Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Offensive Joke

tornado conservatives

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado

Lizz Winstead, comedian and creator of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” was heavily criticized after jokingly saying Monday’s deadly tornado in Oklahoma had “been ordered to only target conservatives.
“This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives,” she tweeted.

Winstead clearly did not consider the insensitivity of her disgusting joke. As of 9:45 p.m. ET, the tornado had killed at least 51 people and the death toll was expected to rise.
More than two hours after her “joke,” Winstead tweeted the following apology:
“Made a political joke, Twas before devastation revealed. In hindsight, had I understood, I would have refrained. Beyond sorry.”

Taken from http://www.theblaze....t-okla-tornado/

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,737 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

How is that any more offensive then "Katrina hit New Orleans because of Gay Marriage"?

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

So the number of deaths made a difference? she should not have said it in the first place, especially "twitting" it for the world to see. Some people just can`t keep their stupidity to themselves anymore now that twitter is here!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 21 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

How is that any more offensive then "Katrina hit New Orleans because of Gay Marriage"?

Yes, that is definitely offensive and totally out of line. I actually have heard "preachers"
Say that the reason Katrina hit New Orleans was because of voodoo. :no:
Some people are just idiots.....

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

So the number of deaths made a difference? she should not have said it in the first place, especially "twitting" it for the world to see. Some people just can`t keep their stupidity to themselves anymore now that twitter is here!

It was very stupid and, not to mention bigoted, thing to say. Didn't she have any better sense then to say something so stupid?

#5    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Well, it is kinda funny, in a very black humor kind of way.

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,390 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostKowalski, on 21 May 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Now now, that's not appropriate, God targeting Conservatives like that, the purveyors of most of God's prayers.    Trailer parks.  It's appropriate to joke that God targets trailer parks, because it's true.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,240 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostYamato, on 21 May 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Now now, that's not appropriate, God targeting Conservatives like that, the purveyors of most of God's prayers. Trailer parks.  It's appropriate to joke that God targets trailer parks, because it's true.
Reminds me of "Johnny Fever" from WKRP in Cincinatti - God HATES mobile homes, man..... :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Tornadoes....the only known predator to a trailer park.....
:)

Edited by Kowalski, 22 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#9    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

If I find someone's tweets or Facebook posts offensive I don't make a huge issue out of it. I just delete or unfollow that person. No biggie.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#10    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostKowalski, on 22 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

If you follow a tornado, or an auburn grad, you will end up in a trailer park. :innocent:

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#11    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

All you have to do is google Pat Robertson and his "outrageously offensive" declarations. And he's serious!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postninjadude, on 22 May 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

All you have to do is google Pat Robertson and his "outrageously offensive" declarations. And he's serious!

Yeah, I don't know why people listen to "preachers".....
Do people really think they have some special insight into God's mind or have some type of special knowledge that eludes us lowly mortals? I have a Bible and I can read and interpret it for myself, thank you very much. I don't need someone to tell me how I should interpret it nor how to live my life.
It's one thing to have an opinion on something, but a lot of these preachers, especially on TV, spout their opinions and then try and back it up with the Bible.....

#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostKowalski, on 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't know why people listen to "preachers".....
Do people really think they have some special insight into God's mind or have some type of special knowledge that eludes us lowly mortals?

Apparently so. The 700 club is on TV. The Bible Belt is alive and well. They are a major part of the Republican party. And Oral Roberts main thing is in Tulsa isn't it?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostKowalski, on 22 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

You post that article and go on to make a joke about dead people yourself.

Well played. :P

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#15    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I mean seriously, is that comment going to add any pain to that the victims families are already feeling? Is there someone out there who is going to say "I protest, madame, my son's trailer was thrown into a valley and he died and he was as bleeding heart as a liberal comes!"

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

Also tagged with tornado, conservatives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users