Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A ghostly call for time? CCTV footage

Still Waters

Spooked pub staff believe their bar is haunted by the ghost of a former drinker who recently died - after its bell appeared to signal last orders by itself.

Bar workers believe the spirit of Nigel Harris, 64, is ringing time from beyond the grave at

Exmouth Rugby Club in Devon.

They say the last order bell has been sounding unmanned and believe Mr Harris, a popular customer of 30 years who recently passed away, is haunting them.

http://www.dailymail...ing-nearby.html

• Like 3

Oh my that was creepy...I mean you can clearly see it ringing BY ITSELF in the video in the link.

Even in death you still can't get men to leave the bar. :)

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 5

Bar takings down a bit, Frank? Nothing like a bit of supernatural publicity, is there? Why not give Derek Acorah a ring?

Just a thought - Why not cut down on the number of obese bar-staff that seem to be on duty? They must cost a fortune to feed!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

Just can't stand to leave the place behind. Wonder if he felt the same about his family.

Bar takings down a bit, Frank? Nothing like a bit of supernatural publicity, is there? Why not give Derek Acorah a ring?

I God, NO! Just no. That man has some serious issues.

Just can't stand to leave the place behind. Wonder if he felt the same about his family.

Typical man...

Hmmmm.....

One would think with this kind of ongoing evidence, a University, and / or credible Scientists would be called in to have a look.

Who would not want this to be real?......And be the one to have the proof?

Can not do that when you are faking things......

Hmmmm.....

One would think with this kind of ongoing evidence, a University, and / or credible Scientists would be called in to have a look.

That would scare away the ghost.

NO NOT HAVING IT. Watch from 0.36 just before the bell rings, there is no rope hanging down, it looks as if the rope was put on the shelf (loosely) and then when it fell it obviously rang the bell, the girls did not notice that the rope was NOT hanging down before the bell rang....but i did.sticking-out-tongue-emoticon.gif

ps: Honey Boo Boo is not cute.

Such poor quality could easily have fishing wire attached to it and having every one playing along with it.

This reminds me of ANOTHER bar video.

• Like 1

Their reactions are ridiculous.

Casually come around the corner and look at bell with wonder on face? Yeah if there's a strong wind.

Have it ring LOUDLY in the middle of the night with everthing shut with force and catch a frightened reaction and I won't roll my eyes so hard they nearly get stuck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Their reactions are ridiculous.

Casually come around the corner and look at bell with wonder on face? Yeah if there's a strong wind.

Have it ring LOUDLY in the middle of the night with everthing shut with force and catch a frightened reaction and I won't roll my eyes so hard they nearly get stuck.

It looked like a rope that was connected to the bell itself, which wouldn't moved like that with a gust s of wind. If it were wind gusts something else would have moved. Napkins, paper, cocktail straws, something would have blown around. I think it's far more likely that it's fishing wire, as Brian suggested, and if it were, I'd assume the patrons (if they were even open) would see it. However, with low quality of film, it's very difficult to tell.

• Like 1

It looked like a rope that was connected to the bell itself, which wouldn't moved like that with a gust s of wind. If it were wind gusts something else would have moved. Napkins, paper, cocktail straws, something would have blown around. I think it's far more likely that it's fishing wire, as Brian suggested, and if it were, I'd assume the patrons (if they were even open) would see it. However, with low quality of film, it's very difficult to tell.

Oh no, I see the string, I was just saying the reaction is as if it were a gust a wind or some other ringing from a natural phenomenon.

If it were an unexpected loud ring of a supernatural nature, the reactions would have been different. More shocked and retreating methinks.

Oh no, I see the string, I was just saying the reaction is as if it were a gust a wind or some other ringing from a natural phenomenon.

If it were an unexpected loud ring of a supernatural nature, the reactions would have been different. More shocked and retreating methinks.

I see what you mean, I wondered if there was a use for the bell though? Maybe if an order was up they'd ring the bell. They weren't shocked until the girl went over and looked around the corner to see that no one was there. That's how it looked to me, but it also doesn't look like there's anyone in the bar either.

I see what you mean, I wondered if there was a use for the bell though? Maybe if an order was up they'd ring the bell. They weren't shocked until the girl went over and looked around the corner to see that no one was there. That's how it looked to me, but it also doesn't look like there's anyone in the bar either.

If I was a ghost I'd ring that bell so hard it would nearly come off the wall. But hey that's just me. I'm mean dead or alive.

• Like 1