Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Israel hiding the source of Christianity?

Big Bad Voodoo

In one corner stands the Israeli archaeological establishment represented by the Israel Antiquities Authority and Professor Amos Kloner of Bar-Ilan University, backed by various respected archaeologists and scholars. In the other stands Simcha Jacobovici, the filmmaker and self-styled “Naked Archaeologist,” backed by another group of respected archaeologists and scholars.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/89182/

God forbid that it was ever discovered that Jesus was a mere mortal,Christianity would be destroyed overnight.

We can but hope..

The catholics hide it too .

If the truth of Christ ever came out,people would go insane ,worldwide .

I'm not saying I know the truth ,but if you've studied enough religions,it becomes apparent ,that everything is not what it seems.

If you take the bible for instance,given how many eons after the death or Christ ,most of it was written,how can anyone honestly believe,much of it ,isn't all exaggerated gossip and anecdotal tales ,made up by others .

It's common sense .

God forbid that it was ever discovered that Jesus was a mere mortal,Christianity would be destroyed overnight.

and to play the devils advocate, what if the evidence pointed in the opposite direction, that he was the son of god? :w00t:

• Like 1

and to play the devils advocate, what if the evidence pointed in the opposite direction, that he was the son of god? :w00t:

He'd have failed the Challenge as well.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Very unlikely,that would depend on wether he died on the Cross and then came back to life,or maybe after being on the only 2 or 3 hours or so.He was then taken down hidden away and then made to look like he was miraculously resurrected.

My money is on the latter.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

Christ is always a 'mere' mortal, and also the Son of God. If you miss this, you miss the essence of Jesus: he is called 'the Christ' not because he gets crucified but because he represents, in perfect form, the crossing of the mundane and divine that is there, but masked by original sin, in all humans. We are all the Prodigal Sons of God and He wants to welcome us back like the Prodigal's father did if we can only grasp that crossing - that membership in the divine family - already within us.

Or so the theory goes. My gland of belief is more than a little shrivelled, but I still get irritated at people who don't have a clue about what they're mocking. It is fundamentally disrespectful of yourself to speak from ignorance.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

Christ is always a 'mere' mortal, and also the Son of God. If you miss this, you miss the essence of Jesus: he is called 'the Christ' not because he gets crucified but because he represents, in perfect form, the crossing of the mundane and divine that is there, but masked by original sin, in all humans. We are all the Prodigal Sons of God and He wants to welcome us back like the Prodigal's father did if we can only grasp that crossing - that membership in the divine family - already within us.

Or so the theory goes. My gland of belief is more than a little shrivelled, but I still get irritated at people who don't have a clue about what they're mocking. It is fundamentally disrespectful of yourself to speak from ignorance.

There's a gland for it ? Who knew .

The Bible states that when He returns "all the tribes of the earth will mourn at His coming". When I was much younger that statement puzzled me but it's very clear now. The world in my brief lifetime has gone from simple doubt to anger and near hatred for even the concept of a God who expects worship. Nevertheless I still believe the statement that "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" It won't be voluntary at that point, it's just that there won't be an ability to doubt or deny any longer. That isn't intended to offend anyone. I find it interesting that we will have to be saved from our own created "nature" or we would surely destroy ourselves. I don't understand that. But I'm willing to accept that I know only a little and that more will be revealed as I go along. It makes for a really interesting question, I think. Are we so willful as a species that we would make war against a "dictator" that truly had our best interests at heart? Are we so needful of having our own way, even if it will kill us, that we would not abide by a simple set of rules? Apparently we will.

Maybe they do have a clue, that is why they reject it?

The Bible states that when He returns "all the tribes of the earth will mourn at His coming". When I was much younger that statement puzzled me but it's very clear now. The world in my brief lifetime has gone from simple doubt to anger and near hatred for even the concept of a God who expects worship.

A self-fulfilling prophecy, drum on about something long enough and people will begin to hate it.