Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three more tiny bodies found!

swtp

OCEAN CITY, Maryland (AP) -- Investigators found three tiny bodies wrapped in plastic at the home of a woman who was charged last week with killing her newborn child, police said Monday. Authorities were still searching the property, and there was a backhoe at the site Monday morning.

Christy Freeman was charged last week with killing her newborn, police say.

1 of 3 None of the bodies was full-term, and only the death that Christy Freeman had already been charged with was recent, said Ocean City Police spokesman Barry Neeb.

"The rest could be a number of years old," he said.

Two were found in bags along with what investigators believe to be a placenta in a trunk in Christy Freeman's bedroom, and another was in a garbage bag found in a motor home parked in her driveway, police said. The remains were sent to the chief medical examiner in Baltimore to determine the causes of their deaths, their ages and whether they were related to Freeman, 37. Watch neighbor describe activity around house »

Freeman was charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and manslaughter in the most recent death. Worcester County District Judge Daniel Mumford on Monday denied bail and set a preliminary hearing for August 27.

Freeman came to authorities' attention on Thursday while she was hospitalized. Medical personnel called police after determining she had been pregnant but could not account for the newborn child.

Don't Miss

WBAL: 'Complex crime scene'

After interviewing her, police searched Freeman's home and found the body of an infant wrapped in a blanket. Freeman was charged under a 2005 law allowing charges for the death of a fetus that can live outside the womb.

Officers continued searching the home and property during the weekend and found the other tiny bodies, Neeb said.

Freeman lives on the second floor of the home with her boyfriend and her four other children, all of whom are safe, police said Monday. The building is less than a block off the Coastal Highway, the main north-south route in Ocean City, a resort town.

Freeman owns Classic Taxi in Ocean City.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swtp

• glorybebe

• Radian

• sardiamo

I saw this on WJZ's main page. I hope she goes to jail for this! They barely had a choice to live!

Oh that is so sad. I saw something similar to this on forensic files, or a similar show-she put the bodies in storage sheds.

What i don,t understand is, if you don,t want kids then take the pill,get your tubes tied,have a hysterectomy! It,s not like this woman was too poor,she owns a cab company,and if she can own and run a buisness then it would seem to me she,d have to have some brains as well! So whats her excuse for this terrible and sad behaviour?

Not sure if this is murder or a late abortion(s)

or is it 'infanticide?'

I was just thinking..you don't think she was planning to eat them do you?

Oh thanks billyhill! the sandwhich i was just about to bite into has lost it,s appeal! <_<

Just sick. I don't know what else to say!

Guarantee you, she was on an anti-depressant.

What's that supposed to mean? I"m on ad's and I'd never think of doing that!

WTF? Obviously, you don't know much about anti-depressants.

They don't erode your moral system. Also, they don't stop you from grieving (or loving, or hoping, or worrying, or longing, or getting angry....) Anti-depressants correct a biochemical error in neural transmission that generates emotions unrelated to any real situation. Like, out of the blue you suddenly experience a stab of uncontrollable sorrow. You look around for something to explain it and attribute it to the first sad thing you find, since the rest of your mind can't accept the fact that you've generated an emotion for no reason. So you think, "My windshield has bird sh** on it. Life isn't worth living". But actually, the emotion came from a chemical error.

People can't take anti-depressants to turn off their consciences while they murder little kids. You should really do some reading about this. You deal with depressives every day in normal life and it would help you to know where they're actually coming from. Or feel free to ask me. I'm a clinical depressive.

Anti-depressants do not make you "comfortably numb".

I wonder how pre-term these babies were? If she miscarried and buried the fetuses that puts her in a different category from killing babies as a birth control method.

I've known a few women who buried miscarriages. The cemetery wouldn't take the bodies and the women needed to have a ceremony to part with the babies-that-wouldn't-be. Part of me thought this was really sick, but another part thought it made more spiritual sense than any other option.

Edited by Siara

Ew. That's a sickening thought, Billyhill.

Thank goodness. I'm not on my lunchbreak anymore.

WTF? Obviously, you don't know much about anti-depressants.

They don't erode your moral system. Also, they don't stop you from grieving (or loving, or hoping, or worrying, or longing, or getting angry....) Anti-depressants correct a biochemical error in neural transmission that generates emotions unrelated to any real situation. Like, out of the blue you suddenly experience a stab of uncontrollable sorrow. You look around for something to explain it and attribute it to the first sad thing you find, since the rest of your mind can't accept the fact that you've generated an emotion for no reason. So you think, "My windshield has bird sh** on it. Life isn't worth living". But actually, the emotion came from a chemical error.

People can't take anti-depressants to turn off their consciences while they murder little kids. You should really do some reading about this. You deal with depressives every day in normal life and it would help you to know where they're actually coming from. Or feel free to ask me. I'm a clinical depressive.

Anti-depressants do not make you "comfortably numb".

well I an sure he didn't mean it that way he probably just means that she wasn't mentally stable.

Another Tom Cruise...geesh. Let's hope you were joking.

I take antidepressents because I have hypothyroidism, which causes depression. It's a hormone/chemical thing. I don't get weird, I don't want to eat my baby, I don't feel like killing myself; it just makes handling stress a little easier and it keeps me from crying constantly (which I did before they diagnosed me with hypothyroidism).

I can function now when I couldn't before.

Do some research before you make such a statement.

I just saw this on the news she has 4 living children yes? What the hell is wrong with people. If the babys died of natural causes why not have them buried or cremated? She was running her own taxi business and claims to have been doing well according to a interview done previously. Howw did they come about finding the baby's did someone tip off the police or did someone see her?

Were they born early, possibly stillborn? Miscarries? I'm not sure If I understand everything with this yet... :[

Were they born early, possibly stillborn? Miscarries? I'm not sure If I understand everything with this yet... :[

I hope the other three were stillborn. There are so many women who cannot carry a baby to term and this sorry excuse for a human kills hers. She is the mother of 4 older children, how could she kill this baby?

I hope the other three were stillborn. There are so many women who cannot carry a baby to term and this sorry excuse for a human kills hers. She is the mother of 4 older children, how could she kill this baby?

(I'm not sure about the details) if there was one murdered, chances are the others were probably murdered as well. It would seem ironic that they were stillborn, yet, she murders only one after it was born... It's unlikely a Münchhausens case because no one apparently knew but her...She's wicked that's how. Just wicked.

It just breaks my heart! There are so many people who want and would love a child and can,t have them and others who have lost children and loving parents out there that know children are a precious gift and a joyfull blessing!And then there are these people who who seem to be able to have them by the dozens and don,t feel any love,compassion or value towards these little ones! It just boggles my mind!

(I'm not sure about the details) if there was one murdered, chances are the others were probably murdered as well. It would seem ironic that they were stillborn, yet, she murders only one after it was born... It's unlikely a Münchhausens case because no one apparently knew but her...She's wicked that's how. Just wicked.

ccording to the article I read, they found a baby that they believe was killed wrapped up in a blanket. The only reason tehy found out about i was that she went to the hospital bleeding quite badly. That is why they are charging her with murder, the latest pregnancy and then they started looking for others.

How sad. This is just an awful story. How could someone do something like that? I don't get it. :no:

I live near Ocean City and actually used to live IN Ocean City. I knew Christy very well a few years back. We worked together. I often went to her home to do computer work related to some inventory things we would do. How she could do something like this boggles my mind completely. Other than being a little bossy and high strung, she seemed like a pretty "normal" person. Her boyfriend on the other hand-weirdo. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy, but I'd heard some pretty crazy things about him, and he is just a bizzare looking person. You know tall and ragedy with long hair and long mustache and beard. Their children were VERY well behaved. Her home was quite disgusting. I can see how something like this may have gone un-noticed by the kids. It was really messy and smelly. She had cats I believe (this was about 5 years ago). I just can't imagine why she would do something like this! Also when she says she wants to "clear her name", I'm a bit confused! I do know that she had (at least she said she had) epilepsy, and suffred "walking seizures"...whatever they may be. I'm not sure she won't use this to try and excuse her inexcusable behavior. Only time will tell. In the mean time I'll be praying for her other children.

I live near Ocean City and actually used to live IN Ocean City. I knew Christy very well a few years back. We worked together. I often went to her home to do computer work related to some inventory things we would do. How she could do something like this boggles my mind completely. Other than being a little bossy and high strung, she seemed like a pretty "normal" person. Her boyfriend on the other hand-weirdo. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy, but I'd heard some pretty crazy things about him, and he is just a bizzare looking person. You know tall and ragedy with long hair and long mustache and beard. Their children were VERY well behaved. Her home was quite disgusting. I can see how something like this may have gone un-noticed by the kids. It was really messy and smelly. She had cats I believe (this was about 5 years ago). I just can't imagine why she would do something like this! Also when she says she wants to "clear her name", I'm a bit confused! I do know that she had (at least she said she had) epilepsy, and suffred "walking seizures"...whatever they may be. I'm not sure she won't use this to try and excuse her inexcusable behavior. Only time will tell. In the mean time I'll be praying for her other children.

I guess we never really know people and what they are capable of. Pretty sad.