Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

13 Year Old Murders Brother Over Video Game

Sweetpumper

Police: Pa. Boy Stabs Brother Over Game

Jul 17 01:16 PM US/Eastern

LANSDOWNE, Pa. (AP) - A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his brother with a steak knife after the 16-year-old refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.

Jahmir Ricks was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Antwan Ricks at their home outside Philadelphia. The older boy died of a single stab wound to the chest, police said, and a bent and bloody knife was recovered from the home.

Lansdowne police said the younger boy told them, "I just stabbed my brother," when they arrived at the home Sunday.

Police believe the argument started when Antwan Ricks would not turn over the game controller after losing a game to his brother. Police Chief Daniel Kortan said the rules of the house were that the person who lost had to give someone else a chance to play.

The argument escalated into a brawl, and the younger boy grabbed the knife, Kortan said.

Antwan Ricks was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Jahmir Ricks, who was charged as an adult, was being held without bail. It was not immediately known if he had obtained an attorney. He faces charges of third-degree murder, assault, recklessly endangering another person and possession of instruments of crime.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

Edited by Sweetpumper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigdog112

• Mauthe Doog

• hnnjsn

• Sgt._Love

Geez. What a stupid move! I've fought with my brother over stuff. But would never resort to that kind of thing. Just sickening!

Yes, they did didn't they? :{

and a bent and bloody knife was recovered from the home.

:huh: That's like hella brutal.

Edited by Affliction

great another couple of idiots who have to put a bad name on other gamers i can just imagine what politicians are going to say about this one

Thats why the rule at my house is you always play 2 player games when someone else is there! ^_^

why do i have no sympathy for this kind of idiocy....

great another couple of idiots who have to put a bad name on other gamers i can just imagine what politicians are going to say about this one

Video games make more money than the film industry. Their here to stay! Dont worry.

well as long as i import and live in Canada I'm fine i feel bad for American gamers with people like Hillary Clinton and legislators temporarily banning games like manhunt

Really isnt surpirising..Kids can get pretty warped over video games...very sad to lose 2 children to such and act.

That kind of violence over something as worthless a a video game is morbidly grotesque! Video games, of course, influence violence, and parents are (sometimes) aware of that, but after stabbing someone just to get a controller?! That, members of Unexplained Mysteries, is absolutely immature!

May the 16 year old rest in peace and hopefully, that little brat of a 13 year old will spend the rest of his days in solitary confinement.

we are we are we.................................. are YOUTH OF THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POD :angry:

Used to be kids would just call each other a few choice names and throw a few punches now and then, now they kill their sibling or anyone else that bugs them at the momment which also puts an end to any chance at a normal life for themselves! It,s tragic and it,s stupid! :wacko:

Right on, member, right on

You know what they say. "Spair the rod, spoil the child".

Its sad the parents lose both kids but society teaches violence and the kids imitate it which creates a circle of violence parents need to tach there children violence is a asd thing i just feel so bad for the parents :no:

why? Why? WHY? WHY IS THE WORLD LIKE THIS? It is sad............. WHERE IS THE LOVE????

I feel ya', Romeo. I feel like the world is now a bitter, dark place now with no love or care. Just violence and more violence. I mean, I'm a game hog. But I would never stab someone, especially someone who is related to be, for a video game. When things like this get out of hand, I need to run away in a place of peace and quiet. Turn off the lights, and just think to myself: "What has this world come to?" Violence. We shouldn't be making war. More bombs, more war, more violence. Annihilation. Sadly, since I'm only 12/1, nobody ever believes me. Nobody EVER listens to the kids, especially adults. I tell somebody something interesting, they just say "That's fine," and push me away. Then as I'm going somewhere, they say "Kids these day, you know?" So then I decided not to announce any reports, eyewitness accounts, or sightings of monsters, UFOs, ghosts or anything like that to anyone I know. Only Believers are my friends now. That was like 5 years ago, when I became a Believer. Nobody thinks of Unexplained Phenomenon in my family anymore. And I'm happy with that, just to shut them up and keep the Unsolved and Discovered to myself.

why? Why? WHY? WHY IS THE WORLD LIKE THIS? It is sad............. WHERE IS THE LOVE????

Reminds me of the Phil Collins song. This is the world we live in, and these are the hands we're given USE THEM!!!!!!

true that romeo its sad but true its all gone