Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#271    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,649 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I just found out my sis-in-law's brother worked at Area 51. Electrician by trade. Top secret clearance, but is now working in Utah. I wondered why all of a sudden she's asking about which UFO books she should read.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#272    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,652 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 March 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I just found out my sis-in-law's brother worked at Area 51. Electrician by trade. Top secret clearance, but is now working in Utah. I wondered why all of a sudden she's asking about which UFO books she should read.
Really? Heavens. he probably out-ranked Bob Lazar.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#273    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Wow... I dont know about you, but thats all the evidence I need.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#274    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

and you quote my question to Hazz with a response as shown above....

:unsure2:

I jump in where ever I feel the need... or interest. If thats ok with you.

Also... you are doing it again :td:   nit picking I believe its called.

Edited by DBunker, 26 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#275    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

look up the Pascagoula thread here on UM, makes for  a good read IMO
Ill go check it out Q

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#276    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,649 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 March 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Really? Heavens. he probably out-ranked Bob Lazar.

Hopefully I'll get to talk with him someday. But, if his sister can't pry anything out of him, I don't think I'll do much better. He's apparently a conversation ninja and very masterful at not answering and avoiding questions about aliens or crafts.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#277    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 March 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hopefully I'll get to talk with him someday. But, if his sister can't pry anything out of him, I don't think I'll do much better. He's apparently a conversation ninja and very masterful at not answering and avoiding questions about aliens or crafts.

Does he know about your encounter? If not, tell him that you know it exist and ask him to nod if he agreed. That way, he doesn't have to say a word.

#278    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

hmmm so the account given by this mentally disturbed person 20 years on from the 'event' that sent him crazy is the most dubious part....

then we have a great case by default, right?

That means you are not allowing for him to be crazy to begin with, and all along ;)

He insists it was the same Alien, and perhaps, I feel it was?

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I reckon we would struggle to reconcile the beings let alone the craft and us not being able to do so doesnt diminish the event nor the descriptions. IMO

But the being should still be able to fit in the craft, right?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#279    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

View Postsk8tan71, on 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I just look at an ET visiting earth from a common sense standpoint.....what does this rock have to offer that you can't find anywhere else in this arm of the Milky Way?

In a word....NOTHING.

There is water on Mars (far less of it) and on Europa (far more of it) than what is on earth.
If the theories about the gas giants are correct, then the cores of these planets are diamonds the size of earth.
If you need a gas like methane, there is a greater abundance of it on Titan.
It is a mathematical certainty you can find precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and the like in greater quantities on other planets.
Mankind as a species really isn't that special, we had the pieces to start the Industrial Revolution 1700 years before it happened but were too stupid to put the pieces together, plus we destroy knowledge just to "discover" once again hundred of years later.

Depending on your view, the earth is either the Mississippi or the North Korea of the Milky Way galaxy.

Big D's FTL Smoker/BBQ. :tu:

That sounds worth crossing space for :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#280    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 March 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

yes, that's what I try to argue, that, if an ET race was exploring our system, they'd give this planet as much attention as they would any of the other smaller planets, but they probably wouldn't find its inhabitants anywhere near technologically advanced enough to be worth saying Howdy to.

Wait till they try BBQ Garlic Prawns. People will go to great lengths for personal desires. With all this water we might even make a good holiday destination. Who knows, but to assume we are insignificant I do not see as any more relevant than the opposing argument. It's just personal opinion. I go places to Ski, but I do not live in a place that snows.

#281    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postbee, on 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

yes the behaviour of the 'sceptics' was appalling....unchecked.... and breaking forum rules in numerous posts....

but they got their crafty way and got the thread closed....

by the way...you didn't HAVE to read it you know... :rolleyes:

The thread title broke the forum rules, something about no garbage posting.

#282    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

View Postbee, on 26 March 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

And that's just what happened...to zoser....continually attacked and called names when he stood up for his research and didn't back down.

That is not true at all. What research? He said "throw textbooks away, go with intuition" and asked the same question for 600 pages which was painfully explained in detail too many times to mention? It was just a train wreck thread. No evidence for Rock Softening or such nonsense was ever provided  only insistance that it was the correct assumption. And a bunch of outright lies with regards to experience in the field.

#283    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

I never said I didnt know what a red flag is....Hazz indicates that there are a couple of red flags...then proceeds to post one (which I dont think is a red flag anyway) not a couple. Simple copy and paste job probably.

Sick of the annoying Q dance...hmm interesting. wheres the dance? I asked someone who claimed a red flag to ellaborate on why it is so whilst also putting a counter forward as to why it isnt a red flag.....

hows that a dance.

and dont pull Hazz and Psyche into this you can have a go on your own....I know you can do it...come on...

explain why it is a red flag whilst keeping it in context of his mental history since the initial event?

when you can answer that then we may dance if you like.....in fact I will let you choose the style of dance also if that helps

I do not want to get into it in here, you keep me on my toes in the other thread as it is. If your dancing, mate I think you might be leading with Pascagoula.

#284    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,494 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

A sparky? Must be a top bloke. I'm a sparky by trade. I believe him already.

Edited by psyche101, 27 March 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#285    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 March 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

I do not want to get into it in here, you keep me on my toes in the other thread as it is. If your dancing, mate I think you might be leading with Pascagoula.

Hi buddie.

The reason I never follow quillius down this rabbit hole is because it leads nowhere. All it does is increase the number of posts in a thread. There is another member here that has this strange love for nit-picking,... very tiresome if you ask me.

Sorry, q,...   I do however enjoy our "normal" debates. :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users