Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul: “The CIA Runs Everything”

acidhead

January 18, 2010

1/15/2010 Excerpt from the Campaign for Liberty Regional Conference in Atlanta, GA.

Paul’s comments, made last weekend, were met with a loud round of applause, but they didn’t gather attention until bloggers noticed a clip of the event at YouTube.

Paul appeared to be referring to news reports that the CIA is deeply involved in air strikes against Al Qaeda targets in Afghanistan and Pakistan. A suicide bombing late last year against Forward Operating Base Chapman in Afghanistan took the lives of seven of CIA operatives, including two contracted from Blackwater. The event highlighted the CIA’s deep involvement in the war effort.

Paul’s reference to the CIA being “in the drug business” refers to long-running allegations that the CIA has funded some of its covert operations with proceeds from drug-running. That claim was most famously made in a 1996 investigative report from the San Jose Mercury-News, which alleged that cocaine from the Contra-Sandinista civil war in Nicaragua was making its way to the streets of L.A. via the CIA.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• AROCES

• Pseudo Intellectual

• Cadetak

i was actually going to post this earlier... beat me to it acid! :angry2:

he's not far wrong. the CIA have probably been, for around half a century, the most destructive force on this earth (excluding mother nature of course, ahem).

they are a massive hinderance to any sort of peace wherever they travel, which seems to be everywhere.

A suicide bombing late last year against Forward Operating Base Chapman in Afghanistan took the lives of seven of CIA operatives, including two contracted from Blackwater.

CIA working for Blackwater? Or do you think its the other way around?

Damn, I'm kinda worried about Ron Paul. This kinda talk will get him killed. He is a brave guy for saying this though and he's right. When you have an entity that answers to no one you are going to have serious problems. Get rid of the CIA and audit the Federal Reserve NOW.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Damn, I'm kinda worried about Ron Paul. This kinda talk will get him killed. He is a brave guy for saying this though and he's right. When you have an entity that answers to no one you are going to have serious problems. Get rid of the CIA and audit the Federal Reserve NOW.

Replace the CIA with what?

Or do you think intelligence is not needed?

Replace the CIA with what?

Or do you think intelligence is not needed?

I take it you don't agree with Dr. Paul then. The CIA is to big and to corrupt to do anything about so don't worry Aroces ;)

The CIA is on a certain level a necessary evil, so I say you had it backwards: get rid of the Federal Reserve and audit the CIA.

I like many of the things Ron Paul says, yet he refuses to run as anything but a republican, that makes me a little weary of him.

The CIA is on a certain level a necessary evil, so I say you had it backwards: get rid of the Federal Reserve and audit the CIA.

I like many of the things Ron Paul says, yet he refuses to run as anything but a republican, that makes me a little weary of him.

OK I would go along with that as well ;) Ron Paul would, if I was an American get my vote if he ran again no matter the party. He doesn't really speak like a Republican nor act like you typical elephant in a room. Have you heard if he will run again? I haven't heard anything yet with all this Palin chatter.

What a lunatic. It's hard to believe people like him are in Congress.

It's even harder to believe who can become president lol but can I ask why you say that of Ron? Not sure what he does to make you think he's a lunatic.

How about saying we deserved 9/11?

Ron Paul didn't say we deserved to be attacked. He said our foreign interventionist policy has created the hatred toward us that led to the attacks.

OK I would go along with that as well ;) Ron Paul would, if I was an American get my vote if he ran again no matter the party. He doesn't really speak like a Republican nor act like you typical elephant in a room. Have you heard if he will run again? I haven't heard anything yet with all this Palin chatter.

I doubt he will because for all his merits he still does not stand a chance at winning.

It's even harder to believe who can become president lol but can I ask why you say that of Ron? Not sure what he does to make you think he's a lunatic.

I wouldn't say lunatic but I believe that there is that chance that Ron is a lil crazy and would go extreme on everybody if ever elected. He seems like a man with an ideal but not a man with a plan.

Edited by Cadetak

I doubt he will because for all his merits he still does not stand a chance at winning.

You are right as his own party wouldn't back him now and ya third party, good luck. Damn shame as that would be an actual change. I don't see him as the puppet so much and there is no way a nation building organization such as the CIA would allow it.

Ron Paul didn't say we deserved to be attacked. He said our foreign interventionist policy has created the hatred toward us that led to the attacks.

That also is crazy.

That also is crazy.

Says the crazy dude lol You don't actually think thats what Paul ment do you?

That also is crazy.

It's crazy to believe that when someone hates you, they hate you for a reason, or that something led to them hating you, and it isn't the result of a random chemical reaction in their brains?

It's crazy to believe that when someone hates you, they hate you for a reason, or that something led to them hating you, and it isn't the result of a random chemical reaction in their brains?

No. It's crazy to believe that no enemy of the United States ever acts on his own initiative, for reasons ideological or otherwise; they merely react to the many wrongs we’ve supposedly done them.

So, what does he suggest we do nothing anymore since soemone hates us now or just do things that no will hate us?

If ever Ron Paul becomes President and when he finds out what will happen if we do as he wishes, wont be long before his supporters will be hating him instead for not doing what he preaches.

Obama is a perfect example. I did not vote for the Iraq war and blah,blah, blah. And we are still there.

I will tax the rich more and invest on the low income to grow the economy. Been a year now and he is afraid to tax the rich. So far he raised tobacco tax, and guess who got hit, the rich?

Edited by AROCES

No. It's crazy to believe that no enemy of the United States ever acts on his own initiative, for reasons ideological or otherwise; they merely react to the many wrongs we’ve supposedly done them.

Well every action is the result of consequences and conditions created from the previous action.

Like you choose to go potty because you ate too many tacos too fast...which makes you destroy your toilet. Although its mostly your own responsibility the crappy tacos from Taco Bell are what caused the the toilet explosion.

So 9/11 happened partly because of our own doing although the responsibility is on the damn terrorists.

So, what does he suggest we do nothing anymore since soemone hates us now or just do things that no will hate us?

If ever Ron Paul becomes President and when he finds out what will happen if we do as he wishes, wont be long before his supporters will be hating him instead for not doing what he preaches.

So you like having a shadow government waste your money and your people. Don't make me post regime change. Who hates you and why? who funded the folks that now hate you? who perpetuates a war that creates the hate? They don't (your so called enemies) hate you, they hate that you want to change them for monitary gain. Let them be, and the same for them as we don't need to be involved in a system 400 yrs out of date. It's silly to think we can change such a system as there's.

So you like having a shadow government waste your money and your people. Don't make me post regime change. Who hates you and why? who funded the folks that now hate you? who perpetuates a war that creates the hate? They don't (your so called enemies) hate you, they hate that you want to change them for monitary gain. Lets them be and same for them as we don't need to be involved in a system 400 yrs out of date. It's silly to think we can change such a system as there's.

Tell me, are we there simply because we want them to change for they are not trendy or in fashion?

Or the society they have is causing problem to world commerce? Either we wipe them out or try to influence them so they dont continue on their business as usual. It is foolish to think where you are will be safe and will not be affected if the world Oil supply get in the hand of those who are against our way of life.

Edited by AROCES

Well every action is the result of consequences and conditions created from the previous action.

Or maybe, just maybe, some people hate America and want to destroy it because of what it stands for.

Tell me, are we there simply because we want them to change for they are not trendy or in fashion?

Or the society they have is causing problem to world commerce? Either we wipe them out or try to influence them so they dont continue on their business as usual. It is foolish to think where you are will be safe and will not be affected if the world Oil supply get in the hand of those who are against our way of life.

So you are saying that the U.S. has a right to rape and pilage nations that don't want to share there oil? Is that what you are saying Aroces. If thats the case then Ron was right you did deserve it. How dare you think you have the right to dictate to others when your nation stands for freedom. Do you think your nation is spreading democracy or a dictatorship due to economic gain. If Iraq does not want to sell you oil that is there choice not yours. You know the war is about oil so don't even go there.

Let them be as we can no longer afford the silient war we play as they play it better than us. Britain is about to fall because of there intolerance then acceptance due to the law we have established as a free people. Don't give them anymore reason to further that as we are helping "them" hurt us. Yes I said a we and us, that means I value western thinking over all others as that is the thinking that will save my ass.

Never confuse that with me as if you cared to look I am quit addiment about it. The social problems we have now stem from a shadow government aka CIA that thinks regime change is part of there everyday job and guess what. It is and it's against the law. So do you believe the law should be broken because you have to put gas in your car?