Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Debate reactions

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

So first reaction this wasn't a debate this was sharing personal stories. And man Romney walked all over that moderator :P

In all I think Romney took this one. Not because he won but because Obama lost. Romney put out a lot of crap and Obama just let it slide instead of nailing him to the wall. Was popping in and out but a few points I noted:

Romney wants to get rid of PBS? Why do you hate Big Bird?

Umm...Romney? It's cool that you love green energy, but coal and oil aren't green energy.

Good that Obama pointed out Obamacare is basically Romneycare.

See Obama has just given up and is calling it Obamacare now.

We have to control spending! But for the love of God never touch military funding!

It's great that you want to work with Dems Romney...you might want to tell your party that.

Grade schools so parents can pick the good ones? So the bad schools would close and the good schools would become overcrowded and fail. Awesome.

Obama kept going to his happy place. He knew he was in a debate right?

So a good boost for Romney, though time will tell if it's enough to do him any good.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Umm...Romney? It's cool that you love green energy, but coal and oil aren't green energy.

Yet, the government created green energy companies are just giant money sucking pits... :/ That being said, the US does need green technology, but the current methods just don't seem the way to go.

That being said, Obama seemed to have gotten steam-rolled today...

~

Edit:

Romney wants to get rid of PBS? Why do you hate Big Bird?

Cuz bigbird is bloody creepy :unsure2:

Also - I just don't think Obama is good at being challenged with point blank questions anymore... >.>

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 04 October 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#3    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

get a grip Corp... it's just a reality show... the Presidential Reality Show... lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#4    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Big bird's voice always annoyed me, even when I was a kid. Send the bird off to KFC and be done with it. :devil:

#5    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

Big bird's voice always annoyed me, even when I was a kid. Send the bird off to KFC and be done with it. :devil:

I second this motion :devil: :sk

#6    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Great fun to watch.  Watching MSNBC afterwards was LOL funny.  They were apoplectic and Chris Matthews may have had a blood vessel burst.  Listen, this was predictable.  Obama was mollycoddled in his debates with Hillary (even SNL joked about it) and he has been protected and insulated for the last 4 years,  He hasn't been challenged by the press until Univision asked some hard questions.  The result is this soft, silly, angry man-child that acted like he shouldn't have to put up with these peons challenging his authority.  Poor Barry actually has a record to run on now and it SUCKS,  BTW, blaming Bush doesn't work any longer, even Barry's team realizes that now.

So the big threat is Obama will be more assertive and angry the next time.  GOOD, bring it on.  That is what we are hoping for.  I want to see the real Obama pop out and attack when challenged.  This was the worst performance I have ever witnessed by a sitting president and that is because the media has let their special guy get soft.  Live by the sword, die by the sword, lefties and you guys mollycoddled this loser for 5 years.  Now you see the result.  He kept looking for the prompter, which was hilarious.  Good luck defending that crash and burn.

Edited by Merc14, 04 October 2012 - 04:00 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#7    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Don't really like either one, and a good amount of there speaking points were unsubstantiated crap; but Romeny seemed to actually have a plan besides "More of the last 4 years and hope it works this time!" also Obama just seemed to not even want to be there, in mind body, or anything else; get that man a frikking Expresso STAT!!!!!! Also LEAVE BIG BIRD ALONE!!!!!!!!

#8    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Did Barack light up a smoke ? Would make a great pic.

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,740 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I missed most of it. I hope there is a youtube recording or some news site that has the whole thing.

Sounds brutal. But then Obama had been putting out for the last couple days that he wanted people to not expect too much from him. Claimed he was not a good debater. Maybe he was right?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

View Postacidhead, on 04 October 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

get a grip Corp... it's just a reality show... the Presidential Reality Show... lol

Can we vote both of them off the island?

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,976 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Mitt seemed to have a pulse tonight.  He gave no quarter and Oby seemed almost too polite.  I think he got over coached on holding his temper.  He lets his arrogance out for a run occasionally and I think he knows that THAT might be the only thing that can lose him this election.  Has to keep up the nice guy image.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,952 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

I agree Romney won based on expectations, which were a lot higher for Obama than for Romney.   It was a competitive debate but like boxing, you have to beat the champion if you want to pull out a win, and unfortunately for Romney, he needs a dramatic moment that cuts Obama bone-deep and he didn't even nick him that I could tell.  

This late in the fight, Romney needs a knockout.   He didn't get one.   We'll see what the poll results pan out to be.  I expect more competitive numbers from Romney but nothing that will come close to bringing victory in November.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#13    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,380 posts

• ראה

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Those clearly coached smiles that President Obama nervously emitted, reminded me of  when Chris Rock makes fun of his own ethnicity. Sometimes, you can be a little too prepared.

I suspect this will hurt him, especially with the guilty white vote.

On the other hand, Romulus seemed more in control of his affluent grin. Someone gave him a Reagan reality check, and it paid off.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 04 October 2012 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

I missed all of it, no sense in staying up until the wee hours just to hear same old repeated with different facial expressions and trained gestures.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#15    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostYamato, on 04 October 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I agree Romney won based on expectations, which were a lot higher for Obama than for Romney.   It was a competitive debate but like boxing, you have to beat the champion if you want to pull out a win, and unfortunately for Romney, he needs a dramatic moment that cuts Obama bone-deep and he didn't even nick him that I could tell.  

This late in the fight, Romney needs a knockout.   He didn't get one.   We'll see what the poll results pan out to be.  I expect more competitive numbers from Romney but nothing that will come close to bringing victory in November.

The problem with your analogy is "the champ" has never had a real fight and he sucks when winging it.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users