Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Mini Summit between M.E. Foes

and-then

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4342870,00.html

Danny Ayalon thinks that Obama's visit in March may herald a push for peace that could include sovereignty for Palestinians and an admission that Israel is the state of the Jewish people. I wholeheartedly advocate this development - it will bring a season of peace to the region. Maybe only a short one but at least a season. Then a clearer picture of which side is truly interested in peace versus who just wants dominance of the land.

• Like 1

It will last for how long even if they shake hands and leave the table ?

It will last for how long even if they shake hands and leave the table ?

At least long enough for the territory that is vacated to be occupied and armed. Once major sections of the west bank are in Palestinian control, the rocket and mortar fire will begin again and will be far more effective. Months, not years IMO.

A distraction to there recent bombing in Syria ?

A distraction to there recent bombing in Syria ?

Possibly, but I don't think they will strike such an agreement for that cause alone. It will be because of intense pressure from Obama and the EU if it happens.

When the heck did Obama get ANY credit in Israel. Its Jonh Kerry thats assigned to coddle this situation now as Secretary of State. I dont believe Obama has enough credit in the region from either side to even get them to sit down let alone agree.

When the heck did Obama get ANY credit in Israel. Its Jonh Kerry thats assigned to coddle this situation now as Secretary of State. I dont believe Obama has enough credit in the region from either side to even get them to sit down let alone agree.

As an individual I agree, Obama isn't well liked there - and with good reason IMO but he still has enormous power to help or hinder Israel.