils, faeries, pixies, black dogs, UFOs, sea serpents, lake monsters and whatever other unexplained mystery you care to mention is *actually* permitted (and encouraged) to exist.

You may be well aware that ghosts don't *actually* exist but that doesn't really give you the grace to make unhelpful, supercilious, and condescending comments, thank you very much.

Talon S *actually* already does that for us.

I wasn't.

I was explaining that since ghosts arent proven to exist there is no handbook as to how to find one, unlike say looking for the northern Star.

My husband and I had a ghost experience in 'haunted' Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Many people have had ghostly encounters there. You don't even have to believe in ghosts; we didn't. original.gif

The easiest way i can think of on how to start looking for ghost is whenever a friend or family member tells you about an expierience or a story, go and check it out. Maybe you'll find something, maybe you wont. But remember always have an open mind. Somethings you will be able to explain, others you wont. Try checking out this website.

www.theshadowlands.com

they have a whole bunch of info and links to sites that can help you get started.

Good Luck!

try spending a night in a cemetary. Alone...

They say the ghost in the cemetary is the first person to be buried there

by being as open minded as you can, they are all around us!

ph34r.gif

How come the ghost in the cemetary will be the first person to be buried Dowdy?

It's interesting, I've never heard that said before.

Cheers Freddy thumbsup.gif xx

Anyway, i live in the most haunted isle in the world and i have never seen any.

To begin with you can't really 'see' a ghost because they are spirits and hence,

invisible. I was going to say that you should carry a can of green spray paint around with you at all times............but that would only encourage a response from other unseen phenomena tongue.gif .....so:

It seems to me that it would be easier for a ghost to find you than vice versa.

With that in mind, go where you think ghosts hang out....haunted houses, cemetaries and the like. Beware of haunted houses that want money, i.e. admission. Beware of cemetaries as well. The weirdest thing in a cemetary may not be a ghost. ohmy.gif Ghost hunting is not for the timid. Butch up and go for it!

How come the ghost in the cemetary will be the first person to be buried Dowdy?

It's interesting, I've never heard that said before.

read it in a book

laugh.gif @ Dowdy

Has no-one taken the trouble to look when this guy last posted?

August 2001! I don't think he'll be taking anyones advice rolleyes.gif

Dowdy...Why would that be? Could you tell us more about what you read?

The weirdest thing in a cemetary may not be a ghost.

Hehehe...... you got that right. tongue.gif

Ghost hunting is not for the timid. Butch up and go for it!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Babs