Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What do you yourself as?

mirror

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm a guy who really likes TeamFortress2 and anime and card games and DnD... I guess I'm a nerd. A buffish nerd who likes to argue, but not without good reason.

Posted Image

#17    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostOdd Requiem, on 12 June 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

I am a disaster in the making.

I wish I were a cheeseburger.

Odd, Disasters always bring togetherness in the end. :) , I'm glad I'm not a cheeseburger lol.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#18    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Odd; when I look at the sky I see the sky.  Maybe it's because of how you spell it.

It's how he sees himself, its a different perspective frank :). How do you see yourself? Who is frank?

#19    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostRatte, on 12 June 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

I'm a guy who really likes TeamFortress2 and anime and card games and DnD... I guess I'm a nerd. A buffish nerd who likes to argue, but not without good reason.

Simple and awesome!

#20    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostJessem, on 12 June 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Simple and awesome!
Thanks! Simple is good. Doesn't mean I can't contemplate the complexities of the universe or appreciate the efforts behind the technologies we take for granted every day, though.

I probably also should have mentioned that I'm a "gothic redneck". I usually wear a black t-shirt and black pants with a plaid flannel. It's hard to catch me without a plaid over shirt. I also take offense when people are shocked that I'm not stupid just because I have a southern drawl.

Posted Image

#21    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostRatte, on 12 June 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Thanks! Simple is good. Doesn't mean I can't contemplate the complexities of the universe or appreciate the efforts behind the technologies we take for granted every day, though.

I probably also should have mentioned that I'm a "gothic redneck". I usually wear a black t-shirt and black pants with a plaid flannel. It's hard to catch me without a plaid over shirt. I also take offense when people are shocked that I'm not stupid just because I have a southern drawl.

All the idiosiyncrocies make you simply you. Honestly, you sound like some poeple I know and who are awesome!

#22    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,618 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Odd; when I look at the sky I see the sky.  Maybe it's because of how you spell it.

Ole english, are rose by any other name is still a rose.

I am a Pantheist, everything is "God" and so am I. I am the Universe looking at itself. If you sit under a tree long enough, it will tell you. ;)

This old road has been my lifeline,

My companion and my friend.

Like a rope around the universe,

Ain’t no beginning ain’t no end.

Out across the constellations,

There’s a place behind the sun.

Everything is connected,

Everything and everyone.

(John Forgerty, Mystic Highway)

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#23    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I am energy; A life force whose soul-purpose is to achieve balance with the universe and positively affect all around me.

#24    rimbaudelaire

rimbaudelaire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Combining Whitman's words with a few of my own: "Do I contradict myself/I must contradict myself/I contain multitudes" yet I do my best to be as humble as I can.

#25    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 12 June 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ole english, are rose by any other name is still a rose.

I am a Pantheist, everything is "God" and so am I. I am the Universe looking at itself. If you sit under a tree long enough, it will tell you. ;)

This old road has been my lifeline,

My companion and my friend.

Like a rope around the universe,

Ain’t no beginning ain’t no end.

Out across the constellations,

There’s a place behind the sun.

Everything is connected,

Everything and everyone.

(John Forgerty, Mystic Highway)

Ahh, Panthiesm is very interesting. I do like this poem!

Very Nice DW :tu:

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I am energy; A life force whose soul-purpose is to achieve balance with the universe and positively affect all around me.

Very good goal AD7! You must have a very dram-free life then :)

View Postrimbaudelaire, on 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Combining Whitman's words with a few of my own: "Do I contradict myself/I must contradict myself/I contain multitudes" yet I do my best to be as humble as I can.

Beautiful words of wisdom!

#26    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,079 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I read the thread title and now have an earworm..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#27    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,489 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I am a deep thinker. My spirit is bigger than I am and thinks even deeper than I do and so at times its very heavy. My face wrinkles up everyday as I hold back my tears. I cry easily, like when I see an old man smiling at a child or at small birds singing around thier congregation bush. I dont cry for long though, just enough to let the nettles poke my eyes and I laugh even easier. All my days are full of laughter. I do not watch the news. I am fighting something I dont want to share here but I feel like I have slipped on a new pair of shoes and im walking in the same direction I was always headed in but now at a more sure pace. I am not looking at the hiding places on the sides of the roads that would make me feel small but straight ahead toward a promise. I am walking in the rain and I like the rain. The sun, when it comes out are the days of miracles.

I know who I am on the inside but I dont know who I am on the outside. My innerself has grown and my outerself is manifesting. I am really smart, naturally intuitive. I have not accomplished a lot as far as material wealth or mass production but I have abundant heart and I know it because everyday its overflowing. I am changing. I have more than one story and the biggest part is still being written.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 22 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#28    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 22 June 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

I am a deep thinker. My spirit is bigger than I am and thinks even deeper than I do and so at times its very heavy. My face wrinkles up everyday as I hold back my tears. I cry easily, like when I see an old man smiling at a child or at small birds singing around thier congregation bush. I dont cry for long though, just enough to let the nettles poke my eyes and I laugh even easier. All my days are full of laughter. I do not watch the news. I am fighting something I dont want to share here but I feel like I have slipped on a new pair of shoes and im walking in the same direction I was always headed in but now at a more sure pace. I am not looking at the hiding places on the sides of the roads that would make me feel small but straight ahead toward a promise. I am walking in the rain and I like the rain. The sun, when it comes out are the days of miracles.

I know who I am on the inside but I dont know who I am on the outside. My innerself has grown and my outerself is manifesting. I am really smart, naturally intuitive. I have not accomplished a lot as far as material wealth or mass production but I have abundant heart and I know it because everyday its overflowing. I am changing. I have more than one story and the biggest part is still being written.

I love this alot Spirit. :yes:

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,489 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostJessem, on 30 June 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

I love this alot Spirit. :yes:

:)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,976 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I guess I'm a spring shower raining on sentimental parades.

Also tagged with mirror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users