Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scariest Places on Earth: real?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• It's in the trees--- it's coming!

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:58 AM

With Halloween coming up and all, I'm waiting for ABC Family to (hopefully) rerun Scariest Places on Earth.  I L-O-V-E this show, even though it's a little corny at times.  What does everyone think about this show?  Real or not?  It's still the most realistic ghost-hunting show I've seen in recent years.  But I have this constant debate with my staunch skeptic boyfriend.  He says SPOE is "totally fake" right down to the stories they feature (this from a guy who decided at the age of 6 that there was no God  wacko.gif ).  Now, just so ya'll know, I don't go for most of the supernatural shows on TV.  John "I've got a name that starts with M" Edwards, I'm looking in your direction.  

...I Want to Believe.

#2    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:30 AM

Hi Vera  laugh.gif

Yes it is fake........outrageously fake!!!!!!  wink2.gif

If you read the end credits it states that effects are used to enhance the programme......... laugh.gif

I was lucky enough to talk to a chap called Jason who went on the Draculas' Castle dare. He said they were flown out to Romania and kept in a hotel room and not allowed out or anything. They were then taken in a mini-bus to the castle, fed a load of ghost stories, and sent up there. This will have had a remarkable effect. Firstly, the adrenaline would be pumping. Then they would be extremely nervous after nearly a week of waiting. It's all psychological! Add a few hidden wires and sound effects and BINGO ~ instant ghosts!

Also, researchers and scientists have tried for many years to capture RSPK on film but to no avail. So how come a US T.V. programme manages to get all sortsof 'phenomena'?

Still, it is a good entertainment programme and I love to watch those poor people getting scared..............ummmm....criminey......that makes me sound cruel...

*wonders how to get Cuffy signed up*

Hammy x x x

#3    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (dancin'hamster @ Oct 14 2003, 06:30 AM)
*wonders how to get Cuffy signed up*

This is what I have to put up with.  crying.gif

And me a scaredy, too.  With a dicky heart.  And bad nerves.  And this terrible pain all down one side whenever the weather's cold.  And......

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#4    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:37 AM

I saw a couple shows called Scream Test, where contestants were taken to a haunted location, and they had to solve puzzles in rooms that were, supposedly, haunted.  The last one standing won, basically.  I loved that show.  It was Australian, I think.  It was on the Family Channel.

Nothing to see here.

#5    peachykeane

peachykeane

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• Just peachy to see ya!

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:58 PM

I've seen Scariest places and while I enjoyed it immensely (there's something about people screaming and terrified that makes me laugh) devil.gif  I think it's probably fake.

Most haunted is my fave but even with that I reserve judgement on it's total authenticity but Yvette's hysterics (sadly rare these days) make it a must see. I still laugh about that first episode where she and the sceptical make up girl were reduced to quivering wrecks within minutes.

"What's that noise! Whoooeeuuurgh!"

#6    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 14 October 2003 - 04:53 PM

ooooh Peachy ~ I LOVE Most Haunted!!!!!!!! It's fab!

#7    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:38 PM

I hate Alan Robson,he's just plain lame......

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#8    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• It's in the trees--- it's coming!

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:32 PM

So it's fake...I should've figured as much.  But it's still fun to watch.   cool.gif

...I Want to Believe.

#9    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (dancin'hamster @ Oct 14 2003, 05:30 AM)
Yes it is fake........outrageously fake!!!!!!  wink2.gif

If you read the end credits it states that effects are used to enhance the programme......... laugh.gif

Shame on them!  disgust.gif  

#10    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:42 PM

ooooooooooooh dear............ did I spoil it for you sweetie??

sorry

dontgetit.gif

Hammy x x x

#11    PrinceOfDarkness

PrinceOfDarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:59 AM

I only saw the last half of the episode at Dracula's Castle (was it Bran Castle?) and I didn't think it had much credibility to be honest, but it's still immensely enjoyable to watch for entertainment  original.gif  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users