Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Active Shooter Reported at Fort Hood in Texas

Still Waters

Local news outlets are reporting that officials at Fort Hood, Texas, have confirmed an "on-base" incident that may be an active shooter. Local station KCEN-TV is saying that it has reports of several people have been injured, with at least one patient being taken to a hospital. The shooter may also still be at large.

http://www.thewire.c...ing-new/360067/

http://fox13now.com/...g-on-fort-hood/

Well more workplace violence. Thank you political correctness.

• Like 1

As of 6:48 CST shooter dead and 14 injured.

Just saw there are 14 wounded and 3 dead but nothing is confirmed. Waiting for Obama to come on and make a statement. Links are old but headlines on CNN and FOX say the shooter may be one of the dead.

FOX just announced 4 dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Fox identified the shooter as spc. Ivan Lopez and said it happened in the motor pool area. He is alleged to have taken his own life.

Edited by susieice

Check out stats on how many military veterans have committed suicide in 2014. Will Obama address that?

• Like 2

Check out stats on how many military veterans have committed suicide in 2014. Will Obama address that?

As badly as I dislike the putz I have to stand for him on this one. It's not only Obama - Bush needs to be working for them tirelessly. The pols are too gutless to institute a draft so they use patriotism to get guys in then make them do endless tours. If it's worth shedding blood for then it should be done as fairly as possible. The suicides are a stain on our country.
  • Like 1

Fort Hood press conference says 3 victims and shooter dead, 16 wounded. Shooter served in Iraq in 2011. He had recently purchased the gun. He was married with kids. Was in the process of being diagnosed for PTS. He suffered from depression and anxiety.

As badly as I dislike the putz I have to stand for him on this one. It's not only Obama - Bush needs to be working for them tirelessly. The pols are too gutless to institute a draft so they use patriotism to get guys in then make them do endless tours. If it's worth shedding blood for then it should be done as fairly as possible. The suicides are a stain on our country.

Just curious...

The suicides are a stain on the country no doubt. What makes you believe instituting a draft would solve the problem of veteran suicide? Through a more national collective guilt? That doesn't solve the problem. The stain will still exists... more then likely would explode.

Perhaps looking into why suicides have become an epidemic need serious looking into. I'm afraid the answer has been said many times but isn't reported by the media and for good reason. It's the drug companies. Government backed drug companies. Antidepressants.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Yet another example of someone with a mental illness who didn't get the help they needed, and will forever be portrayed as a monster. In no way do I support what he did and I feel bad for the deceased and incredibly bad for their families, but when is enough enough?

All shooters could've gotten help and support, yet we label them "mentally ill", and they have to live with that stigma, which obviously and unfortunately doesn't help their fragile minds. Society tends to ostracize such people, (especially in the minds of the shooters, even if it's imagined) and that makes them want to harm those who (in their minds) have failed them, society itself. These people aren't dumb. Once again, I do not support this type of behavior.

"He was (is) crazy, what a bad person!" Maybe that's what they are thinking before they commit these acts, and know that's how they will be portrayed, and in their unstable state, want to be portrayed that way. Usually people with depression and anxiety don't have the highest self-esteem.

Give them exactly, I mean exactly what they want, support them, and most importantly, don't give them access to a firearm.

Edited by andy4

Yet another example of someone with a mental illness who didn't get the help they needed, and will forever be portrayed as a monster. In no way do I support what he did and I feel bad for the deceased and incredibly bad for their families, but when is enough enough?

All shooters could've gotten help and support, yet we label them "mentally ill", and they have to live with that stigma, which obviously and unfortunately doesn't help their fragile minds. Society tends to ostracize such people, (especially in the minds of the shooters, even if it's imagined) and that makes them want to harm those who (in their minds) have failed them, society itself. These people aren't dumb. Once again, I do not support this type of behavior.

"He was (is) crazy, what a bad person!" Maybe that's what they are thinking before they commit these acts, and know that how they will be portrayed, and in their unstable state, want to be portrayed that way. Usually people with depression and anxiety don't have the highest self-esteem.

Give them exactly, I mean exactly what they want, support them, and most importantly, don't give them access to a firearm.

Apparently he was getting care. He was in a program for returnees suffering from the above listed conditions. This more then likely means he was on gov prescribed meds...... Antidepressants.

Apparently he was getting care. He was in a program for returnees suffering from the above listed conditions. This more then likely means he was on gov prescribed meds...... Antidepressants.

I guess we will see when all the information comes out, however, I am sticking to my story, yet agree fully with yours as well.

• Like 1

Just curious...

The suicides are a stain on the country no doubt. What makes you believe instituting a draft would solve the problem of veteran suicide? Through a more national collective guilt? That doesn't solve the problem. The stain will still exists... more then likely would explode.

Perhaps looking into why suicides have become an epidemic need serious looking into. I'm afraid the answer has been said many times but isn't reported by the media and for good reason. It's the drug companies. Government backed drug companies. Antidepressants.

Maybe you are correct - I don't know but it would be interesting to see the data on how many of the suicides are on meds for depression. I think it's the memories of the horrors they saw - and maybe took part in. The idea of the draft means that many more would have to rotate through and so less time there for each. Also it would create a sense of shared sacrifice - OR it would cause us to think much harder before committing ourselves to such conflicts.
  • Like 1

Just another sad example of why we need mental health care reformed in this country, especially for those who served. The number of soldier suicides is alarming as well. We need to make sure everyone gets the help they need so these tragedies don't happen anymore.

Fort Hood: Investigation underway into what led to shootings

http://www.washingto...pm_national_pop

Hmmm, I wonder how much money will be spent on that investigation? Why investigate it at all. Someone went over the edge and people are dead, most importantly, the shooter is dead; end of story.

Do they think they can stop this from happening again if they investigate it just like the last time they investigated it when it happened?

• Like 1

No he won't, except to shed a few crocodile tears as he does.

And the media will not include this data, nor the suicide data, when reporting on "war casualties".

Dubya let loose the Dogs of War, and Barack continues it, despite his feeble protestations and lip service.

They said this morning on the news the shooter only served 4 months in Iraq. He had moved to the base only several weeks ago.

The US Army is investigating whether psychological trauma was the reason a soldier carried out a deadly shooting spree at a Texas military base.

The man has not been named by the army but US media have identified him as 34-year-old Ivan Lopez.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-26872691

Just another sad example of why we need mental health care reformed in this country, especially for those who served. The number of soldier suicides is alarming as well. We need to make sure everyone gets the help they need so these tragedies don't happen anymore.

Actually what's alarming is how many mass shooters are on anti-depressants. Like this guy was. Connection? Hmmmmm......

Actually what's alarming is how many mass shooters are on anti-depressants. Like this guy was. Connection? Hmmmmm......

Good point. I only know one person, know well, who's been medicated on anti-depressants for a good while. He was always our 'nutty' friend but never a real concern. He's still mostly alright but ever since he's been prescribed his medicine he's never been quite the same. Whatever his issues were before he sought the shrink, mostly depression according to him, I'm sure he could've overcame them better than he has being on these drugs that he now can't cope without.

True story... I hate pills first off. Always have. But one night against my better judgment years back my friend I speak of kept telling me to try one of the pills that makes him feel so much better. I guess he wanted me to understand how he feels. Reluctantly, I eventually ate one. I was literally out cold face down for almost 24 hours. This pill was so small too. I couldn't believe what a tiny pill could do to me and mostly I couldn't believe that he eats them everyday just to stay straight. The pill is called klonopin. Unbelievable. I'm not saying the pill made me or makes him want to kill people but there's something psychoactive and dangerous about these kinds of medications and I'll never ever ever consider taking something like that again.

Man, barely two pages and already we have:

• Obama's fault/lying/ignoring
  • There should be a draft.
  • It's all Big Pharma! They're just trying to sell anti-depressants!
  • It's Health Care's fault! They failed to diagnose mental illness!
  • The media is hiding the REAL information!
  • Not only is Big Pharma trying to sell drugs, they are probably creating the disease!

That's pretty impressive, even for CT's.

Man, barely two pages and already we have:

• Obama's fault/lying/ignoring
  • There should be a draft.
  • It's all Big Pharma! They're just trying to sell anti-depressants!
  • It's Health Care's fault! They failed to diagnose mental illness!
  • The media is hiding the REAL information!
  • Not only is Big Pharma trying to sell drugs, they are probably creating the disease!

That's pretty impressive, even for CT's.

I chalk this up to plain old crazy as most of these occurences are but there does almost always seem to be a correlation to anti-depressants when people go postal.

• Like 1