Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] No Loch Ness monster sightings in 2013

UM-Bot

For the first time in almost 90 years there have been no new sightings of the legendary lake monster.

Large numbers of tourists flock to the Scottish Highlands to visit the world famous lake every year with many hoping to catch a glimpse of its mysterious denizen, the Loch Ness Monster, which is said to have been lurking in the murky depths for centuries.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262061/no-loch-ness-monster-sightings-in-2013

• Like 1

Makes sense, feller owes me three fiddy.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it hasn't been sighted because cameras and identifications are getting easier to obtain?

• Like 3

This caught my attention:

"Bookmaker William Hill had been offering £1000 for the best sighting of 2013 but the prize ended up unclaimed, prompting a 'rollover' for 2014. "We’ve now more than doubled the odds of finding proof that Nessie exists to 250-1," said spokesman Rupert Adams."

Increasing the cash increases the chance of proof? I mean, it'll get more cameras out there, sure... but something tells me that it would increase the odds of a hoax more than an 'elusive beast' rising up for a snapshot.

• Like 2

"It's very upsetting news and we don't know where she's gone," said Gary Campbell of the Official Loch Ness Monster Club.

She's swam back to the land of never having existed.

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

I caught it and ate it. Sorry everyone, I should have said something, my bad. I was really, really hungry.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 1

Does anyone actually know what the life expectancy of something that doesn`t exist is, just messing i`m a believer.

She could have gone on holiday herself last year, even Nessie needs a break. When you think about it, it must be hard work trying to avoid being seen all the time. No doubt she'll be around for when the tourists start arriving this year.

• Like 1

No visits from the traveling Circus last year?

lochnessmonster1.jpg

In The Loch, by Steve Alten, Nessie liked to spend winters in the Sargasso Sea. Maybe she stayed there.

Wait, do the people who believe in Nessie actually think there's only one? That it's been the same monster responsible for all of the sightings since the beginning? How does that make sense? How long do they think this thing can live for? Is it immortal?

Maybe it was a slow year for floating logs?
  • Like 1

She's off visiting her cousin, Ogopogo.

But the last time Ogo was sighted was in 2011.

Oh, oh! Maybe they're both no longer with us.

But the last time Ogo was sighted was in 2011.

Oh, oh! Maybe they're both no longer with us.

Maybe they're more than just cousins and have eloped! Yikes! They could be anywhere; having a ceilidh!

Wait, do the people who believe in Nessie actually think there's only one? That it's been the same monster responsible for all of the sightings since the beginning? How does that make sense? How long do they think this thing can live for? Is it immortal?

are you suggesting that there are more than one monster that really exits

No new sightings doesn't mean there won't be any in the months to come. I think the myth is firmly anchored and won't go away so easily. Plus, it is highly profitable economically for the area in Scotland to receive a fair amount of tourists each year. Nessy is not gone for long I believe. ;)

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Oh, you mean that *wasn't* a Lapras I caught with my Pokéball? My bad... No wonder the damn creature killed my Blastoise.

Edited by Infinite Playlist

I wonder if there is actually an uptick in tourism around the area in years when Nessie is sighted. This could be bad for the Loch Ness tourism trade.