Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Dramatisation of 1961 alien abduction


  • Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#1    Persia

Persia

    A Persian Monarchist

  • Member
  • 8,769 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • ♥ FREE PERSIA♥

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

'Five-feet tall with very large slanted eyes': Dramatisation of 1961 'alien abduction' to hit the big screen

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1YmsetLHJ


Posted Image

#2    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostPersia, on 23 September 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

'Five-feet tall with very large slanted eyes': Dramatisation of 1961 'alien abduction' to hit the big screen

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1YmsetLHJ


It already hit the small screen (tv) in 1975 "The UFO Incident"

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#3    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

I'd like to see more movies on this subject. There was
"Fire In The Sky" about Travous Walton.


#4    Order66

Order66

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined:05 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Thanatos

  • The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

There was a TV movie with James Earl Jones in the 70s. It's been suggested Travis Walton saw this on TV and concocted the story based on it:



Posted Image

#5    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 25 September 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

I'd like to see more movies on this subject. There was
"Fire In The Sky" about Travous Walton.


Travis is a lying sack of #"%&. Him, Billy Meier and Bob Lazar (just to mention a few) truly belongs in the UFO hall of shame.



And the movie sucked too.

Edited by DBunker, 25 September 2011 - 03:20 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

When millions of people around the world report an abduction experience with simularity about 4 ft. greys, then there must be something to this. And if it's just hallucinations like some claim, then there should be an investigation why millions are having the same experience.


#7    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

When millions of people around the world report an abduction experience with simularity about 4 ft. greys, then there must be something to this. And if it's just hallucinations like some claim, then there should be an investigation why millions are having the same experience.


Back in the days people all over the world saw and believed in witches. Heck, they even executed a couple of 100 000 people for it.... did that make witches real?


No. I believe that this sort of stuff has more to do with the human psyche than anything else.

Edited by DBunker, 25 September 2011 - 03:41 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    Anotheryahoo

Anotheryahoo

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2011

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

I would like some proof Travis is lying ? They all have stuck to their story for years and years. Sure Hollywood mucked the movie all up and made a mess of the true story. But I havent seen anything that shows this was concocted. If they make a movie I hope they stick to the events as they happened and dont screw it all up as hollywood seems to allways do as they did with fire in the sky or Communion. Hollywood is horrible at making true accounts of anything. Lets hope they stick to the events just as they happened or were reported without Hollywoods addiction to B.S.,twist adding things missing things and in the end you have garbage. Fire in the sky could have been a great movie instead they added crap,pure crap that never happened and then didnt tell the whole complete story!


#9    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

    Master Blaster

  • Member
  • 11,065 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Missing TX.

  • One day love will find me.....

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

When millions of people around the world report an abduction experience with simularity about 4 ft. greys, then there must be something to this. And if it's just hallucinations like some claim, then there should be an investigation why millions are having the same experience.
Millions dont report it. Where do you get that crap? :rolleyes:

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 25 September 2011 - 04:19 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.


...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#10    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostAnotheryahoo, on 25 September 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

I would like some proof Travis is lying ? They all have stuck to their story for years and years. Sure Hollywood mucked the movie all up and made a mess of the true story. But I havent seen anything that shows this was concocted.


On the Best evidence threads we have been over the Walton case many times. Use the UM search engine and you wont have any problem finding it.

Here is a tip for you - try debunking the case and see what you can come up with. Just to see if it holds water. Thats how I try and do this. By falcification.

The Walton story stinks to high heaven.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#11    morrison1976

morrison1976

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,785 posts
  • Joined:21 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brghton (UK)

  • Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 September 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

On the Best evidence threads we have been over the Walton case many times. Use the UM search engine and you wont have any problem finding it.

Here is a tip for you - try debunking the case and see what you can come up with. Just to see if it holds water. Thats how I try and do this. By falcification.

The Walton story stinks to high heaven.


Er, there has been many threads on travis walton. I have posted in a few of them. There is no way any hard proof that this case is a hoax. Im not saying its all true, but i find this case very interesting. Off course you will get the same old de-bunkers trying their best to de-bunk it, but then again, thats nothing new :( Apart from the lie detector test, the other thing i find interesting is the fact that none of the other witnesess have come forward to say its a hoax. You can't say that the reason for this is because they are making money from the hoax, because they are not. So why have they stuck to the story. Its not like they are all close friends either, because they are not.


#12    morrison1976

morrison1976

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,785 posts
  • Joined:21 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brghton (UK)

  • Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 September 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Back in the days people all over the world saw and believed in witches. Heck, they even executed a couple of 100 000 people for it.... did that make witches real?


No. I believe that this sort of stuff has more to do with the human psyche than anything else.

That is a weak example. How primitive were we back then? Did we use scientific evidence to prove that these people were witches? No, we did not. We just dumped them in water, and if they sunk, they were not witches, if they floated, they were witches. Back then was another world, dominated by the church. These days its completly different. I am not saying that abductions are real, but the example you used is weak.


#13    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

View Postmorrison1976, on 25 September 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

That is a weak example. How primitive were we back then? Did we use scientific evidence to prove that these people were witches? No, we did not. We just dumped them in water, and if they sunk, they were not witches, if they floated, they were witches. Back then was another world, dominated by the church. These days its completly different. I am not saying that abductions are real, but the example you used is weak.


Weak or not, I think it says a lot about human belief system. Take Ghosts, Demons, Aliens or whatever that people do believe in today, 2011..... and the evidence for any of it


Thats whats weak if you ask me.

Still, some people do believe its all real.

Edited by DBunker, 25 September 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#14    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

View Postmorrison1976, on 25 September 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Er, there has been many threads on travis walton. I have posted in a few of them. There is no way any hard proof that this case is a hoax. Im not saying its all true, but i find this case very interesting. Off course you will get the same old de-bunkers trying their best to de-bunk it, but then again, thats nothing new :( Apart from the lie detector test, the other thing i find interesting is the fact that none of the other witnesess have come forward to say its a hoax. You can't say that the reason for this is because they are making money from the hoax, because they are not. So why have they stuck to the story. Its not like they are all close friends either, because they are not.


I agree that the walton story is an interesting one.... but in the end thats all it is, an interesting story. It all comes down to belief. Do we choose to believe it, or not. All we have are words comming out of someones mouth. We know that people lie, for whatever reason.

Based on the evidence (or the lack of), I choose not to believe in this one..

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#15    morrison1976

morrison1976

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,785 posts
  • Joined:21 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brghton (UK)

  • Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 September 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Weak or not, I think it says a lot about human belief system. Take Ghosts, Demons, Aliens or whatever that people do believe in today, 2011..... and the evidence for any of it


Thats whats weak if you ask me.

Still, some people do believe its all real.

Im glad you brought up "belief system" Do you believe that only believers have a "belief system"? If so, you are wrong. Many non believers have their own belief system, and it gets in the way of honest thinking. Take de-bunkers. There belief system is just as bad as the believers belief, but they will never admit that, and at the end of the day, you are both as bad as echother :(

Quote

I agree that the walton story is an interesting one.... but in the end thats all it is, an interesting story. It all comes down to belief. Do we choose to believe it, or not. All we have are words comming out of someones mouth. We know that people lie, for whatever reason.

Based on the evidence (or the lack of), I choose not to believe in this one..


You have just proven to everyone how a belief system can cloud your judgement. This is the reason why you think this is a hoax! lol If that does not scream belief system, i don't know what does!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users