Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul to announce bid

F3SS

"Defeat the Washington machine. Unleash the American dream"

The slogan is designed to evoke populist, anti-establishment themes that would work in both the primaries and the general election.

Story Continued Below

A Paul adviser said of the slogan: “You could say that is a hat tip to Hillary — a subtle contrast to Hillary. But why wouldn’t that also apply to Jeb? Or someone who has never had a [recent] job outside elected office — Scott Walker?”

Advisers say Paul’s top issues will include a flat tax, IRS reform, term limits, privacy and justice reform.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz3WYBaJjW8

I think Cruz and Paul are what we need. Flat tax and term limits. Aces! Privacy issues are a good one and I'm not sure what justice reform means yet. I do look forward to all you staunch libertarians pulling that "R" lever though. :) I know it's gonna hurt.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 5

I'm glad Cruz is running. You always need someone to fill the batsh@$ insane role that Palin did.

• Like 3

The flat tax idea does seem to be a recurring theme with the candidates. I noticed no mention of balanced budget or reducing the national debt though.

I like Paul is seem moderate in thr right ways to me. Cruz is okay, I don't like some of his social conservative views but he ses too extreme.

Comprise is okay as long as you are actually trying to comprise and not score political points

Even if Cruz or Paul were to get into office two years from now, I seriously doubt a Flat Tax would be passed into law. I don't think the IRS would even be reformed all that much. I think these guys are making some big promises they can't keep or just talking smack to get elected, much like Obummer did and all the other candidates before him.

I suspect that his attempt to repeal Roe vs Wade via legislation will make him unelectable in a Presidential election.

Especially if he's running against a woman.

At this point - I still expect Jeb Bush to win the Republican nomination.

• Like 1

The flat tax idea does seem to be a recurring theme with the candidates. I noticed no mention of balanced budget or reducing the national debt though.

Or foreign policy

• Like 1

I think he's a strong contender. I'm tired of elections with only ranks of old men running. A fresh face what is needed.

• Like 1

Or foreign policy

He mentions these things in his annoucement speech. I listened to most of it

Edited by spartan max2

Dread Lord Lindsey Graham says Rand Paul is to the left of Obama on foreign policy. And who here believes it? Who here can even explain the difference in actionable terms?

In just hours since announcing, the media is already coming out with their reliable old poop juice they used on his dad up to 100 times a day back in '08 and '12: Paul "can't win."

• Like 1

Getting rid of the Dept. of Education and cutting pretty much all help to people that NEED it, by at least 25% in a number of departments, INCREASING military spending, and eliminating capital gains tax (the one thing that still almost applies to most of the wealthiest) does not put me in Paul's corner. Also, rampant racism and homophobia. When his dad was crazier, I would have voted for Ron - at some point they were replaced with anti-everything mandroids. What a shame.

Getting rid of the Dept. of Education and cutting pretty much all help to people that NEED it, by at least 25% in a number of departments, INCREASING military spending, and eliminating capital gains tax (the one thing that still almost applies to most of the wealthiest) does not put me in Paul's corner. Also, rampant racism and homophobia. When his dad was crazier, I would have voted for Ron - at some point they were replaced with anti-everything mandroids. What a shame.

I know how you feel. Give everybody freedom and there's always that one individual or group who will ruin it all for the rest of us.

I think Cruz and Paul are what we need. Flat tax and term limits. Aces! Privacy issues are a good one and I'm not sure what justice reform means yet. I do look forward to all you staunch libertarians pulling that "R" lever though. :) I know it's gonna hurt.

Why would staunch libertarians vote for a non-libertarian like Paul?

• Like 1

Because there's nobody as libertarian as Paul running for President in the Republican party.

How much of the left wing do you think wanted Obama over say someone more to the left?

You compromise. Everybody wants different things and have different values. No one will ever have a candidate they agree with 100 percent. Not how democracy works.

How much of the left wing do you think wanted Obama over say someone more to the left?

You compromise. Everybody wants different things and have different values. No one will ever have a candidate they agree with 100 percent. Not how democracy works.

No, that's exactly how democracy works. This isn't a democracy, bud.

A representative Republic....

A representative Republic....

You're on fire.

• Like 1

You're on fire.

Do you have anything of value to say. Or are you just trolling.

Do you have anything of value to say. Or are you just trolling.

Both. Always.

But in the future, if you want to make an insightful point about compromise in the political sphere affecting candidate choice, you should really have the system of government correct. Too easy.

I guess you didn't really listen to Rand Paul's speech...he is all about a balanced budget...wants an Amendment to the Constitution mandating that Congress balance the budget.

Finally...someone who has been saying the same things I have for ever....Balance the Budget...Term limits for Congress...spend what we take in and no more...Fiscal Sanity. He is saying all the right things. And...he appears to actually BELIEVE what he is saying..not just for political points...I think he truly, genuinely believes the right things.

• Like 3

You and Spartan are right. I went and read his speech and he does indeed mention balancing the budget quite a bit. Truthfully, out of the republican candidates he is the one that appeals to me the most.

• Like 1