Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiders in a dream.

s33ker

So I had this dream last night where I'm in a hospital and theres a few spiders crawling around black ones.

I tell the nurse , she sprays them and they die but as I go to get back into bed theres a spiderwed on the pillow

with little baby spiders in it and they suddenly turn into big white spiders and start chasing me .

Then a doctor is running after me laughing and pulls one off my head and says that not to worry they wont hurt you.

Any meaning in this?Any replies much appreciated.

• Like 1

I had two very large white spiders in a dream last night.. dang they were spooky & quick!..

Anyhow, no idea what it means thus far, but If I find out anything will post..

btw, no more than a few minutes after I woke I went to the kitchen and vwalla, there was a large white tail spider waiting for me in the sink...

• Like 2

Well, that makes sense of by dream interpretation anyway..

Glad they weren't chasing me.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s4.htm

To see a spider in your dream indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. Alternatively, a spider refers to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider in your dream, then it symbolizes misfortune and bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will be promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are also a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To see spider eggs in a web suggest that you are not able to fully acknowledge your potential. You are being held back from expressing yourself.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

To eat a spider or dream that a spider is in your mouth symbolizes your control over a situation. You are not afraid to exert your dominance in a relationship.

http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/spider

If you were being chased by a spider then this dream demonstrates the end of innocence and you need to start to grow up as you are facing situations in an immature manner. You are trying to run from responsibility. If you are poisoned by the spider then it is time to cut your losses on a project and move forward with haste.

If in your dream the spider is a domestic pet then this indicates that events in the past is likely to close its door. This event within your life, which could be a new job which will mean new possibilities, will come into your life. You are going to take on a new project that will take over your spare time and you are happy to do so.

As tarantulas come in many shapes, colours and sizes it is important to understand the colour of the species in your dream from the 1920s dream dictionary.

Ancient dream dictionary (spider Pre-1920s)...

Seeing a spider in ones dream means that you have many enemies behind closed doors and it is time for you to be happy and move on in your life. There may be some ill luck coming your way.

• White spider = healing, hope, energy
  • Jet Black spider = dishonesty, terror, disappointment
  • Red spider = guard, happy, passion
  • Green spider = Calm, sadness, time to recover
  • Blue spider = moving on, engagement, content
  • Yellow spider = Happy, random events, strangeness
  • Striped Spider = things are not what they seem
  • Hairy spider = look under the surface for the result
  • Spider Tickling you = life is too short do what makes you happy.
  • Large spider = Things seem bigger than what they are look inside to discover your own feelings.
  • Spots on the spider = stressful times will pass.

Risks are also associated with the meaning of this dream. Therefore, you have been asked by spirit to think about the risks that you take in life thus, before you jump into a decision think a lot more carefully. If you are a woman and you have this dream it indicates that you need to be conscious of objective people around you at the moment. The most basic dream interpretation is that this is a reminder that you've had stressful times in the past and it's now time to move on.

Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of seeing a spider…

Strange, scared, creepy crawly, worried, frightened, spiders all over you which scare you, Negative energies. Respect for others. Emotional. Unable to escape from the spider. Unfulfilled. Contentment.

• Like 1

I think a lot of times the emotions you feel in the scenario in your dream are more important than the actual objects (like the spiders). Like above, a lot of times things in dreams can be symbolic. I had a really cool flying dream where I flew over a pile of tarantulas and cockroaches that were crawling all over each other. I just watched calmly as I floated over them, not scared or swayed. I took this as the dream telling me that I was able to sail over some type of fear I was having, able to notice it, not let it bother me, and moving on (which was around the corner in the dream).

Maybe your dream was saying that you may have things that are putting you in fear, but someone or something (maybe another part of you inside), portrayed by the jovial doctor, was telling you that it's alright. You should listen to him! How did you feel after he told you this? Did you feel a little relieved?

• Like 2

Thank You Professor T, the most dominant female in my life at the moment is an elderly Jehovah Witness.

I started a Bible study with her a couple of months ago and all she does is press her beliefs almost fanatically.

I am finding it really hard to tell her I don't wanna continue with it, so I do feel trapped.

Shes old and I don't wanna hurt her feelings but .......I don't see the Bible the way she does she

is actually turning me off of it(reading the Bible that is).How do I let her know nicely? Oh I'm such a coward.

• Like 1

I think a lot of times the emotions you feel in the scenario in your dream are more important than the actual objects (like the spiders). Like above, a lot of times things in dreams can be symbolic. I had a really cool flying dream where I flew over a pile of tarantulas and cockroaches that were crawling all over each other. I just watched calmly as I floated over them, not scared or swayed. I took this as the dream telling me that I was able to sail over some type of fear I was having, able to notice it, not let it bother me, and moving on (which was around the corner in the dream).

Maybe your dream was saying that you may have things that are putting you in fear, but someone or something (maybe another part of you inside), portrayed by the jovial doctor, was telling you that it's alright. You should listen to him! How did you feel after he told you this? Did you feel a little relieved?

That's true imo.. the symbolism is only part of the meaning, the essence of it is born of emotion..

In my dream I was walking, saw the web, then ducked to avoid them.

I turned and said to someone (who irl is someone I dislike) and said "Watch out, spiders.. Spiders! SPIDERS!" and she walked right through the web & ended up with a massive taranchula crawling about in her hair.. he he he... "woke up with a chuckle.."

• Like 1

Yes,it did, very relieved cause I'm terrified of spiders. Thank you for reply.

Thank You Professor T, the most dominant female in my life at the moment is an elderly Jehovah Witness.

I started a Bible study with her a couple of months ago and all she does is press her beliefs almost fanatically.

I am finding it really hard to tell her I don't wanna continue with it, so I do feel trapped.

Shes old and I don't wanna hurt her feelings but .......I don't see the Bible the way she does she

is actually turning me off of it(reading the Bible that is).How do I let her know nicely? Oh I'm such a coward.

That's a tough one..

Personally I'd do her a favour and tell her the truth that her fanatical style is a turn off, that the interpretation of the bible is a personal thing and no two readers take the same meanings.. Thank her for her help, but say that your want your experiance with the holy book to be a personal reading, and not something shared as it was intended to be..

• Like 1

spider can mean alot of things in dream .. one of those things is a conflict inside the house you live in

and that place is not suitable for you

spider sometimes could mean a very bad person speically black one

also if spider came back to life chased you and you're runing away it could mean you will get problems with money and health

generally .. a spider does not often bode well in dreams :D

that's all i can think of

• Like 1

thnx Knight, I hope its not health related but the doctor made me feel so relieved .

• 1 year later...

Well I have read your dream about the spider is so awful, because I have dream like this too in last month night and I have searched the dreams meaning on online dream dictionaries for my satisfaction and get the reason and lesson behind this.

I’m not a dream interpreter however what I’m observing about the O.P dream is:-

Doctor laughing could be a hint about a health issue not being taken seriously.

Spiders like most other insects are (Falsely thought to be) bugs hence it could be an indication of an infection which is often labelled as a bug of some kind…Flu bug etc.

Edited by Meridian O