Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

It's outrageous...

sket benefits dole cigs booze

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

• Tracey MacDonald says benefit claimants should NOT cut back on extras
  • Gets £142 a fortnight which she spends on 'cigarettes, drink, shopping'
  • Has a 16-year-old daughter and blames her upbringing for her attitude
  • Asked about people who work to support themselves, she says: 'So what? it's their choice!'
A woman living on benefits in a housing association block today said she had every right to spend taxpayer money on luxuries such as cigarettes, Sky TV and alcohol.

Tracey Macdonald, who has a 16-year-old daughter, said she had been 'brought up' to expect her lifestyle to be bankrolled by the state.

Read More

Posted Image

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,751 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Is she a man?

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,426 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Asked about people who work to support themselves, she says: 'So what? it's their choice!'

============================================

Well trust me its not! if it was my choice, her tubes would have been tied and she would be living on the street if she refused to take a job.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 March 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Asked about people who work to support themselves, she says: 'So what? it's their choice!'

============================================

Well trust me its not! if it was my choice, her tubes would have been tied and she would be living on the street if she refused to take a job.

I wish I had the option to not work..

She is one of the many "Oxygen thieves" abusing the system. Individuals like this should be sterilized to stop them breeding (although you would think her looks would take care of that).

What possible input does she put into this Country or the economy?

Posted Image

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,426 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postxsas, on 21 March 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I wish I had the option to not work..

She is one of the many "Oxygen thieves" abusing the system. Individuals like this should be sterilized to stop them breeding (although you would think her looks would take care of that).

What possible input does she put into this Country or the economy?
My husband tweeted yesterday "I might as well sign on, thats where the coin is", he is so right!
Yep, she is no oil painting, she looks like a Picasso gone wrong....some man must have been extremely drunk or she somehow got into the morgue one night 16 years ago!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Give them Food stamps that can ONLY be used in selected Stores (no Cash -For -Foodstamps allowed, no alcohol or cigs), pay their rent (directly to their landlord) no 2 million pound houses allowed, if that fails then they go off to Workhouse accommodation and actually earn their benefits.

Just watch how many will then decide that working is a better alternative.

Of course, there is no Political party prepared to REALLY address the problem of the Indolent

Edited by keithisco, 21 March 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I can tell you right now that not everyone gets that at all. The government doesn't like to pay out to people who are actually trying to get work. They wouldn't give my friend Housing benefit, council tax reduction and pay him about £30 a week. Just because his housemate has a full time job, thye expect her to support him. He applies for jobs everyday, probably the most unlazy person I know to be perfectly honest and he gets **** on. He has council tax debt because he can't afford to pay council tax with that amount. It's utter BS. I don't care if some lazy git like her gets money from the system, if you cut the benefits you make decent honest people suffer who are really trying. You don't always end up in certain positions from your own choices, not everyone has the same start or luck in life.

They should just be stricter with making her go to job interviews etc. My friend does loads of voluntary work while he is on Benefits, charity work and animal shelters. Works harder than a lot of people who are working, yet gets £35 a week.

Edited by Coffey, 21 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

My husband tweeted yesterday "I might as well sign on, thats where the coin is", he is so right!

No it really isn't, people are reading these articles and taking in the BS. It is nothing like this, read what I wrote above about a close friend of mine.

#9    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I can tell you right now that not everyone gets that at all. The government doesn't like to pay out to people who are actually trying to get work. They wouldn't give my friend Housing benefit, council tax reduction and pay him about £30 a week. Just because his housemate has a full time job, thye expect her to support him. He applies for jobs everyday, probably the most unlazy person I know to be perfectly honest and he gets **** on. He has council tax debt because he can't afford to pay council tax with that amount. It's utter BS. I don't care if some lazy git like her gets money from the system, if you cut the benefits you make decent honest people suffer who are really trying. You don't always end up in certain positions from your own choices, not everyone has the same start or luck in life.
The important thing is to make them responsible for the payments they receive!! Your friend has a HouseMate, that is always a case of "Extra Income", she has to pay her proportion towards the Council Tax. His reduction is because he charges rent, and that is entirely the right thing to do.

If he is truly unlazy then he would take any job in the interim, not just wait for the perfect job to come along. "Really Trying" means (in your context) wont work unless I get the job I want. Tough!! I worked as a cleaner, a Car Washer, a Waiter etc when my Perfect Job was not available, I never said I was ever too good to these Jobs

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

The important thing is to make them responsible for the payments they receive!! Your friend has a HouseMate, that is always a case of "Extra Income", she has to pay her proportion towards the Council Tax. His reduction is because he charges rent, and that is entirely the right thing to do.

If he is truly unlazy then he would take any job in the interim, not just wait for the perfect job to come along. "Really Trying" means (in your context) wont work unless I get the job I want. Tough!! I worked as a cleaner, a Car Washer, a Waiter etc when my Perfect Job was not available, I never said I was ever too good to these Jobs

His housemate pays all the rent, he pays nothing because they don't help him with it... How is that fair, it is not his housemates responsibility to pay for his rent. They do not give him council tax or a reduction, they do not help him with rent. His housemates pay covers, rent, electric and gas and then they go halves on food shopping. After that they are not left with enough for council tax. therefore they have debt collectors at their door constantly.

As for him getting a job, read what he does for voluntary... He would take anything, he tries to.

#11    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well I think that it's wrong because no one should have that sort of attitude.
But this is a tiny amount of people like this on benefits.
I agree that people like her are a disgrace, and it angers me so much.
Especially during the fact i'm on the dole and i'm nothing like this horrible waste of space.
I spend my money on food, and bills and clothes, when I need them.
I think to say benefit claiments shouldn't be allowed to go shopping is stupid. Even IDS doesn't mind doleys shopping for clothes, if they need them.
But this waste of space should have her benefits taken off her. if people refuse to look for work and waste there money on crap. they should be thrown on the streets.

#12    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 21 March 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Give them Food stamps that can ONLY be used in selected Stores (no Cash -For -Foodstamps allowed, no alcohol or cigs), pay their rent (directly to their landlord) no 2 million pound houses allowed, if that fails then they go off to Workhouse accommodation and actually earn their benefits.

Just watch how many will then decide that working is a better alternative.

Of course, there is no Political party prepared to REALLY address the problem of the Indolent
You do realise that most people that are unemployed are NOT like this woman? you do realise i'm not like this woman and i'm on the dole?This woman is a disgrace, but it's foolish to say there all the same. It's like saying because one drug addict murders an old lady. All drug addicts must be sadistic granny killers.And no offence but what on earth are you on about? no one on the dole lives in 2 million pound houses.And to sugest Workhouses be brought back is absurd. Workhouses were despicable and we can not condone slavery in today's world. Also foodstamps is a silly idea. What happens if they don't get enough to eat, are they meant to starve to death. You do realize there's record unemployment, that most doleys have worked and been redundant. people can't get jobs, nothing to do with lazienss. I suggest maybe you should go on the dole yourself and see how terrible and difficult it is to live on £142 a fortnight.I agree that the woman in the article should have benefits taken away and thrown on the streets, but she's a tiny minority.

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,426 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

No it really isn't, people are reading these articles and taking in the BS. It is nothing like this, read what I wrote above about a close friend of mine.
You are actually right, my husband was out of work a few years back and in a the same position as your friend. its seems that the more you extract the urine out of the system the more they want to help. My husband got a good job a couple of months later, because he was looking!
There is no doubt there are many abusing the system and I just can not understand how they get away with it when it is so difficult for people like your friend or my husband to get help when needed.
I must add that I was not prepared to have 6 kids or adopt loads from Africa, or wear a shell suit and walk about with a bottle of cider in one hand and a cig in the other, maybe this did not help our cause.

Edited by freetoroam, 21 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#14    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,204 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postali smack, on 21 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

You do realise that most people that are unemployed are NOT like this woman? you do realise i'm not like this woman and i'm on the dole?This woman is a disgrace, but it's foolish to say there all the same. It's like saying because one drug addict murders an old lady. All drug addicts must be sadistic granny killers.And no offence but what on earth are you on about? no one on the dole lives in 2 million pound houses.And to sugest Workhouses be brought back is absurd. Workhouses were despicable and we can not condone slavery in today's world. Also foodstamps is a silly idea. What happens if they don't get enough to eat, are they meant to starve to death. You do realize there's record unemployment, that most doleys have worked and been redundant. people can't get jobs, nothing to do with lazienss. I suggest maybe you should go on the dole yourself and see how terrible and difficult it is to live on £142 a fortnight.I agree that the woman in the article should have benefits taken away and thrown on the streets, but she's a tiny minority.

you are right these people are in the minority. but what really needs to happen is a overhaul of the benefits system. there should be a flat rate of pay which takes into account any council tax and rent rebate. - its already started under this Tory government. but doesn't go far enough, £27,000 is the maximum benefit payment, which is unbelievable when you think someone on minimum wage will get £13,000 and still have to pay tax/ nat insurance etc... but the majority on JSA benefits will only receive between £3,000 and £9,000 a year. its the ones on £13,000 a year plus who grab all the headlines for the wrong reasons.

has for the woman in this article why isn't she and her ilk made to go crop picking. instead of importing thousands of immigrants (who should be commended for traveling hundreds of miles for work ) when we already have our own - thousands of long term useless who wouldn't travel 10 inches to find a job. i think we could trust the woman in this piece with carrots potatoes etc... and the more she slacks the less she gets paid. then and only then will we start tackling this attitude of cant work wont work.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#15    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

His housemate pays all the rent, he pays nothing because they don't help him with it... How is that fair, it is not his housemates responsibility to pay for his rent. They do not give him council tax or a reduction, they do not help him with rent. His housemates pay covers, rent, electric and gas and then they go halves on food shopping. After that they are not left with enough for council tax. therefore they have debt collectors at their door constantly.

As for him getting a job, read what he does for voluntary... He would take anything, he tries to.

You should tell him to go to the CAB. Not only should he be getting housing benefit to cover his rent (or at least a pre-set amount of it - it's £230pm up here, a lot more for those over 35), and not only should he be getting council tax sorted for him (though this might be a grey area due to the house-mate), but the government has deemed that a person needs £70pw as a bare minimum to survive (Jobseekers allowance pays this amount, roughly). By law he should be getting Jobseekers allowance if he is looking for a job and should be receiving the same amount of money as the woman from the OP. Whether or not he has a 'house-mate' doesn't come into it.

Raw deal doesn't even come close.

Also tagged with sket, benefits, dole, cigs, booze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users