Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampirism

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#31    Grape Soda

Grape Soda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:10 AM

View PostGraveyard Hound, on 23 August 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

Please people for the sake of argument let's agree that there are totally "sane" people out there that model their behavior after vamps. of literature and/or movies and even drink blood of donor. That is their life style,their mental mind-set, maybe from 7:00P.M. to midnight and after that they go back "home", go to bed, get up and go to work until they adopt their vamp. life style for another night on the town.The ones that worry me are the ones that kill for blood, feed on the spot, and vanish as quickly as the came. They do exist whether one chooses to accept it or not.

what are you even talking about?!

grown people working 9-5s, that when they get home from work, don some black leather, some make up, and go hang out with other like minded individuals and listen to techno and drink each others blood....but gotta be home by 12am so they can get up by 8am to make it to the office on time?

people that just do this might be choosing some percieved "lifestyle"...but they are still committing an act of cannibalism.  and even worse, being a poser.  those individuals that didn't get enough hugs as kids and ACTAULLY "think" (that is read, "play pretend") they need to dress up and be vampires all the time and they "crave" and "drink human blood", yet are unwilling to acknowledge that the whole vampire mythos has only existed a couple hundred years....and the sexy blood drinking variety for barely over a century; those individuals are so lost in their self absorbed pseudo-reality, they fail to see why most "rational" people think they are behaving irrational in their "fantasy" world.  but the "sane" people that only want to "live" in this world when "they're out on the town" because the allure of imbibing human blood is such an attractive and exciting idea .....that's just absurd, man. :no:

#32    rockyiesta

rockyiesta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• I am The Observer.......

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Hi guys, Saw this on one the forums, I thought It might help us try to understand if vampires are real or hoax..... :lol: :lol:  

History of Vampires Timeline
Vampire Timeline: Vampire myths go back thousands of years and are seen in almost every culture worldwide. There are an endless variety of vampires recorded. China has red eyed monsters with green or pink hair while the Greek have Lamia; which has the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a winged serpent. Even further separated are the vampire foxes in Japan. Malaysia has the Penanggalang; which is a head with trailing entrails that sucks your blood.
Year Event
5000 BC
The emergence of Vampirism in the Mediterranean Basin.
2000 BC
Tomb of the Vampire is erected in Giza, Egypt.
Jesus is claimed to have healed vampires at Capernaum.
Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.
Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome.
"Upir" makes it's first appearance as a word referring to a Russian prince as "Upir Lichy", or wicked vampire.
First Crusade expels vampires from The Holy Land, Jerusalem.
"Chronicles" by William of Newburgh's. It recorded several stories of vampire-like revenants in England.
"Dracula" aka Vlad Dracula or aka Vlad the Impaler is born.
Vlad the Impaler is assassinated.
The Malleus Maleficarium (the witch hunter's bible) is written by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger. The topic of how to hunt and destroy a vampire is discussed within it's pages.
Italian scientist Ludovico Fatinelli burned at the stake for suggesting a biological cause for vampirism in his "Treatise on Vampires".
Erzsebet (Elizabeth) Bathory is born.
"The Ship of the Dead" brings vampires to the New World.
Elizabeth Bathory is tried and convicted of killing several hundred of girls. Her sentence is life imprisonment.
Elizabeth Bathory dies.
A German vampire text, "De Masticatione Mortuorum", is written by Phillip Rohr.
The word "vampyre" enters the English language.
The first modern vampyre poem, "Der Vampir", is published.
A vampire appears in Lord Byron's The Giaour.
John Polidori's "The Vampyre," is the first vampire story in English is published.
Bram Stoker is born.
Haussman destroys Paris' Vampire Quarter then rebuilds city.
Copper Creek Siege in California prompts formation of Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency.
In Italy, Vincenzo Verzeni is convicted of murdering two people and drinking their blood.
New York Vampire riots ensue.
Steketee's Vampire Rights movement in France is started.
"Dracula" by Bram Stoker is published in England.
Worldwide vampire population hits the one million.
Fritz Haarmann the "Vampire of Hanover" is arrested, tried and convicted of killing more than 20 people in a vampire crime spree.
Dracula, starring Bela Lugosi, is released.
The movie "Vampyr," directed by Carl Theodore Dreyer, is released.
"Dracula's Daughter" is released.
U. S. President Franklin Roosevelt unveils "The Zozobra Project".
"Son of Dracula", stars Lon Chaney, Jr., as Dracula.
In New Mexico an auto mechanic named Joe Valdez becomes the first successful recipient of the vampire vaccine.
The Count Dracula Society is founded in the United States by Donald Reed.
"The Munsters" and "The Addams Family"; television shows with vampire characters.
Jeanne Youngson founds The Count Dracula Fan Club.
Due to the Lazo Disaster in Siberia, the United Nations (UN) passes a resolution banning vampire blood research.
Sean Manchester founds The Vampire Research Society."In Search of Dracula" by Raymond T. McNally and Radu Florescu is published. --Stephan Kaplan founds The Vampire Research Centre.
The first of The Vampire Chronicles, "Interview With the Vampire", by Anne Rice is published.
Frank Langella stars in the remake of Dracula.
Richard Chase, the so-called Dracula Killer of Sacramento, California, commits suicide in prison.
"The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice is published and reaches the best seller list.
President Reagan lifts ban on the vampire and zombie blood research.
"Methuselah Project" is initiated at the Santa Rosa Institute.
"The Queen of the Damned" is published by Anne Rice.
Vampire: The Masquerade," the vampire role-playing game is released by White Wolf.
"Bram Stoker's Dracula" directed by Francis Ford Coppola opens. Andrei Chikatilo of Russia, is sentenced to death after killing and committing vampirism 55 people.-"The Tale of the Body Thief" by Anne Rice is published.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a 1992 American action/comedy/horror film about a valley girl cheerleader named Buffy (Kristy Swanson) who learns that it is her fate to hunt vampires. The movie is a parody which plays on the cliches of typical horror films. The film was written by Joss Whedon who later created the darker and more acclaimed TV series of the same name starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was a moderate success at the box office and received mixed reviews from critics.
The film version of Anne Rice's "Interview with the Vampire" opens with Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat and Brad Pitt as Louis.
TV series - Kindred: The Embraced airs on TV.
TV series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs on TV. An American television series; a supernatural drama that aired from March 10, 1997 until May 20, 2003. The series was created in 1997 by writer-director Joss Whedon. The series narrative follows Buffy Summers (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar), the latest in a line of young women known as Slayers. Slayers are chosen by fate to battle against vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by a Watcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends.
TV Series - Angel airs on TV. An American television series, a spin-off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series was created by Buffy's creator, Joss Whedon, in collaboration with David Greenwalt, and first aired on October 5, 1999. The show details the ongoing trials of Angel, a vampire whose human soul was restored to him by gypsies as a punishment for the murder of one of their own. After more than a century of murder and the torture of innocents, Angel's restored soul torments him with guilt and remorse. During the first four seasons of the show, he works as a private detective in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, California, where he and a variety of associates work to "help the helpless" and to restore the faith and save the souls of those who have lost their way. Typically, this involves doing battle with evil demons or demonically allied humans, primarily related to Wolfram & Hart, a law firm. He also has to battle his own demonic nature.
Blade is released into theaters. Pandora by Anne Rice is published. The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice is published.
Vittorio the Vampire by Anne Rice is published.
Blade II is released in theaters. Blade forms an uneasy alliance with the vampire council in order to combat the Reaper vampires who feed on vampires.
Queen of the Damned is released in theaters. The vampire Lestat becomes a rock star whose music wakes up the queen of all vampires.
Twilight is released in theaters. A teenage girl risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire.
TV Series - True Blood airs on HBO.
The Twilight Saga: New Moon is released in theaters. Following Bella's ill-fated 18th birthday party, Edward Cullen and his family abandon the town of Forks, Washington, in an effort to protect her from the dangers inherent in their world. As the heartbroken Bella sleepwalks through her senior year more of high school, numb and alone, she discovers Edward's image comes to her whenever she puts herself in jeopardy. Her desire to be with him at any cost leads her to take greater and greater risks. With the help of her childhood friend Jacob Black, Bella refurbishes an old motorbike to carry her on her adventures. Bella's frozen heart is gradually thawed by her budding relationship with Jacob, a member of the mysterious Quileute tribe, who has a supernatural secret of his own. When a chance encounter brings Bella face to face with a former nemesis, only the intervention of a pack of supernaturally large wolves saves her from a grisly fate, and the encounter makes it frighteningly clear that Bella is still in grave danger. In a race against the clock, Bella learns the secret of the Quileutes and Edward's true motivation for leaving her. She also faces the prospect of a potentially deadly reunion with her beloved that is a far cry from the one she'd hoped for.
The Vampire Diaries series airs. It is about a teenage girl torn between two vampire brothers with a long dark past.

#33    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

So, theyre not real.
Also, where is your source for all of that? http://www.hellhorro...ry_of_vampires/ This it?

But as for
"Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.
Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome"

That doesnt even make sense, and isnt true in the slightest. Probably because Romes ruler at that time was antoninus pius. Also, charlemagne (wanna be ruler of them) and his story of fighting that vampire isnt anywhere for me to see.
Id really check your sources next time, as im sure much other parts of it are flawed.

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 22 September 2010 - 03:20 PM.

the truth is out there....

#34    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

#35    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

Wow that is a massively messed up list. I think I broke the "Didn't Happen" button.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#36    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

View PostCorp, on 22 September 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

Wow that is a massively messed up list. I think I broke the "Didn't Happen" button.

Or the "Easy" button is way out of whack.

#37    rockyiesta

rockyiesta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 22 September 2010 - 03:19 PM, said:

So, theyre not real.
Also, where is your source for all of that? http://www.hellhorro...ry_of_vampires/ This it?

But as for
"Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.
Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome"

That doesnt even make sense, and isnt true in the slightest. Probably because Romes ruler at that time was antoninus pius. Also, charlemagne (wanna be ruler of them) and his story of fighting that vampire isnt anywhere for me to see.
Id really check your sources next time, as im sure much other parts of it are flawed.

The link was correct, thought might help......I tried to research for that event myself and other stuff like
those funded  research for vampire blood by the US government, and I found nothing....well just thought someone here in this forum might verify if those events are real or not...I apologize if the list was a total messed up.....peace  :D :D :D

#38    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

View PostPaul Dangerously, on 23 August 2010 - 03:25 PM, said:

Just because you're obsessed with something doesn't mean other people have to respect that. Nor does someone finding a donor negate the fact the eating or drinking of flesh or blood of your own species is cannabalism. It just is. Just because you find the term cannibal taboo, doesn't mean people can't use the term. Have some respect.
I'm not obsessed with anything, and I've got to agree with the drinking of blood to be cannibalistic to a certain extent. I do not find the term taboo, and if you knew me, you'd find me to be very respectful.

You took my post entirely the wrong way. :rofl:

#39    Silentwolf

Silentwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• who knows...;o)

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

i have read quite a few storys about these "modern day vampieres, but i think there is no such thing, as i have yet to see one with the typical fangs, that come out and they can retract at will...
i think people that claim to be a vampire are attracted by the whole 'loner, mystic and romantic air' around them.
the mind is a powerfull thing, and i think if someone hasnt got alot else in their life, people can convince themselfs to be allsorts.
i have read before, there is even 'clans' of vampires, that feast on each others blood, or a vampire that has a "spechial" person they feed of. to me that is more bdsm than anything else....they never break into a strangers bedroom, and carry them off etc..:OP o.0

i do know there is "enegy vampieres" tho, that try and feed on your enegy. if you let them, is up to you. :)

#40    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Wow, Just the name "Modern Day Vampires" makes me NOT believe. If they are like anything u see on tv they're probably fake. I seriously doubt a real vamp would come out to us. And if they were real i just doubt they would even look human. The whole design of our bodies was mostly made to excercise and be healthy with lots of water,(some of us can over eat yes,)but over drink BLOOD, actually it would be dangerous, specially if ur body is that of a human design. if vamps were real or are, I just dont think they can look like us and "live amongst us" and never age. its just not realistic to me. we live to die. why would a creatures body be designed to live forever? to be immortal and beautiful,to never age, those are all the things a human wouldnt mind; because its what the media has fed us on tv, magazines,celebrities. A vampire seems like the perfect pill to take, to avoid reality if u ask me..mann i used to be so into this crap when i was like 15 :devil:  lol i even wore those fangs that look real lol :w00t:  i feel bad for real adults who actually into this still, theres so much to life still.. :blink:

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#41    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

View Postrockyiesta, on 23 September 2010 - 07:48 AM, said:

The link was correct, thought might help......I tried to research for that event myself and other stuff like
those funded  research for vampire blood by the US government, and I found nothing....well just thought someone here in this forum might verify if those events are real or not...I apologize if the list was a total messed up.....peace  :D :D :D

Well yes the link wasnt totally accurate.  
Im also not surprised you came up with nothing when trying to search the government and vampires.

#42    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostSilentwolf, on 23 September 2010 - 08:36 AM, said:

i have read quite a few storys about these "modern day vampieres, but i think there is no such thing, as i have yet to see one with the typical fangs, that come out and they can retract at will...
i think people that claim to be a vampire are attracted by the whole 'loner, mystic and romantic air' around them.
the mind is a powerfull thing, and i think if someone hasnt got alot else in their life, people can convince themselfs to be allsorts.
i have read before, there is even 'clans' of vampires, that feast on each others blood, or a vampire that has a "spechial" person they feed of. to me that is more bdsm than anything else....they never break into a strangers bedroom, and carry them off etc..:OP o.0

i do know there is "enegy vampieres" tho, that try and feed on your enegy. if you let them, is up to you. :)

The absolute worst type of vampire.

#43    Black Hound

Black Hound

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Righttt. About the vampire thing...I know this guy who thinks he's a werewolf but he just chases parked cars and howls at the moon :w00t:

Edited by Graveyard Hound, 23 September 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#44    zombeikiller

zombeikiller

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• 2012 not the end. just the beging of the war aginst demons. "So lock and load! Take as many as you can with you!"

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

I could tell u how to make a true vampire. the truth is that a true  vampires can exsist if u make it exsist. AKA Gentic enginearing.  make what u want and make it happen. look at the blood drinking bat. it needs blood to survive. which is explaned but i don't want to look it up at all.  but aging the so caled immortallity serum which cna be made. but u can still die. if shot. or sikeness. but there's many things i have studyed and immortallity is one of them. and it is a possibllity. oh and myths come from legends that come from stroys which are from truth. like romeo and julleit. that stry was to be based of of a legend of two lovers and in 2008 they found the bodys of both of those lovers with a dagger and a cup in one of there hands. burried togheter. now i tell u this. u can't say if its true or not. if u look for it then it will eventully show. if u desire it then it will show.  now that u metion it. i could be considered a mind sapping vampir. one that can cause mental harm. but i don't feel anything when i do so. LOL just kiding or am I? one cannot truely estimate the impact if they found out that the goverment is studing vampieism. or how to make a supersolder from such research. i point u to the nazi rageim of hitler. 25 years far move advanced then any othere nation back then. with many supernatuale expriments one which was for a super solder that can fight for him. some of the research which are still hidden and not found of yet to date. with vage stroys about the locaton of such research faccilitys. it is possible aging to make a vampier and a possible immortallity serum. and if u say such negative things u will never know if its true or not. if u look for it if u seek it u will find it. if in the best case or the worst case u will find it. if u get up and look. no one will do it for u. look for it in scriptures and in old books. which alot where burned or destoryed by the nazis in europe.

#45    rockyiesta

rockyiesta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:16 AM

View PostGraveyard Hound, on 23 September 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

Righttt. About the vampire thing...I know this guy who thinks he's a werewolf but he just chases parked cars and howls at the moon :w00t:

Make sense to me  
:innocent:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users