Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists confirm Planet X is real!

BettyTheYeti

Scientists have just confirmed that the fabled 'Planet X' is real, and is no doubt heading our way as we speak!

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2452217/A-lonely-planet-Giant-gas-world-sun-orbit-floating-space.html

So far no one can tell just how much time we have left, but our days are certainly numbered now. Let's just hope society can keep it together, and not descend into chaos, after this earth-shattering (literally) news!

More on Planet X:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_X_(disambiguation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

It's 80 lightyears away and shows no indication that it is heading our way, your source article makes no mention that it is or ever will be a threat.

It's 80 lightyears away and shows no indication that it is heading our way, your source article makes no mention that it is or ever will be a threat.

agreed, i need a respected source and dead facts that its a threat and i doubt itl happen in time for me to give a mouses butt

Please Go away...

Your ludicrous post is well just Ludicrous..

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

Why are you fear mongering?

the same reason the media does it, for attention

Scientists have just confirmed that the fabled 'Planet X' is real, and is no doubt heading our way as we speak!

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2452217/A-lonely-planet-Giant-gas-world-sun-orbit-floating-space.html

So far no one can tell just how much time we have left, but our days are certainly numbered now. Let's just hope society can keep it together, and not descend into chaos, after this earth-shattering (literally) news!

More on Planet X:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_X_(disambiguation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

Think you need to read about this planet a little more in-depth. It's no threat to us.

Why people jump to these crazy conclusions I don't know - can you tell us why Betty?

Feel silly eh?

The space probes we currently have would take apx 15,000 years to travel just one light year. I doubt any planet would be moving faster than that...so, I really don't think we have much to worry about.

Welp. like an old friend of mine once said, "If planet X doesn't get you, then planets Y and Z surely will!"

My friend's kind of an idiot.

• Like 4

Obviously we don't have anything to worry about yet, Earth is not due for its next extinction event for approximately 500 years, but that is still near enough for our descendants to worry about!

agreed, i need a respected source and dead facts that its a threat

The Daily Mail is as respectable as they come. And of course the powers-that-be won't let the media say outright that the earth is doomed in a few years. Think of what that would do to society. That is why it is up to critical thinking minds like ours to read between the lines and pick up the obvious meaning of articles like these!

Although, I do suppose ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

Obviously we don't have anything to worry about yet, Earth is not due for its next extinction event for approximately 500 years, but that is still near enough for our descendants to worry about!

500 years? Really? I didn't know it was timetabled.

The Daily Mail is as respectable as they come. And of course the powers-that-be won't let the media say outright that the earth is doomed in a few years. Think of what that would do to society. That is why it is up to critical thinking minds like ours to read between the lines and pick up the obvious meaning of articles like these!

Although, I do suppose ignorance is bliss.

I think you're confusing the terms 'critical thinking' and 'lunatic conspiracy theorist'.

• Like 6

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

( although I'm sure with as much information as we have now, the government is making its plans to save whoever they must.)

Edited by BettyTheYeti

This planet is a scientific discovery of something that was always suspected but never proven. It has absolutely nothing to do with our solar system and never will, so this thread is actually in the wrong forum.

http://www.ifa.hawai...s/LonelyPlanet/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

( although I'm sure with as much information as we have now, the government is making its plans to save whoever they must.)

You didn't read what I posted very well did you?

You didn't read what I posted very well did you?

No, I think you are the one who didn't read what I posted. More specifically:

Clearly this is something we do already know about, and just because we have a few hundred years left doesn't mean we shouldn't take this more seriously!

Would you like to explain what you are referring to? Planet X has been disproved and decades ago. You even linked to places that state the reason it was disproved or did you gloss over that. The thingy that comes every few million years ago has also been shown to not exist.

1. Find out what Voyager 2 discovered on its flyby of Neptune

2. Find out why Shoemaker showed Nemesis cannot exist

Both of those are as you say "pretty much common knowledge by now"

Maybe its on a very very large orbit. Could it be orbiting a black hole? Could it be a death star?

I like [the artists impression the colour is pretty.

shocked-koala.jpg

What a stupid thread.

this-is-a-spiderman-thread-now-nV4Kzz.jpg

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

We are in the sixth extinction event. Nature may be using huhmans to cause and rescue some. Those animals that can adjust to us being in charge will survive and those who can't won't. Same options given during the last five times. Somme animals are thriving under our rule some aren't.

• Like 1

Planet x is haleys comet. Ever now and then it has a short or no tail as seen from earth. But the carona is nice and big.

Planet x is haleys comet. Ever now and then it has a short or no tail as seen from earth. But the carona is nice and big.

Halley's comet cannot be Planet X. It does not have sufficient mass.

Maybe its on a very very large orbit. Could it be orbiting a black hole? Could it be a death star?

I like [the artists impression the colour is pretty.

If Planet X were orbiting a black hole then it would not be orbiting the Sun.

Dinosaurs went extinct 66 million years ago and this planet was only formed 12 million years ago, so it obviously travelled back in time to wipe out the dino's

Edited by jules99
  • Like 2

Halley's comet cannot be Planet X. It does not have sufficient mass.

If Planet X were orbiting a black hole then it would not be orbiting the Sun.

It is true that a comet does not have much mass. But, the empire that reported it, babylon couldn't have known it mass just its size. And, it may not have been haleys but it was a comet or several.

Planet X couldn't be Halley's Comet since the latter never gets even 1 light-year away from the sun.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt