Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#151    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 May 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

I really thought that when Sam
Spoiler
  I so love the acting in this show that it makes every episode a gem.  Can't wait for *snip* and at the same time don't want to see it but I am sure now that it will be this season.
I have been waiting for this to happen ,since the first five minutes of the first episode of season one !

Miss me?

#152    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

This episode was rather tame compared to the two before it
I can't do spoiler clips on here . So I can't ramble about what I found interesting ,but lets just say I could literally feel my  muscles and lungs screaming ,and the sheer exhaustion ,after one particular scene  :):

Miss me?

#153    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I can't do spoiler clips on here . So I can't ramble about what I found interesting ,but lets just say I could literally feel my  muscles and lungs screaming ,and the sheer exhaustion ,after one particular scene  :):
just type this  [s]  and at the end of your thought type another [s] but put a / in front of the s.

Edited by Merc14, 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#154    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostMerc14, on 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

just type this  [s]  and at the end of your thought type another [s] but put a / in front of the s.
That's all ? Oh, that's easy . I'm on a cell phone ,so most things are not copy and pastable etc .

Miss me?

#155    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

View PostMerc14, on 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

To use the spoiler tags use the following formula :)

[spoiler]

This is a spoiler - type whatever spoiler you wish to ramble bout :)

[/spoiler]
Without the Code Tags, the comment looks as follows :

Spoiler

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Paranoid Android, 08 May 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#156    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

My bad PA, thanks for the correction.

#157    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Gotcha PA !
No sweat Merc .

Miss me?

#158    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Who else is extremely impressed by the way Season 3 is building?  I'm really enjoying the story arcs of the characters.  Danaerys is becoming far far far more interesting than her Season 2 storyline, in fact I can't think of a poor storyline in any of the characters.  Every time I see Dany's story I get goosebumps waiting to see what will happen.  Three more episodes until the season is finished, and already it's feeling far too short.  I'm hoping they'll do the smart thing and make episode 10 a movie-length episode - that would be about all they can do to really do justice to Season 3.

All players are now in place for:

Spoiler

Looking forward to how they approach these events over the next couple of episodes.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#159    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Joffrey (don't know the actor's name) played his part perrfectly.  Arrogant, nasty, childish, petty and scared of grandpa all at the same time.  Tywin walking across teh hall and mounting the stairs was great too.   I think he is starting to wonder if he can control this thing.

Edited by Merc14, 13 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#160    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostMerc14, on 13 May 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Joffrey (don't know teh actor's name) played his part perrfectly.  Arrogant, nasty, childish, petty and scared of grandpa all at the same time.  Tywin walking across teh hall and mounting the stairs was great too.   I think he is starting to wonder if he can control this thing.
I have to admit, the scene in the last episode where Joffrey

Spoiler

managed to shock and intrigue me both at the same time.  The guy who plays Joffrey (also not sure his name) has managed to endear himself as one of the most unliked characters in any show ever made on television.  And by that, I mean it in a positive way - he's unliked because he's so good and making us hate him.

Posted Image

#161    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

The fear in his eyes while trying to appear regal and all powerful as Grandpa made the long walk was brilliant.   The Dragons were also brilliantly done, they looked so real my jaw dropped.  Are they animotronics, CGI, both?

#162    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostMerc14, on 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

The fear in his eyes while trying to appear regal and all powerful as Grandpa made the long walk was brilliant.   The Dragons were also brilliantly done, they looked so real my jaw dropped.  Are they animotronics, CGI, both?
Indeed, but honestly, I'd be afraid of Tywin Lannister regardless of who I was.  He's a tough bugger, that's for certain.

I agree the dragons are brilliant.  I don't know much about computer technology, but I assumed they were CGI.  It's the cheapest way to get that kind of thing these days, and with growing technology it's becoming more realistic provided it's used in small doses.  A little CGI makes it look amazing.  A lot of CGI makes it look like every other Hollywood blockbuster made in the past five years :)  Could have it wrong, as noted I don't know much about computer technology

Posted Image

#163    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Indeed, but honestly, I'd be afraid of Tywin Lannister regardless of who I was.  He's a tough bugger, that's for certain.

I agree the dragons are brilliant.  I don't know much about computer technology, but I assumed they were CGI.  It's the cheapest way to get that kind of thing these days, and with growing technology it's becoming more realistic provided it's used in small doses.  A little CGI makes it look amazing.  A lot of CGI makes it look like every other Hollywood blockbuster made in the past five years :)  Could have it wrong, as noted I don't know much about computer technology

Ok, CGI according to Emilia Clarke (Dany).  http://www.huffingto..._n_2997238.html  and I agree, they are using  just the right mix of CGI and real world to make this thing a spectacle, like teh unsullied lining the road for miles.

#164    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostMerc14, on 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

That scene showed ,who is *really* in charge .As it isn't Joffrey .
Love the dragons . Love them .

Miss me?

#165    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 13 May 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Who else is extremely impressed by the way Season 3 is building?  I'm really enjoying the story arcs of the characters.  Danaerys is becoming far far far more interesting than her Season 2 storyline, in fact I can't think of a poor storyline in any of the characters.  Every time I see Dany's story I get goosebumps waiting to see what will happen.  Three more episodes until the season is finished, and already it's feeling far too short.  I'm hoping they'll do the smart thing and make episode 10 a movie-length episode - that would be about all they can do to really do justice to Season 3.

All players are now in place for:

Spoiler

Looking forward to how they approach these events over the next couple of episodes.
I dont think that will work, it would remove the quickness of the drama and tension, it's like BAM BAM BAM!!! straight to the point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users