Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

[Merged] Abortion and beliefs

atheist pro live abortion rights of the unborn

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 29 November 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

What I find interesting is (not knowing the OP's religion aside) the Christian agenda regarding abortion has nothing to do with biblical precedent. Before the 1850's or so abortions weren't anything to write home about until the Catholics vs. Protestant ugliness brought it to a head. That and social Darwinism which was directed at anyone thought to "out breed" the better classes of people. The bible says if you cause a woman to lose a baby (doesn't really specify when) you owe the woman five scheckles. They also didn't name their infants until a month after birth because you didn't "waste" a good name on a baby until it was viable. Take also that the Jewish Torah says a baby isn't "born" or alive until it takes its first breath. So in reality the Christian agenda wasn't so much about saving the unborn as making sure the poor didn't outbreed the better classes of people (who could afford doctors to have abortions). Since then it's just as much propaganda to get the flock all worked up to pour more money into the church.
i find this very interesting as well - thanks for posting it

#77    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,802 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostJGirl, on 29 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

she is a he - and he just opens a new thread when he doesn't want to address questions asked of him on this one. he has an agenda. he is not exposing so called scammer abortionists. he is against abortion and is doing whatever he can to put it in a bad light to serve his own belief system.

I could have swore that he said he was a she.  OOOPPPSSSS!  LOL

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#78    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,802 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 29 November 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Not an excuse, it's offensive.

Live by this, if you feel so strong: Don't like abortions? Don't have one.

stay out of everyone's business. Saying the doctors are doing it just for the money and they're 'literally' throwing away live human babies is outrageous and false. NOBODY spends 10 years at medical school just to scam you.
Oh, I agree with you, I just erased the rest of what I was going to say because it was not very nice.  The whole abortion debate irks me, especially when people make up their minds and will not look at it from another view.

Women have been having abortions for thousands of years.  Of course in the old days they used herbs to rid them of the children, and it is sily for Pro-lifers to not even consider that women still do this.  Abortions don't have to be an operation, but, the DNC is more effective.

#79    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostJGirl, on 29 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

she is a he - and he just opens a new thread when he doesn't want to address questions asked of him on this one. he has an agenda. he is not exposing so called scammer abortionists. he is against abortion and is doing whatever he can to put it in a bad light to serve his own belief system.

Agreed. I really would like him to stop.

View Postglorybebe, on 29 November 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

Oh, I agree with you, I just erased the rest of what I was going to say because it was not very nice.  The whole abortion debate irks me, especially when people make up their minds and will not look at it from another view.

Women have been having abortions for thousands of years.  Of course in the old days they used herbs to rid them of the children, and it is sily for Pro-lifers to not even consider that women still do this.  Abortions don't have to be an operation, but, the DNC is more effective.

If we make abortions illegal women will get life endangering abortions. The rates of abortion will be the same, they will jump down stairs, ask to be hit, take drugs and alcohol and indeed use 'herbs'. It may sound stupid, but those are the measure women will need to take if people like dhole keep on their charade of evil doctors and scammy abortion clinics and convince everyone it's 'safer' for the women to make it illegal.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#80    aryannatimothy

aryannatimothy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

That is very unhumane... :( It is sad hoe people can change towards others and how selfish they can get for these helpless babies whom they stripped off their rights to live. Who knows, one of these babies can have a very important role in the future.

Discover the power of the mind and know how to manifest what you want. Click mind power secrets to know more.

#81    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 28 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Also, there is not an accepted scientific discription of being a "person" but   Philosophers have stated (quite correctly in my opinion) "that the newborn doesn’t yet meet their definition of a “person”

I disagree and feel it is morally wrong..   I cannot imagine  taking my own little baby boy  ( who was born back in May of this year )   into my arms, stare at his little face cooing up at me and killing him.. That is messed up in my opinion

An 8 week old foetus  is still part of the womans body and more dependent  .. A baby, once born, is no longer part of the womans  body, and it can survive  much better on its own  than an 8 week old  foetus ..  So killing a baby AFTER it is born  is wrong

I would have done anything to save my little girls life,  this is why I cannot condone killing a newborn..  Any parent who has lost their child and grieved will agree..   If anyone can take a newborn in their  arms, stare it in the face and kill it? Then that in my opinion  makes them sick murderers

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 29 November 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#82    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,802 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 29 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Agreed. I really would like him to stop.

If we make abortions illegal women will get life endangering abortions. The rates of abortion will be the same, they will jump down stairs, ask to be hit, take drugs and alcohol and indeed use 'herbs'. It may sound stupid, but those are the measure women will need to take if people like dhole keep on their charade of evil doctors and scammy abortion clinics and convince everyone it's 'safer' for the women to make it illegal.
What's sad is the attitude towards women who abort or are thinking of aborting.  It's like they are sub-human in the eyes of pro-lifers.  How many women died in the 60s due to back alley abortions?  A coat hanger s what was used in many of the 'operations'  and with the attitude that the women deserved what they got...it is just horrible.  Women are already suffering eith an unwanted pregnancy why take away everything from them when they are at their lowest?

#83    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

This day and age people who don't want children can easily avoid not getting knock up. If someone gets knocked up who didn't want a child well they are idiots maybe they shouldn't be having sex in the first place

#84    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostToadie, on 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

This day and age people who don't want children can easily avoid not getting knock up. If someone gets knocked up who didn't want a child well they are idiots maybe they shouldn't be having sex in the first place
this statement is evidence of your total ignorance of this topic.

#85    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

No it is not. If you are living in a society where conception is available you should be able to avoid falling pregnant. On rare case conception fails then that is a different story or if something terrible has happen to you like rape then that is also different. I really don't understand how some females can get pregnant when they are having sex on their own terms. If you don't want to use protection and you also do not want a child then you shouldn't be having sex. Not rocket science

#86    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostToadie, on 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

No it is not. If you are living in a society where conception is available you should be able to avoid falling pregnant. On rare case conception fails then that is a different story or if something terrible has happen to you like rape then that is also different. I really don't understand how some females can get pregnant when they are having sex on their own terms. If you don't want to use protection and you also do not want a child then you shouldn't be having sex. Not rocket science
first of all you claim these people are idiots
do you know them all?
secondly there is no contraception on the market that is 100 percent effective.
my sister in law got pregnant with twins after she had her tubes tied. many women get pregnant while on the pill and condoms are not made of superhuman materials and can break or tear.
so please keep your shortsightedness to yourself.

#87    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

The ones that don't use any form of conception in my opinion are or maybe they just lack commonsense.

I know that sometimes it may fail but at least they had commonsense of using conception to begin with

#88    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

The failure rate for contraceptives even when properly used is well documented, include with that number the rate of contraception failure due to product failure (antibiotics will sometimes nullify birth control pills, etc), it accounts for a good percentage of abortions.

The real issue here is that those by and large who have a moral objection to abortion do so on religious grounds. That is all well and good for that person's belief system, if they think abortion is wrong, don't have one. For the rest of the population who does not believe that way, it's their freedom, their body. Women have a right to control if they want to reproduce or not. End of story and for those who believe that isn't the case, you don't have a right to decide for others in every other realm, why should reproduction be something controlled by the state?

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#89    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I am both - Pro Life and Pro Choice if that makes sense?

In the UK and Ireland, women know the risks of unprotected sex.   If a girl / woman  seriously does not want to have any kids, then it is up to her to do what she can to not take the risks.. The UK and Ireland  have free contraceptives,, There is also a morning after pill that gives you up to 3 days..it too is free of charge......I have  in the past taken the morning after pill, back when I was in my 20's, Gary and I didn't want kids,,I was not ready to take any risk

If a woman  is careless and she never thinks to protect herself, and she takes the risk and falls pregnant, she can still abort early..BUT if she doesn't give a hoot to go early  and she leaves it  much later in the pregnancy  and then says - "Take the baby out and kill it, I no longer care for this".. I have no respect for half wits like that  .... Reason being,  I know there are many women  out there, who have had to abort, and most didn't want to, but had to for medical reasons, rape, and other dire situations, that I find most understandable .. This would have been hard for them, It most likely break their hearts..

Yet there are good for nothing women out there that do not give a rats ass for anyone else but themselves, and will abort because they don't give a crap and they wont think much of it..  We know that there are other women  who will give their right arm to have a baby, but fail each time, they would love to adopt,,I bet they wish they had the chance to get pregnant and appreciate it more.. It is effing ironic .  This in NO WAY, is me telling anyone what to do with their bodies, it is just my opinion

I support any woman  who is in dire situations, medical problems  or have been victims of rape.. I support their rights to abort as soon as they can..I don't feel it is right to look down on them either

#90    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 29 November 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

The failure rate for contraceptives even when properly used is well documented

If you use contraceptives and suddenly find yourself pregnant, you may wonder why your chosen method of birth control failed to work. The fact is that an overwhelming 53% of unplanned pregnancies occur in women who are using contraceptives. And while you may think that only teenagers and young women experience contraceptive failure, the fact is that the majority of unplanned pregnancies, about three-quarters of them, occur in women over the age of 20, according to an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association.  http://womenshealth....ive_failure.htm

My question is .. How do they prove that the contraceptive failed them?  Do they run tests ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users