Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mitt Romney mocked for plane gaff

Bling

“I appreciate the fact that she (his wife) is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were. When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

http://www.globalpos...ndows-dont-open

I know I'm in the UK...but I really hope this guy doesn't become president!

• Like 3

“I appreciate the fact that she (his wife) is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were. When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

http://www.globalpos...ndows-dont-open

I know I'm in the UK...but I really hope this guy doesn't become president!

Me neither! :no:

The twitter comments are hilarious! :yes:

• Like 2

Honestly people,is this guy real ? I imaging him in a nuclear silo saying "Whats this button for",and pushing it.

• Like 3

Maybe he ought to open a window aboard a plane, at 35,000 feet. His head obviously needs a good vacuuming out. :w00t:

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 2

Maybe he ought to open a window aboard a plane, at 35,000 feet. His head obviously needs a good vacuuming out. :w00t:

cormac

I could just imagine the whistling noise it would make.

Edited by Euphorbia
  • Like 2

This is from a few months ago. And, it's just one of many things he's said and done that makes you go :wacko: .

• Like 2

MItt's first name is Willard, makes me think of rats.

• Like 2

Pardon me while I pick up my jaw.

Pardon me while I ....burst into flames....LMAO

I especially thought this Twittering was hilarious:

CaptainPiccard.jpg

• Like 1

Is this the best you people have? The guys speaks to crowds for 12 hours a day, without a teleprompter, for two years and this is the gaffe that makes him unfit for president? Obama's gaffes are legendary! The maout that first debate? Wow How abn isn't allowed off prompter any longer and when he is it is a practiced speech! Even then he screws it up. How about that first debate? Did you wunderkind like that? Tuesday will be great and Wednesday even better. Enjoy your week.

Is this the best you people have? The guys speaks to crowds for 12 hours a day, without a teleprompter, for two years and this is the gaffe that makes him unfit for president? Obama's gaffes are legendary! The maout that first debate? Wow How abn isn't allowed off prompter any longer and when he is it is a practiced speech! Even then he screws it up. How about that first debate? Did you wunderkind like that? Tuesday will be great and Wednesday even better. Enjoy your week.

Obama is funny, Romney is an idiot

Romney seems a bit off his rocker to me. ... and just out of curiosity.. why does he walk so oddly, as if he's holding something between his thighs? Watch him! ( as long as this opportunity has arisen to make fun of him )

Your comment represents the fact that much of this country's Common Sense has been turned Bass Ackwards. Romney is in fact...brilliant. Obama is in fact an idiot. Who on gods grey earth doesn't know how to pronounce Navy Corpsmen...it is not CorpS man! So...yeah...

who on God's GREEN earth

Some people... some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say

There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of gods grey

Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkL4QOoGHAA

Yeah, windows opening on planes. That's just crazy.

I'll just leave this here.

Welcome to two months ago by the way.

post-106978-0-19668600-1352044133_thumb.

• Like 1

The man misspoke! Do you think he believes there are windows that open on a jet airliner? He owns a freakin jet aircraft. Here are some gaffes for ya:

Barry Obama:

"And finally, Bos, I just want to say thank you for Youkilis." –joking at a fundraiser in Boston about the Red Sox trading their beloved slugger Kevin Youkilis to Chicago White Sox, Obama's hometown team. The line drew boos from the audience. (June 25, 2012)

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (

)

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers (Watch video clip)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon (Watch video clip)

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

~Compiled by Daniel Kurtzman

• Like 2

Nice ones Merc.

Yeah, I don't think any Obama supporters want to get into a Gaff war between the candidates. If we do though, can we throw Biden into the mix too?

Nice ones Merc.

Yeah, I don't think any Obama supporters want to get into a Gaff war between the candidates. If we do though, can we throw Biden into the mix too?

There are so many Obama gaffes that it is, frankly, embarrassing. Worse, some of his gaffes are downright scary and show the true inner Barry which isn't pretty. His recent urging to people booing Romney's name to not boo, but that "voting is the best revenge." Revenge for what and against who? It is against the truly successful whom Barry believes stole their money from the poor, although how that works I don't know. Then there is the now infamous "You didn't build that!" gaffe that cost him so dearly in the polls.