Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why the US demonises Venezuela's democracy

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,753 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostStellar, on 07 October 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? You show me a couple of examples of people who worked against the US, and therefore all people who hate you must be actively trying to harm you? What kind of a ridiculous leap on in logic is that?
I wouldn't try to kid YOU Stellar!  You seem to be the one doing the generalizing here.  Obviously not every single human being that hates the US is spending their days actively planning our demise.  But the context I WAS SPEAKING IN is replete with such examples.  You become tiresome at times...almost troll like....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#32    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I wouldn't try to kid YOU Stellar!  You seem to be the one doing the generalizing here.  Obviously not every single human being that hates the US is spending their days actively planning our demise.  But the context I WAS SPEAKING IN is replete with such examples.  You become tiresome at times...almost troll like....

No no no. You are the one that said this:

So anyone that hates the US is a target in your world? You're at odds with a fair amount of it.

And proudly so. [...]

Dont try to backpeddle now.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#33    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,753 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostStellar, on 07 October 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]
No no no. You are the one that said this:

Dont try to backpeddle now.
Your statement was that I find myself at odds with a large portion of the world.  I said I was proud to be so.  I am.  Proud to be at odds with a large part of the world which I disagree with.....

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,067 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postand then, on 06 October 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

So in your world if a nation wishes you ill, works to harm you and gives aid to your enemies you would not "target" them?

because we don't want, need or can pay for war with the rest of the world. Everyone does not have to agree with you.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#35    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,476 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm sorry but this is true

#36    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,129 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

So Chavez is re-elected for a 3rd term.  Although this guy is a whack job I say he was the better choice for the average Venezualan.  It's good that he nationalized thier oil (reportedly the largest oil reserves in the world) and uses the money in social programs that hel the poorest part of thier population.  His opponent would have had the rich richer and the poor poorer.

#37    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

The guy changed the Constitution just so he could stay in power. Yeah he's a tool.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#38    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,129 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostCorp, on 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

The guy changed the Constitution just so he could stay in power. Yeah he's a tool.
If you were one of the bottom 35% income earners in Venezuala you probably wouldn't think so.

Edited to add that Ronald Regan and Bill Clinton both tried to do the same thing.

Edited by OverSword, 08 October 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#39    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 05 October 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

So, all the reports by the Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and the Organisation of American States (all Americas) on the harassment of political opponents and opposition media as well as numerous incidents involving rights activists are all just lies forced down our throats by the Evil American Empire?

I thought you and the Guardian were above such drivel.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#40    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,753 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 October 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

because we don't want, need or can pay for war with the rest of the world. Everyone does not have to agree with you.
Frankly Dude, I don't care if anyone agrees with me.  This is a personal opinion I'm stating - not a demand that policy go my way.  It seems childish for anyone to think that nations do not look after their self interest in every way possible.  If you make problems for the USA then you can expect problems in return...it works the same for any other nation that has the power to project.

#41    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,129 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postand then, on 09 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Frankly Dude, I don't care if anyone agrees with me.  This is a personal opinion I'm stating - not a demand that policy go my way.  It seems childish for anyone to think that nations do not look after their self interest in every way possible.  If you make problems for the USA then you can expect problems in return...it works the same for any other nation that has the power to project.
Not a very christian attitude.

#42    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostCorp, on 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

bloomberg did almost same thing

RESIDENT TROLL.

#43    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostOverSword, on 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

If you were one of the bottom 35% income earners in Venezuala you probably wouldn't think so.

Edited to add that Ronald Regan and Bill Clinton both tried to do the same thing.

He's done some good things but that doesn't stop him from being power hungry. Do you think it's ok that Chavez changed the laws of the country only to stay in power? Because I have a feeling that if an American president did that you'd be screaming bloody murder.

View Postaztek, on 09 October 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

bloomberg did almost same thing

So that makes it ok?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#44    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,827 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Here is what Jimmy Carter said about Venezuela's "dictatorship" a few weeks ago: "As a matter of fact, of the 92 elections that we've monitored, I would say that the election process in Venezuela is the best in the world."

Hugo said he other day "he'd vote for Obama"...... i'm starting to think Venezuela, like Iran are both false flag states for the NWO.... it's too obvious now.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#45    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,855 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Nationalizing one's oil production is the fastest way to vilify oneself in the eyes of the US government.  It was the basis for Operation Ajax overthrowing Mossadeq and resulted in the enemy we've made Iran into.   This behavior from the US government lives on with how we treat Venezuela today.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users