Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Armed School Security Guard Forgets Gun

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Imagine That! Never mind crazy people or criminals killing kids in school. Slander a guard who was there to protect and made an honest mistake.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#17    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,138 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Silly question - but why was he in the student's bathroom, exactly?

Do the teaching staff usually share bathrooms with the students?

#18    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,721 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I feel sorry for the poor guy... And I do not agree with that making news .. If it were loaded and something happened then yes, but for forgetting a gun that was not loaded for  a few moments?

I agree. Nobody's perfect. t's important to learn from our mistakes.Making mistakes can actually make one a better person.
It's when we refuse to learn from them is what gets us in trouble.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#19    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,865 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I personally do not think this is acceptable. He made a mistake (a big one in my books) and there should be consequences. It should never be allowed to get to the point that forgetting your gun is considered no big deal, because that's when it'll become more frequent.

Imagine if a police officer forgot his gun...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#20    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

I am sick of hearing all this anti-gun bull**** from people who doesn't even live in my country. If you are not part of my country, don't worry about it. We will deal with these problems ourselves, we have our own traditions and laws that doesn't pertain to foreigners like yourselves. Stop influencing our elections, our politics, our laws, and trying to take away our constitution because you don't like what allows us to have. Only real way you would have a say in this if you immigrate to my country, stay seven years to become part of our society and swear your loyalty to my country. There is millions of armed citizens in America, who by the way, are very responsible citizens who keep their guns under lock and key unless they are using them. Even then we take pride in gun safety above all else, not gun control which takes away our rights as a citizen to overthrow a tyrant government if it comes to it. Before you try to change my country, first look at yours!

As for everyone else, if you were in the same situation, you would probably forget your damn gun too. Don't go all holly, because you would do the same thing. Sick of this political correctness and self-rightious knee jerks who think they know it all. Get over yourselves... when is people going to take responsibility for their own damn actions and learn from them!

By the way Becky's Mom is actually taking time to comprehend... the others are basically trying to push their views onto Americans.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 04:05 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostTiggs, on 20 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Maybe prostate problems?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

By the way Becky's Mom is actually taking time to comprehend... the others are basically trying to push their views onto Americans.

I am not an American, and I stand by my views in this thread..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostTiggs, on 20 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Of the 3 different schools i went to... none had separate  teacher's  bathrooms.  The teacher's used  THE  bathrooms.

I'd  like to know where this guy kept his bullets.  ? If he kept them in a location other than on his person somewhere.. his gun might not be quite so effective as hoped?

Edited by lightly, 20 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostMag357, on 20 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Imagine That! Never mind crazy people or criminals killing kids in school. Slander a guard who was there to protect and made an honest mistake.
its not really about slandering the guard, in my view its the fact that this guard who is there to protect the children and considering the past events, should be ready and armed.....was NOT armed at all, the gun was not even loaded. So if a "situation" does ever occur,(i sure do hope it never does)  he would have to load up before he can stop the intruder!
And if he is not quick enough or just not ready in time, I am sure there would be a whole lot more said about it than a bit of slandering.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

If we threw out good ideas because someone made a mistake, we'd have to get rid of all of our law enforcement officers, wouldn't we?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#26    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I bet if this happened before the whole anti gun fiasco this probably wouldn't have gotten the attention of the press

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 20 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I bet if this happened before the whole anti gun fiasco this probably wouldn't have gotten the attention of the press

You are probably right, but it didn`t happen before, it happened after, all the more reason to be a bit more responsible when the "gun thing" is still fresh in everyones mind.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#28    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,865 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 20 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

That wouldn't have made it any more acceptable.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#29    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,531 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Let's face it, the public perception has been manipulated for decades, so what does it matter? :cry:

#30    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostStellar, on 20 January 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

That wouldn't have made it any more acceptable.

Mistakes like this is inevitable. Schools in America at the moment are free hunting grounds for the deranged and mentally unstable individuals. Even if these individuals don't own guns, they can steal guns or buy guns from gun shows. There would be nothing to stop the derange inside a school from shooting children. Only thing that would stop them is another person with a gun... it is the truth which most people ignore out of plain ignorance, because their knee jerk politician said guns are bad to make him look good without checking proper facts and researching the subject.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users