Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can god make a rock to big for him to left

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#136    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• people say I'm crazy (chapman/lennon)

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostGummug, on 20 March 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

No, Bom shankra, I wasn't trying to rub your nose in it...really!  It just tickled my funny bone, especially with the smileys. But then, I'm easily amused. Peace to you.
:)
sorry gummug, i suffer from delusional paranoia...

BTW, your profile quote is slightly wrong, I think the correct version is 'Theres more things in tennesse than are dreamt of in your philosophy' ( Lux Interior - The Cramps)

Callin' all cows down on the farm!
Hey! Shut the door...you born in a barn?!
I ain't no farmer...that's no fun.
Run some tractor till the work's all done.
Hey milk it bossie I'll buy ya a diamon ring.
Now good girls can't play the rent these days.
These cornfed dames done found a way.
Unzip that zipper...snap that snap.
Round up the cattle in the Cadillac.
Whip that cream baby 'til the butter comes.
Shake it baby shake it baby shake it baby shake it (4 times)
Shake that thing I'll buy ya a diamond ring.
Now there's more things in Tennessee.
Than's a dreamed of in your philosophy.
Gimme a barnful of cornfed dames.
They wiggle a little I burst into flames.
Whip that cream baby til the butter comes.
Callin' all you cornfed dames.
Lux means bucks...remember the name.
Go put on some n'real loud.
Let's get up and go get plowed.
Shake that thing I might buy you a diamond ring.
Go put on the purple one with the plumes at the hip.
Put it on upside down baby.
You know that really makes me flip.
...I ain't no farmer.
:clap:

Whats happening here? I can't add URL links on my signature (to legal streeming music sites such as smithsonian folkways radio / adelaide community "3D radio - 5DDD") -  have I been disabled???, I did post a link to a bob dylan video on my 'profile feed' a few weeks ago that might have been dubious, it got deleted, by someone anyway, very sorry guys!!! But why did the legitimate links on my signature also get wiped? - and I say, I seem to be disabled now :td: .

#137    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 20 March 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

you got to prove it ...  prove it .......

Atheism is just as irrastional as christianity IMO, you can't prove something doesn't exist because you don't have evidence, you can only surmise. Wiki has a defenition for agnostic atheist, and thats not far off the mark, but I think its still a bit lacking.  I would suggest exsistential combined with agnosticism comes closer to a rational point of view on the subject, as far as phiosophy goes anyway. As for spirituality, good luck with you 'logic' Frank Merton...

Whats happening here? I can't add URL links on my signature (to legal streeming music sites such as smithsonian folkways radio / adelaide community "3D radio - 5DDD") -  have I been disabled???, I did post a link to a bob dylan video on my 'profile feed' a few weeks ago that might have been dubious, it got deleted, by someone anyway, very sorry guys!!! But why did the legitimate links on my signature also get wiped? - and I say, I seem to be disabled now :td: .

#138    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,940 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Postbom shankra, on 22 March 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Atheism is just as irrastional as christianity IMO, you can't prove something doesn't exist because you don't have evidence, you can only surmise. Wiki has a defenition for agnostic atheist, and thats not far off the mark, but I think its still a bit lacking.  I would suggest exsistential combined with agnosticism comes closer to a rational point of view on the subject, as far as phiosophy goes anyway. As for spirituality, good luck with you 'logic' Frank Merton...

the way I see it is "there are as many irrational atheists as there are irrational christians, as much as any other 'ism' there are out there "
it a long and tired path in the human race this questions dug up by philosophy, its a mighty deep pit for spirituality and high definition "true color" illusions for logic

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#139    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 23 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

the way I see it is "there are as many irrational atheists as there are irrational christians, as much as any other 'ism' there are out there "
it a long and tired path in the human race this questions dug up by philosophy, its a mighty deep pit for spirituality and high definition "true color" illusions for logic

And, they will remain the three questions that are most important for us until the end of time.  What every thast will be.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#140    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,940 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

View Postdanielost, on 23 March 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

And, they will remain the three questions that are most important for us until the end of time.  What every thast will be.

aye .... "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

I don't believe there are any conflict between the divine and 'evil'
It's where we are in the middle of it all that we observe to be 'divine' or 'evil'

the sun that sets for us, rises for others
and so it goes .....

~

~

#141    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

~voltaire

Edited by bom shankra, 26 March 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#142    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

To be an atheist does not mean one is certain there is no God.  It only means one does not believe in God.

#143    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,940 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

When every single breathing one of us decides to make up our minds together, there be your one true 'god' created

~

~

#144    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

athiest don't belive in god, thefore they deny the existance of and god or diety - I don't believe in santa, why?, because he doesn't exist.  what else makes sense?  santa may exist, but I still wouldn't believe in him??? nonsense!

#145    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've never really thought that the Santa Clause analogy works when talking about atheism.  There are much stronger arguments, or at least less subtle, arguments against the existence of Santa than against the existence of God.  Further, there plainly is no credible evidence of the existnce of Santa, it is more touch-and-go to say there is no credible evidence of the existence of God.

Nevertheless, I don't think there is a God.  The skys do not spell out Jehovah in the stars.

#146    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

fine, you doubt god exists. where are you then, half way between athiest and agnostic? you tell me. your hedging your bets there IMO.

#147    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,940 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

define a god and you would it be proven false

prove a god and you would define falseness

~

~

#148    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

how about if I could summon one, would we get somewhere then?

LEGAL STREAMING MUSIC FOR FREE:
http://www.radiorock...indexradio.html 60's and 70's underground - try the folk americana / psychadelic americana
http://streema.com/radios/play/35959 - ADELAIDE COMMUNITY RADIO - STREAMING FOR YOUR PLEASURE AND EDIFICATION;
http://www.folkways....ways/radio.aspx - world music from the vaults of the smithsonian institutes own record label 'FOLKWAYS'

#149    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,294 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 29 March 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I've never really thought that the Santa Clause analogy works when talking about atheism.  There are much stronger arguments, or at least less subtle, arguments against the existence of Santa than against the existence of God.  Further, there plainly is no credible evidence of the existnce of Santa, it is more touch-and-go to say there is no credible evidence of the existence of God.

Nevertheless, I don't think there is a God.  The skys do not spell out Jehovah in the stars.

And yet santa is 'based off a real person.  He was a cbatholic bishop.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#150    bom shankra

bom shankra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postdanielost, on 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

And yet santa is 'based off a real person.  He was a cbatholic bishop.

isn't that st nicholas whos connected with turkey?...anyhow, didn't he get the garb from the lapland shaman -  the reindeer would eat fly agaric mushrooms, and the shaman drank the deer pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users