Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Orb?

HD

Hi I took this pic in my mums bedroom the other week, the reason why was for the last say about 10 years every now and again a strong fishy smell fills the room, this smell comes and goes quite quickly so I decided to take a couple of pics and on one of them an orb appeared where the smell was most stongest. Now when my mum bought the house she was told that the old woman who lived there died in that bedroom and was ill for some time. :sd :s09

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy

• Druss

• HD

• cerberus

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of camera did u use to take the picture, and did u use a flash?

:)

A classic "orb" photograph there.

I suppose it comes down again to the question - are orbs an indication of a ghostly prescence, or simply a photographic anomily ?

Cerberus,

Try turning the gamma correction / brightness of your monitor up - the image of the orb is quite faint and you might have these settings down too low to see it.

Happydude,

Thanks for posting the picture.  :)

:sk

;D Here's my orb photo.  Taken when I got back from the Unconvention, in my free Unconvention T-shirt, and Nessie badge. 8) There are several anomalies with it: firstly the huge orb where my head should be?! :s9    and then the purple squiggle coming from the alien's mouth. image

:s04

A very anomolous picture Tommy  ;D

Maybe I should put that on the front page as "Paranormal photograph of the month"

:s1

that is not an orb.  you cannot take a pic of a mirror without getting something like that everytime- especially with a flash.  

[blue]

Sorry Tommy, but I have to agree. Even my Chingle Hall photos, although they show something odd, it's probably some kind of light reflection from the sun. In your case, from your flash.

Your sounds are still cool though... :P

[/blue]

[blue]As an example of an orb not being an orb....

This photo was taken in West Yorkshire in mid summer. The sun was directly in front of the camera and just slightly out of shot.

[/blue]

i tried your advice with the contrast and yes i can see something.i know nothin about orbs.i dont know what an orb is.can someone explain?

Hi Druss in answer to your question it was a digital camera and yes it did have a flash. I did take a few pics and nothing showed up on the others.

:sd

a major problem that he does not mention with the digital camera is that they have no inherent ability to take a picture in low light without a flash.  with a regular old manual 35mm, you can set the shutter speed, buy a different speed of film, and use filters to achieve results in low light.  its possible to take a picture of almost complete darkness with a 35mm if you use the correct film and let the camera sit perfectly still long enough.  a lot of "ghost" pictures can be faked by just rocking a 35mm camera a few times in low light and then letting it sit still for quite some time.  

i find its quite ironic that the guy in the article thinks that digital cameras are making a mockery out of paranormal photography- i mean, wasnt it a mockery before digital too?  there are so many ways to fake a ghostly image with a camera, that it was quite the skeptic's delight since photography was discovered.  not to mention all the darkroom techniques you can employ to blur and distort an image.  even the mistakes you make developing film in a darkroom can look scary to the untrained eye.  

im skeptical of any photo i see.  video is another story.  it can be faked, but its much harder to do and make it convincing.  faking a video takes a huge team of people with lots of time and effort, whereas faking a photo is quite easy.  

Hey,  Tommy,  I heard you were gonna send in some ghostly pictures....

but WOW!  How long did it take you to come up with that one?   :s2    :s2

:s01 ohhh that's so scary Tommy ;D

You look like an early version of the 'borg' :s09