Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

G.Cooper encountered man-made flying saucers

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#16    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Post747400, on 26 October 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

is there really any need to be that disrespectful?

A wonderful rhetorical question.  Pristine, in fact.

#17    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 26 October 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

With all respect for which you might be due, you ain't no Gordon Cooper.  Not even close.

(Careful of that link, btw...I clicked it and my anti-self-serving-disinformation-book-hawker/erectile-pill-popup-ad software went nuts)

Too bad you weren't around in the 1980s when Cooper, unwillingly retired from NASA in disgrace, spent his time hawking a string of money-making aviation industry schemes. People thought like you did -- his word alone was adequate proof the ideas were legit. People lost MILLIONS of dollars as the schemes collapsed, and often, the principals were jailed.

I wish you could have put a few thousand bucks of your own into one of those projects. You might have learned -- at great cost -- a lesson in 'trust but verify' that you clearly still need, chronically hurrahed by NASA hero-worship propaganda.

#18    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Too bad you weren't around in the 1980s when Cooper, unwillingly retired from NASA in disgrace, spent his time hawking a string of money-making aviation industry schemes. People thought like you did -- his word alone was adequate proof the ideas were legit. People lost MILLIONS of dollars as the schemes collapsed, and often, the principals were jailed.

I wish you could have put a few thousand bucks of your own into one of those projects. You might have learned -- at great cost -- a lesson in 'trust but verify' that you clearly still need, chronically hurrahed by NASA hero-worship propaganda.

You failed to mention that according to this Wall Street Journal article, Cooper also lost most of his own money in one of these failed businesses.  In another one, he was also being used and manipulated by a con artist.

I think we should all try to be a little more "fair and balanced" here.  LOL

https://docs.google....wIVt2r6HPJGdxyw

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 October 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#19    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,088 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Why shouldn't it be possible to invent something like this?   I've neither heard of Welling nor have read Cooper's book but I do know that if we can invent airplanes and spaceships, its only a matter of time before the next level of inventions come about or rather are fed to us as new technology but in actuality have been around years before.

#20    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yes, Mr. Oberg is just a little bit slanted in his views, and here to do a hatchet job on those who have opposed him over the years, including Gordon Cooper, who is no longer alive to defend himself.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 October 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#21    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Yes, Mr. Oberg is just a little bit slanted in his views, and here to do a hatchet job on those who have opposed him over the years, including Gordon Cooper, who is no longer alive to defend himself.

Cooper and I exchanged letters for many years --  are you implying that once a person has died, it's suddenly unfair to disagree with them? I look forward to your consistency when/if you outlive me. Folks who remain -- be sure to hold McG to his standard!!

How about Cooper's psychic warning from space aliens story? Too ashamed of it to admit you don't believe it?

#22    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

You failed to mention that according to this Wall Street Journal article, Cooper also lost most of his own money in one of these failed businesses.  In another one, he was also being used and manipulated by a con artist.

I think we should all try to be a little more "fair and balanced" here.  LOL

https://docs.google....wIVt2r6HPJGdxyw

You fail to mention that the document you link to is MY synopsis of the copyrighted WSJ article.

So let's look at your argument -- you accuse me of 'failing to mention' some fact and as proof you offer an article written BY me to document that fact.

No wonder you are so impressed by these UFO stories -- you get lost in the logic of a single sentence.

#23    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

You fail to mention that the document you link to is MY synopsis of the copyrighted WSJ article.

So let's look at your argument -- you accuse me of 'failing to mention' some fact and as proof you offer an article written BY me to document that fact.

No wonder you are so impressed by these UFO stories -- you get lost in the logic of a single sentence.

If that is YOUR synopsis--there is no name on it--you failed to to bring out many of the points that were made in it.

That makes it look like even more of a hatchet job against Cooper.

#24    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Cooper and I exchanged letters for many years --  are you implying that once a person has died, it's suddenly unfair to disagree with them? I look forward to your consistency when/if you outlive me. Folks who remain -- be sure to hold McG to his standard!!

How about Cooper's psychic warning from space aliens story? Too ashamed of it to admit you don't believe it?

I'm perfectly consistent in that I have always criticized you while you're still alive, and that will not change when you are no longer with us.  

I never heard that story about Cooper being in telepathic contact with aliens, which is why I didn't comment on it.

#25    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

If that is YOUR synopsis--there is no name on it--you failed to to bring out many of the points that were made in it.

That makes it look like even more of a hatchet job against Cooper.

There's no 'if' about it.

You have royally beclowned yourself and I'm going to giggle over a glass of wine in honor of the delicious moment.

#26    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I never heard that story about Cooper being in telepathic contact with aliens, which is why I didn't comment on it.

It's in his own book. Didn't you read it?

It's discussed in my home page section on Cooper.

I guess you've been afraid to read THAT as well.

Back to my giggle agenda....

#27    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

It's in his own book. Didn't you read it?

It's discussed in my home page section on Cooper.

I guess you've been afraid to read THAT as well.

Back to my giggle agenda....

No, I never read his book and I definitely never look at your homepage.

#28    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I'm perfectly consistent in that I have always criticized you while you're still alive, and that will not change when you are no longer with us.  
[...]
Reminds me of mongolian story: dog comes in the morning to check if master still alive and well, while cat looks for ain't he dead already?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#29    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

everything is possible :D

#30    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

There's no 'if' about it.

You have royally beclowned yourself and I'm going to giggle over a glass of wine in honor of the delicious moment.

Then why didn't you mention everything that was in the synopsis?

For example, you fail to mention that he was himself conned and ripped off by Dalton Smith?  If it was in your own synopsis, then how could you have "forgotten" that?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 October 2012 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users