Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Nessie actually...there?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:16 AM

Okay, if you drain the loch, where are you gonna put all that water?  That is highly impracticle, no matter what you're trying to find.  

Nothing to see here.

#17    redcurran

redcurran

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:12 AM

Nessie? Sure, I think there is (or at least was) some sort of bizarre, semi-aquatic, anomalous entity living in the lake... but a relic plesiosaur? Of all the things it may have been - just about last on my list would be a cold blooded, marine reptile deciding to make its home in the frigid, freshwater climes of Ness...

A rogue, long necked seal... a slug-like creature such as the Tullimonstrum... a giant eel, sure, why not?

But a dinosaur... an air breathing dinosaur no less... I just don't buy it.

... but I still believe there's a monster in there  thumbsup.gif  

#18    fletch

fletch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:01 PM

as much as i would like to think that nessy is real i dont think he actually exists sad.gif  

pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space coz there's bugger all down here on Earth"

#19    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:17 PM

Okay...Mybe the sighting of nessie is just misidentification of other aqutic animal in the loch ness...But how about the sighting on the land....some say they have seen the loch ness monster in the land....Hmmmmm......
But what so ever i personaly dont think that the nessie is real... tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

#20    Loes

Loes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:31 PM

Hi People, I never saw Nessie myself, as didn't most of us, but I read a lot about the phenomenon. Anyway, I can't believe that all the people who saw an animal over the centuries are misleaded fools. That's far more unlikely than there being a remnant of prehistorical times, if you ask me.
As a rule, people who live on a certain spot all their lives know damned well what they are looking at, and  many of those around Loch Ness and other lakes saw the creature one way or another. They are less likely to make a fuss of it than many tourists , who can't distinguish an log from a seabird, let alone recognise a Plesiosaur, or whatever.
That some scientists are forever inclined to debunk things they don't want to be there, that's a fact of life. Another fact is that unsolved things don't go away, if we believe in them or not. So let's keep an open mind, and read a book or two.

#21    elvish~mermaid

elvish~mermaid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:26 PM

personally, i think that there definately could be a nessie, even if we don't have full evidence of it yet. just because something hasn't been caught or have concrete evidence doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, in my opinion. i mean, lots of people believe in a religion but there's not really full proof of that, is there? so whose to say that nessie doesn't exist or that all these mythical creatures dont exist, or at least did at one point?

#22    Onyx

Onyx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Earth is that which sustains all life and on which the other elements rest.

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:30 PM

totally agree with you mermaid! the stories have to come from somewhere.

Posted Image

don't worry...it's just a ghost

#23    elvish~mermaid

elvish~mermaid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:38 PM

yay! someone agrees with me!  thumbsup.gif  

#24    Lionheart

Lionheart

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:20 PM

Speaking of nessie, I have a documentary on Loch Ness, where scientists where looking at some worms on bottom called nimatoads, was a whole new species of worm , but in that documentary they showed a video some guy took that showed  nessie moving toward the far shore with cars passing by and birds flying over its head, the guy studying the  video was a expert from navy I believe he said it wasnt fake and did  several tests on the film , and it showed a big body of something swimming searching and panning for fish, so who knows. It was a Discovery Channel thing called Loch Ness Discovered.   huh.gif  be ineterested to knowing if anyone has seen this, and what they think about it - later

#25    *MoG*

*MoG*

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

• 2008 - Year of the MoG

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:26 PM

I don't know about Nessie, but some guy has just walked from one end of Lock Ness to the other in an old diving suit.  

He didn't see anything while he was down there!

#26    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Mystic Mog @ Oct 15 2003, 01:26 PM)
I don't know about Nessie, but some guy has just walked from one end of Lock Ness to the other in an old diving suit.  

He didn't see anything while he was down there!

Look,I could use a submarine,go real deep into the lake and guess what,no Nessie too!!On the other side of things,some guy may just take a walk down along the lake,not knowing what's Nessie all about,and there's Nessie right there for view.Spotting Nessie isn't just as easy as.....(snap).... like that.I bet it's even more difficult than attempting to strike a lottery.

It's all down to the right time and right place. thumbsup.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#27    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:41 PM

that is a very good thought...i never thought of it bein a ghost, but i think its too interactive to be an apparition, and not interactive enuff to be a poltergeist...i think its a couple of really big swimmin things...and they live in one of the many caves in loch ness

#28    Pickled~Tacos

Pickled~Tacos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

• The one and only brand for me!

Posted 18 October 2003 - 07:39 PM

personally, i dont give a **** about it, let it be, if it has lived this long, it certainly deserves to live in solitude.    wiggle.gif  

Posted Imagecan't get enough of the stuff

#29    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• "Insanity is the only thing left to grasp onto in this world"

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:04 AM

I think Nessie is there.  They cant search the entire loch all at one time.  Maybe nessie is just avioding them......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users